PDA

View Full Version : BMW Boss admits "Our new design was wrong"

Hawk
May 31st, 2004, 09:51
http://members.roadfly.org/ar67duetto/PankeTopGear604p74.jpg

djinn
May 31st, 2004, 16:13
I was wondering when would they realize it. Soon they will realize that the new Bmw 5-series is a mistake too.:hihi:

Klint
May 31st, 2004, 17:08
Hilarious... :D

Will Audi be next with their gaping maw style grills and MMI? :hihi:

Erik
May 31st, 2004, 17:35
Read the article and what they really are saying.

The design was correct. But they could have communicated with the customers better and told what the hell they were doing. :p
Would anyone have understood anyway? :confused:

Klint
May 31st, 2004, 17:50
Originally posted by Erik
Read the article and what they really are saying.

The design was correct. But they could have communicated with the customers better and told what the hell they were doing. :p
Would anyone have understood anyway? :confused:

I understood what BMW/fortune magazine were saying about the designs.:)

Here's a point though, Fortune magazine is a business oriented and the potential customers couldn't give two craps about "communication channels within the business (BMW)" as to why they have chosen the path they took, because the potantial customers vote with their wallets.

No matter what shit excuse BMW comes out with as to why they took the route they wanted (Anyway, wasn't the route they wanted go along the lines of "To attract new customers to BMW"?) the market goes elsewhere with their money.

Excuses are for people/business' who've failed.....

Nordschleife
May 31st, 2004, 18:03
Originally posted by Klint
I understood what BMW/fortune magazine were saying about the designs.:)

Here's a point though, Fortune magazine is a business oriented and the potential customers couldn't give two craps about "communication channels within the business (BMW)" as to why they have chosen the path they took, because the potantial customers vote with their wallets.

No matter what shit excuse BMW comes out with as to why they took the route they wanted (Anyway, wasn't the route they wanted go along the lines of "To attract new customers to BMW"?) the market goes elsewhere with their money.

Excuses are for people/business' who've failed.....

Klint

You could not be more wrong.

Business people read magazines like Fortune for several reasond, one of the most important - to discover how successful companies run such matters as "communication channels within the business".

BMW is one of the world's most valuable Brands - everything to do with how the company runs its business and develops that brand is of interest to business people.

Communication channels within the business are vitally important, once you have grown beyond the garden shed - without a good understanding of this and a zillion other matters, no business will grow much beyond that shed.

R+C

Klint
May 31st, 2004, 18:08
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Klint

You could not be more wrong.

Business people read magazines like Fortune for several reasond, one of the most important - to discover how successful companies run such matters as "communication channels within the business".

BMW is one of the world's most valuable Brands - everything to do with how the company runs its business and develops that brand is of interest to business people.

Communication channels within the business are vitally important, once you have grown beyond the garden shed - without a good understanding of this and a zillion other matters, no business will grow much beyond that shed.

R+C

Nordschleife,

Very true my friend, kudos for having such a good understanding of the 'fiasco'.

I was speaking from a customer's perspective and a customers perspective only. Otherwise, you've hit the nail on the head.

C.K