PDA

View Full Version : Poll US OnStar Redlighters

sturs6
May 25th, 2004, 19:01
This is a thread for US RS6 owners to find out a total number of OnStar Red Light issues. I am meeting with a German Audi Tech tomorrow so I would like to bring a number even if it is an estimated number.
Thanks,
-Stuart:addict:
P.S. If yes do like Icon did and tell us how many time it has happened.
I am on number 5.

iconcls
May 25th, 2004, 19:27
5 tries at fixing and always goes red

JAXRS6
May 26th, 2004, 00:15
5 failures for me, too. Fixed 4 times, has failed again = 5. Back-up battery replaced at least twice.

Hope you'll take the longer "Onstar red light" thread, too, to show to the AOA tech, since this one barely has had time to get started.

Someone at AOA needs to recognize NOW that this is a widespread problem, and they need to get it fixed soon because they are WAY behind the curve in recognizing it as a widespread problem. Even if means a humiliating act for a German automaker, such as picking up the phone to call GM.:D

Bauer
May 26th, 2004, 00:49
Failed once, fixed, failed again...now always red and I don't really care as the green is way to bright.:D

eph94
May 26th, 2004, 01:04
I haven't bothered to fix it since I already know the "fix" won't take. I don't want to waste my time.

sturs6
May 26th, 2004, 02:24
I just printed out the 37 page thread. :cry: :vgrumpy:

sprint Blue
May 26th, 2004, 03:31
Third time I'm red and third trip back to the dealer :vgrumpy:

rs6w
May 26th, 2004, 05:48
Have only had one failure so far. Fixed and hasn't re-occured.

I'll keep everyone posted. Also I'll let you all know if the A8L has problems with it too.

RS6FEVR
May 26th, 2004, 17:29
:cheers: all
Just posted "yes". I've just had the beast in for front seat motor replacement (was working, albeit, quite loudly so they replaced the motor) and to have red light issue looked at, again. From previous posts, I've had 5 issues also. Have had complete unit replaced once and backup battery replaced twice, reset, three times, two different dealerships. I don't have the current complete repair info on the system yet, but do know they have given me a 2nd brand new system. I also know that Motorola was involved in this service repair, but again, don't know all the details yet. As soon as I have additional information of any value, I'll post it. The Service Tech for RS6 at Schaumburg Audi doesn't understand all these failures. He hasn't had any similar experiences with any of the A6's or A8's they've sold and service which makes this condition totally perplexing to him and the dealership. They have treated me very well nonetheless.
Still love this car
:addict: FEVR :addict:

nene
May 26th, 2004, 19:05
Been seeing red for over 6 months, and happy!!!