PDA

View Full Version : VW Touareg Individual

Klint
June 8th, 2004, 13:18
Ebony, Bicolour Leather Trim, 19-Inch Wheels

Wolfsburg, 03 June 2004 - The Touareg Individual version represents a new exclusive addition to the range.

With this Model the Volkswagen Individual GmbH starts the high-grade individual programm around the Touareg. Both the exterior and interior equipment of the Touareg Individual are characterised by the highest quality details. Inside, a new bicolour leather trim is used for the seats and parts of the door trim. The comfort seats in the Touareg are upgraded by a combination of nappa leather and brown natural leather. New ebony applications in the "macassar” décor add even more style to this appearance. High-quality aluminium in the areas of the doors and sills sets up an optical contrast to the natural materials.

The Touareg Individual will be supplied as standard with newly designed 19 inch alloy wheels ("Sienna” type in "Sterling” or "Titanium” colours) and 275/45 R19 tyres. Furthermore, the step on the rear bumper, the entire radiator grille and the side window frames are in chromium - a touch otherwise reserved for the top-of-the-range engine versions (V8 and V10 TDI). The silver roof rack blends harmoniously into the scheme.

The Touareg Individual is available from € 48,350 for all engine types.

sturs6
June 8th, 2004, 14:26
I have been thinking about buying the V10 TDI Touareg but I went to some various forums and saw lots of problems with the vehicle not the V10 mainly but just the vehicle in general. For example clubtouareg.com has a section dedicated to bugs and problems. This kind of scares me.
-Stuart

Klint
June 14th, 2004, 00:50
Stuart,

That's ashame, might be worth holding back untill next years Touareg production, since it's still in it's first year and needs (obviously) plenty of bugs to be fixed.

I-Myself, quite like the Touareg. :)

Matteus
June 17th, 2004, 21:07
here in Europe they also put in the 6.0 W12 engine in the Touareg Individual:

http://www.auto55.be/content/page.php?id=2981

you probably dont understand much of that, but it does say that the W12 will be put in the car... Intresting:hihi:

cya,

matteus

gjg
June 27th, 2004, 10:38
I have been thinking about buying the V10 TDI Touareg but I went to some various forums and saw lots of problems with the vehicle not the V10 mainly but just the vehicle in general. For example clubtouareg.com has a section dedicated to bugs and problems. This kind of scares me.

scared me too - after convincing my wife that her A4q replacement should be towrag and not ML55 .... went ower some forums and later talked to our dealer .... we decided to wait to 2005. Maybe A6 3.0 TDI will be in available in US ...

What is interesting is the fact that Cayene comes off the exactly same production line, same people, same factory, and this level of problems is not even remotely there.

Looks like VW is cutting few corners on materials and their QC on supply line is far from industry standard - some of the problem threads on T-reg and VWOA responses are straight out ridiculous (double vision windshields and similar rear view mirros problems meet "all VW standards"), numerous electrical problems and the list goes on ..... weeks and weeks of waiting for replacement parts and what is even more scary is the level of incompetence, ignorance and lack of support between some dealers and VWOA customer care staff.

Technical problems can be resolved over relatively short period of time, pisspoor attitude, lack of customer service and dealer support, which IMHO have not changed in US branches during last 20+ years, will take some time - looking at the service alone one should seriously think where to spend money next time.