PDA

View Full Version : De-Ring the RS6

nene
May 24th, 2004, 20:46
This weekend I was washing the car (including engine bay), and noticed my front grill cracked/broken. It's still holding in place, but it's cracked atop the four Audi rings, from one end to the other. I was pretty bummed out, and I need to order a new grill.

I have no idea how it got all cracked like that. But that got me thinking. What would the front of the car look like, if there were no rings in sight?
Well, needless to say, I got my now mediocre cut-n-pastin' skilz out, and went to work. Here's a 5 minute job of the RS6 front with no rings!!!

http://www.coe.neu.edu/~nelson/rs6roolz/NoRingsRS6.jpg

Erik
May 24th, 2004, 20:48
Warning: Ricer! :boring:

Bingocaller
May 24th, 2004, 20:56
I actually like it :eye:

Dont know why though :confused:

Klint
May 24th, 2004, 20:57
Originally posted by Erik
Warning: Ricer! :boring:

I like it! No, seriously I do.

Looks good Nelson, just make sure when you de-badge the rings, take away the RS6 badge too then it'll be pure stealth. :thumb:

nene
May 24th, 2004, 21:04
When you take the rings off, you still have the outline of it on the grill, as mesh does not fill the whole grill.

I'd have to use some of the good mesh from the current cracked grill, and attach it somehow to the new grill. I might have to buy two grills to play with it.

I just need some good glue (clear of course) that will hold the plastic together.

garetjax
May 24th, 2004, 21:35
I think it looks good without the rings... and as Klint had mentioned earlier, de-badging the RS6 designation front and back would be stealthy as hell.

Now, if only a solid aluminum billet grille was available for the RS6 (who knows, it might very well be) that would totally own. Might be too much chrome for a car like this, which is why I suggest going with something like two andonized black aluminum billet grilles to replace the upper and lower plastic grilles in the front of the car.

Anyone with some Photoshop skills (since I lack in that department both skills and program wise) please stand up: I'd really like to see what a RS6 would look like with billeted grilles, chrome colored or otherwise. =)

steve
May 24th, 2004, 21:36
Here's another go at it, With my average photoshop skills I think it worked out pretty OK,... but yeah it makes it a bit ricey:p

http://users.pandora.be/avantus/RS6-front.jpg

greetz,

Steve

gjg
May 24th, 2004, 22:12
how would that look with the black trim instead of aluminum?

BBGT2
May 24th, 2004, 22:13
I too must say that I like it. Ricey maybe but still stealth-worthy I think.

Bajo:addict:

audirs6sport
May 24th, 2004, 22:23
here's sportec's work. i kinda like it but seems some what ricy in a way. :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss:

nene
May 24th, 2004, 22:30
Great work Steve. I wish I had such good p-chop skilz!!!

gnomik007
May 25th, 2004, 00:53
Sportec one wins it for me.

:0:

Erik
May 25th, 2004, 08:01
Sportec wins! :applause:

audirs6sport
May 25th, 2004, 08:13
i think that would look only good on a silver car though. :addict: :addict:

djinn
May 25th, 2004, 17:44
looks more agressive than ever :dance:

BBGT2
May 25th, 2004, 18:19
Sportec wins, I had my 94 UrS4 grill blacked out like that and I think it looks menacing when coming down the road, but she was a black vehicle and it looked nice, my beast is Muegello blue so I will see if anyone does the same before I rip the grill out and get it painted over.

sturs6
May 25th, 2004, 18:59
Originally posted by djinn
I don't know why I've posted the same reply many times. Sorry... :blush:
I took care of it for you...

JKN
May 26th, 2004, 04:27
Anybody seen the RS6 in total stealth mode (front and back rings, rs6 badge and all?).

I like the total black grill with no chrome..

Stupid question.. what does ricey mean? I mean I realize you mean something like cheesy, but what the word allude to? Japan?

Anyway, I'm curious what the car would be like with all logos, corporate identities, model badges, etc removed. The car itself is badass enough to be cool in stealth I think.

just my $0.02

rs6_newyork
May 26th, 2004, 04:36
.. what does ricey mean? I mean I realize you mean something like cheesy, but what the word allude to? Japan?
[/B]

Ricey:

"rice rocket" style. Derogatory name for tricked up civics, or an other highly modded japanese car (or probably soon hyundai as well).

I don't really like it much, a pimp mobile rarely belongs to a pimp, and a civic with a huge wing and a muffler you can put your head inside probably belongs to an american teen. But, the name has stuck anyway.

