PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to hardwire valentine one so all the wiring is hidden?

audirs6sport
June 2nd, 2004, 05:10
i just got mine yesterday. wondering if anyone knew how to hardwire it and hide away all the wirings. a nice step by step how to would be nice. =) :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :D

nene
June 2nd, 2004, 06:25
You wanted it step-by-step! (http://www.coe.neu.edu/~nelson/v1.html)

minimme
June 2nd, 2004, 06:49
I just had the SRX installed with now showing wires. The main unit is hidden in the ashtray and the remote mute is on the console. It works great and you get laser shifting. (Price for the SRX is advertised at $1500, but they are actually sold for $700-$800).

Aronis
June 2nd, 2004, 15:07
Ouch, that's too invasive, asking for trouble....

You can run the wire up the a-pilller and across the front of the headliner without removing a piece of the car.

As far as power, that bolt is a great spot, but again, taking off anything that will create a rattle or damage, I did the lazy approach and plugged into the fuse box directly (I know it's lazy).

The trick on the wire at the A piller is to strip the outer insulation from the wire bundle. It's a standard phone wire so the conductors have their individual insulation. Once the outside jacket is removed you can slide the wires inbetween the window and the a piller with a credit card. The wire with insulation fits fine allong the front edge of the head liner.

I do like the idea of the console thing at the dash board! Mine has a wire slightly showing, but access to the buttons is good.

I saw another install where they taped into the case for the remote module and put a button on the back of the directional arm.

Mike