PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans

Audihead
June 4th, 2004, 16:43
Anyone from the boards going to France for the race? Does anyone have any thoughts or facts they would like to share about the race? The 24 is a pretty special race, no? Audi usually does well at these things, at least for the past few years.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Audihead
June 4th, 2004, 23:23
I can't believe noone is interested in talking about Le Mans.

Erik
June 7th, 2004, 09:38
I am. But I had no time. :D

I visited LeMans in 1988 and wanted to go back ever since.

But it's always "next year."

Klint
June 12th, 2004, 16:37
"It's a GO GO GO!!!"

Car #5 is suffering from problems already, but the British TV coverage of the event is not one to be proud of. :eye:

Benman
June 14th, 2004, 16:05
Congratulations to Team Goh!!!:cheers:

The first time a Japanese driver has won since 94! And i think the first time a Japanese company has won the Le Mans since Mazda did it with their rotory powered Beast! Congrats again to team Goh. They have brought honor to The Land Of The Rising Sun!:applause:

Ben:addict: And to Kristenson. An amazing accomplishment!:cheers:

oswald
June 16th, 2004, 02:03
LeMans was fun. Audi won - of course.... but what was the most interesting car for me was the Lola with diesel.

Too bad it dropped out due to the massive amount of torque beating the sh*t out of the clutch.

This is a sign - I'm sure we're gonna see more and more diesels in endurance races....

Benman
June 16th, 2004, 15:44
Originally posted by oswald
a sign - I'm sure we're gonna see more and more diesels in endurance races....

You may be right. There are rumors (but only rumors) that Audi is cosidering a diesel for their successor to the R8.