PDA

View Full Version : MTM 500 plus hp finally....

keo
May 30th, 2004, 07:00
Guys,

As post on the thread earlier, finally have test drive over my beast with MTM package (quad pipe, chip on both engine & trans, fuel regulator, air filter). After driving it for a week, I just love it more and more. The acceleration respose is so much better. For instance, before it being upgrade (stock) I always felt the RS6 has the power but hard to release it by just step on the accelerator. This feeling can be describe as my own term of turbo lag or so. It like you have to wait for a second before the power push out from the car. (not a good explainer, so bare with me if you guys don't understand). Before my car being upgrade, I feel the car gets it most power when the accelerator is being held at 50%. The more rapid you step on the car the harder to release the power you expect. Anyway, get back to the topic.

Now the car is perfect, it feel more like the supercharge car like an e55, response better at start. Especially the mid-range, from 100km-200km, each gear change you can feel the torque. One word, scary is how to describe it. It is so smooth that it does not feel any different like it was in stock. I am happy with this upgrade package. I will update with picture of my car this week. Hopefully, knowing how to put on the forum.

:rs6kiss:

Aronis
May 30th, 2004, 15:14
Sounds nice,

How much was the package?

Does MTM stand behind their product???

Mike

7:53 RS6
May 30th, 2004, 15:15
Whats the price for that MTM pack over there?

7:53 RS6
May 30th, 2004, 15:17
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
Whats the price for that MTM pack over there?

Ops.. Aronis post did not show when i wrote mine.

TaTaPiRaTa
May 30th, 2004, 16:54
Very Nice Keo!

Please tell us if the upgrade degrade the "traffic jam" type of slow driving, I mean if you are in slow traffic isn't the Beast too fast and you jump instead of slow driving and stopping? Are you able to gently move forward from stop anymore?

thx

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

keo
May 31st, 2004, 00:32
The cost for this upgrade is not cheap. Somewhere around US$12,000.00 (I forgot this upgrade also include the bimota rim). I did many studies before choosing MTM for this mod. The shop told me from their experience and recommand me to use MTM for better performance and reliable issue.

keo
May 31st, 2004, 00:49
T.T.P.R.T,

Funny thing this is the first thing I feel the different after the mod. Did you have that experience as well? I do feel a little more attention need to be aware on slow driving. The car just wants to go. On regular driving is acceptable. But when it on mountain road it is much difficult to keep in a normal pace driving style. i.e. I usually always drive in D mode. Going around the mountain uphill you will notice that the car trying to locate the right gear selection. This you will find very uncomfortable driving slow on the mountain road. But once you use the paddle or S mode, the problem is solve. But than you just have to pass anything that in front of you, the car just wants speed.

Chuangs4
May 31st, 2004, 01:59
Good to hear that Keo!

Now I think you have the fatest beast in TW now....

If you would like to run with VATH or MKB E55, I think I can work it out!

:addict:

nene
June 1st, 2004, 15:11
Good stuff Keo.
I think MTM has always been known for their low end torque. I had MTM on the S4, and loved it.