PDA

View Full Version : A future RS6 owner in MA

jde
June 3rd, 2004, 16:05
I am close to buying a used RS6 from a close friend of mine. He is the original owner and has taken great care of the car.

Can you give me any advice or point me to web sites that chronicle what to look out for in buying a used RS6, recalls, or any other suggestions?

Any good dealers in MA?

Thanks

Erik
June 3rd, 2004, 16:13
Hi jde and welcome to RS6.com.

There is a lot of information in this site - use the search function if you are looking for specific things.

I have yet to see a buyer's guide for the RS6, it's too new.

nene
June 3rd, 2004, 17:18
I think the car is still too new to find any used-car manual sort of thing.

How many miles? Make sure they have service records ... I guess? Usually that way you can find any issues that were brought up to the dealership and looked at.

Why is your friend getting rid of it? That might give you some idea whether it's financial, taste, or mechanical issues.

Each service interval is so extensive on the stuff they're suppose to look for. One example is the 15K mile service. Audi is setting aside 3.5 hours to check everything, and there is a list. So if Audi is paying that much in labor, hopefully the actual technician will do the work. If anything is wrong, it's possible they will check it then.

calemany
June 4th, 2004, 21:39
Hi, I just bought a 2003 rs6 from a dealer. I agonized about buying a used car but it only had 1900miles and a total of 51/2 years of warranty(31/2 +2 for being used). I looked at meredes and jag and even a porsche gt3 but in the end it was impoassible to beat the overall value of the rs6. If it is in excellent condition you won;t go wrong but have it checked by the dealer or a mechanic prior to the sale. Just one thing, it is a real gas guzzler. I am only getting about 12 miles/ gallon. C.