PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be playing some Tennis this summer?

Klint
May 25th, 2004, 17:38
Hey,

Anyone into Tennis?

Got any reccomendations for Tennis equipment, including some comfy Tennis shoes, Rachet, Balls and misc. ?

Just waiting for my ankle to recover from some recent damage then I'll be back on the courts....:D

steve
May 26th, 2004, 10:17
I've played tennis for about 8-9 years and got up to a descent competition level... but then I discovered golf so I stopped playing tennis.
Would love to play some tennis again though:D

As for the equipment, I've always played with Wilson or Head, great material!

Greetings,

Steve

Phinnbill
May 26th, 2004, 18:56
Check www.tennis.com and www.tenniswarehouse.com for reviews of racquets, shoes, strings, etc. It is tough to recommend anything without knowing more about you (e.g., for shoes is your arch normal, high, or flat? Is the ball of your foot narrow or wide?). Read the reviews and then go to a tennis store (or your local club) and try some racquets. If you have a local club then the pro can usually help point you in the right direction. Tennis balls are easy - Sports Authority (or similar chain) is always running a sale on Wilson, Penn, or Dunlop regular (for inside) or heavy duty (for outside) balls. Good price is 2 bucks a can. Hope this helps. Any further info needed just let me know.

Klint
May 28th, 2004, 03:06
PhinnBill,

Thanks for suggesting those useful resources (links), one thing I didn't know was how specific the equipment is to each individual tennis player.

Such as the types of footwear! The kind of stuff on the tennis.com website, I've never come across before - I take it these folks are seriously serious about the sport. :bigeyes:

Can't wait to get back into the game... :D