PDA

View Full Version : sharks fin replacement?

rs6_newyork
May 25th, 2004, 01:44
Does anyone know if something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2479428055&category=33639

would be a plug-compatible replacement for the "fin"? In particular, the USA fin probably has to handle onstar as well as nav and radio - so are there any alternatives to it?

the one with chrome highlight would match the RS6 chrome quite nicely.

nene
May 25th, 2004, 07:51
It seems to be more of a personal preference I think.
If you look at 2002 A6 models, they came with the 'stub' fin antenna.

SpinEcho
May 26th, 2004, 20:06
My 2004 RS6 came with a black plastic 'stubby' antenna, not a shark fin. Maybe this antenna can be ordered through Canadian Audi dealers? :confused: It would probably cost an arm and a leg, though...

Aronis
May 26th, 2004, 21:32
Originally posted by SpinEcho
My 2004 RS6 came with a black plastic 'stubby' antenna, not a shark fin. Maybe this antenna can be ordered through Canadian Audi dealers? :confused: It would probably cost an arm and a leg, though...

Are you in Canada?

No Sat Radio in Canada, so probably a different setup..

2004????or 2003??

Mike

SpinEcho
May 26th, 2004, 22:13
Yes, I'm in Canada, so it's a 2004 model. You are correct about no satellite radio, so as you say, perhaps this is why I didn't get a shark fin.

nene
May 26th, 2004, 22:33
Shark Fin is so beautiful. I remember in a past thread where someone actually painted shark's teeth onto the fin. You can go with something like that to spice things up instead!

Aronis
May 26th, 2004, 22:43
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Yes, I'm in Canada, so it's a 2004 model. You are correct about no satellite radio, so as you say, perhaps this is why I didn't get a shark fin.

By the way, of course the Sat Radio works in Canada...it is very nice, so consider getting an after market setup, and have a friend in the states add your equip on so you can have that reception too...

Mike