PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the British Motorshow 2004

Klint
June 4th, 2004, 00:40
Hey,

Got back earlier this evening form the British motorshow...great show it was, spent nearly most of my time around the Porsche stand and made use of the backstage passes we were given by Porsche.

Here's some pictures of the event:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286668101

Audi's stand was rather boring, had six new A6s, only difference between them was the engine specs, all also were in a 'dolphin grey' shade so I didn't bother taking any pics, but I only just realised from a thread of Erik's, in the 'VAG Top-Of-The-Line' section of rs6.com, that the front lip of one of the A6s was different to the others, and in matter a fact it was the S-Line A6 which I now wish I got pics of.

Speaking of the new A6, inside and out it looks alot better than what pictures suggest....I reccommend you go check one out at your nearest dealer. :thumb:

Strangly enough, BMW and Mercedes didn't attend the show, dissapointing since the UK is one of their main markets, we all should vetoe BMW and Mercedes and buy Volvos for not supporting the strugling British Motorshow. I was looking forward to checking out AMG's current line of cars.

Now, we just can't decide between the DB9 (Manual, when it comes out) and the Turbo S....Any ideas? Iwas trying to push for a GT2 but it was a no-go...Porsche GB also didn't like the questioning about the durability of the PCCB brakes, they kept being 'hush hush' but eventually came out with an excuse along the lines of....

Porsche GB
We had a day where both owners of Porsche's equipped with the PCCB system and our own engineers attended a track meet, where the owners went out and found the brakes were not doing what it says on the tin, so Porsche's engineers went out with them and found out that the drivers were over using the brakes when they weren't required

For me that's a rather dissatisfactory excuse...Cast your own opinions on that one.

Anyway, that's it for now... :thumb: