PDA

View Full Version : speaking of chillin'...

half-sick
May 25th, 2004, 13:52
I swear, the A/C in my car just doesn't do it. I've read and re-read the manual about getting a cool interior air flow and it just doesn't come. Tell me that this car is capable of "bringing the cool," and that there must be something wrong with mine. Only got 1800 miles on it. And I'm not talking about speeding at 120; this is just normal driving here...

Thanks for your insights.

Aronis
May 25th, 2004, 13:58
oh, sorry to hear that. This will be my first summer with the RS6, I hope the ac is up to snuff...

Keep us posted on this problem...

Mike

bilbozilla
May 25th, 2004, 16:17
I have just the opposite problem - I cannot get the heat in my car to work. It always blows cold air unless I turn it off completely. With the outside temp gauges giving spurios numbers and the inside climate control providing no temperature based on displayed #s, the only variable numbers that make any sense at all are the MPH and RPMs. I hope.

rs6_newyork
May 25th, 2004, 17:14
my ac works ok so far.

with engine running, does the exposed ac compresser silver tubing feel quite cold to touch?

Aronis
May 25th, 2004, 17:15
Originally posted by rs6_newyork
my ac works ok so far.

with engine running, does the exposed ac compresser silver tubing feel quite cold to touch?

Excellent question...start diagnosing it yourself. This can save you some grief if you can pinpoint the problem before going into the dealer!

Mike

half-sick
May 25th, 2004, 18:46
I'll let you know next week. I'm going for a 1000 mile trip starting tomorrow. First chance to stretch her legs. I am looking forward to it.

half-sick
June 25th, 2004, 21:11
brought into the shop this morning. Dealer purged and recharged the system, now believes the expansion valve is faulty. They're letting me keep the rental car over the weekend for free. More updates later.

half-sick
June 29th, 2004, 16:51
anyway, problem solved. The coolant level as delivered was too low. I don't understand why they told me otherwise last week. Not a good sign for Princeton Audi.