If you want to see some funny pictures of rice rockets, search ebay motors for "civic HKS" (check 'search description') or some other tuner combination, and sort by descending higher price, then look at some of the ones at the top of the page.

But if you drag against them, you'll lose.

audirs6sport
May 26th, 2004, 09:28
well if ur talking about a modified civic hatches vs stock rs6, possibly. most of them don't even have their own motor. it belongs to another car (crv, integra type r, etc.) but then again, u can always mod ur rs6 to be faster. no doubt about that. no matter how much faster they will be, it's still a freakin jap shit. anyone can get a fast car, but only so many can get a "REAL" car =) :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

steve
May 26th, 2004, 09:34
Yes, and that's the stupid thing about those ricers these days...
They ruin the image of (some) very descent, good old cars.

Like an old Honda CRX, in its days it used to be a fantastic, superb driving machine: great sensation and experience.
But if you now see an old CRX it's ruined with spoilers, exhausts,...
And this is the same for many other cars I think...

Ahh well, times change;) , so I think the glorytimes of those cars are over, now they are just a toy for idiots

JKN
May 26th, 2004, 12:29
I thought that's what you all meant by ricey... I used to own a bunch of motorcycles.. and rice rocket has a similar definition in that world too.. but less about being tricked out .. more about not being classic.

Anyway, I'm still curious, anybody seen a really stealthy rs6 or other audi that was totally devoid of all corporate materials?

djinn
May 26th, 2004, 14:35
I took care of it for you...

thanx sturs6...:)

gnomik007
May 27th, 2004, 02:16
Originally posted by Bajors6
my beast is Muegello blue so I will see if anyone does the same before I rip the grill out and get it painted over.

I think I will be the one :D

sturs6
May 27th, 2004, 13:14
I am looking to go black on the grill and the trim...

Erik
May 27th, 2004, 13:15
Black trim on a muguello blue RS6

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2947&highlight=blue+black+trim

eph94
May 27th, 2004, 13:31
Originally posted by JKN
Anyway, I'm still curious, anybody seen a really stealthy rs6 or other audi that was totally devoid of all corporate materials?

I haven't seen one yet but quite frankly no one knows what the heck an "RS6" is anyway. In fact, when I tell most people that it is an Audi "RS6" it just tends to confuse them. "It's like an A6" is what I have to say to get the look of befuddlement off their faces and then they nod approvingly.

Also, if someone took all the badges off the RS6 including the corporate materials, any enthusiast would still spot it a mile away. You'd also have to get ride of the brushed aluminum side mirrors, the oval exhaust tips (and then modify the rear bumper), change the wheels, and get rid of some of the body trim to really fool us. But why would anyone do THAT?

JKN
May 28th, 2004, 03:42
Naw, I don't think anybody would do that much..

I didn't mean to "fool" the enthusiast. I meant more to just take it back to it's soul... and get rid it of all the markings of what it is.. within reason.

I'm just wondering what it would look like without the rings, I guess. I already debadged and I know most people don't know what an RS6 is, but hey, they know it's unique cause you barely ever see em.

So, I'm just thinking what if you made it a really bad*ss car rather than an audi rs6. I don't mean to commit heresy or anything, and I'm not talking ricey stuff that tricks it out... just toning down the "labels".

The link above to the red audi avant is fairly close... just that it still has the rings.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't have any grudge against audi, it's just that I don't wear polo shirts cause of the polo logo.. just my personal issue maybe).

Veyron
May 28th, 2004, 12:11
How about this one?

Veyron
May 28th, 2004, 12:14
And from behind..

nene
May 28th, 2004, 14:19
I love the Audi brand, that's why I love the car.

Removing the rings was more of a cosmetic mod. To look different I guess. I do like it, and thanks all who have contributed with their photoshop skilz!

Once on my S4, I ordered front bumper lower grills from Canada because they did not have the fog lights. I like fog lights, but it was blocking the air from reaching the intercoolers.

This mod would require quite a bit of an amount of work, and I'm not the best at manufacturing things. I don't agree that it makes the car look ricey. Just a different look.

JKN
June 3rd, 2004, 04:20
I too, like the Audi brand. I wouldn't have said that 10 years ago, but hey, the company has come a long way and do have their cars!

Anyway, as I see the car above that has the rings removed from the front grill, I guess it takes away some of the identity of the car..

Thanks for the pics above of the the avant by the way..

jk