PDA

View Full Version : wiper, washer woes

romac
May 23rd, 2004, 15:12
I'm continually dissapointed with the wiper/washer performance, especially at speed. Seems the fluid is sent with laser beam focus providing little/no distribution. Even more frustrating is when the wipers are on the return sweep, the combination of residual fluid and airflow across the solid wiper arm causes a spattering effect to be left behind the swipe. I was so annoyed/distracted while driving yesterday, that I was caught short by one of those big orange traffic barrels that had blown into my lane (bravo to brembos!).

I dont know what to do about the spatters, but i hope the nozzle could be adjuusted to provide more spray. Any comments??

TIA

JP4
May 23rd, 2004, 15:59
Rain-X will eliminate some of your pain....but not all of it! ;)

Aronis
May 23rd, 2004, 18:09
Sadly I have to agree.

The wiper system in the A6 line is poor...

Too slow of a sweep speed and too much splatter after the return.

And, more importantly, the defogger is just as poor.

The front window defogger is too concentrated in the center of the window and allows the rapid accumulation of ice and snow on windshield, so to keep the window clear in a snow storm you have to keep the thing blasting!

But this is all overshaddowed by the Shear Power of the Twin Turbo V8, the super handling, the great ride, to hell with the windshield splashing and the blasting defogger, I love the car.......

Aaaaahhhhhaaaaaa.. off to the ER to save another life (guy hit a deer, deer is dead, guy is on his way to the ER)

Mike

LOL

:bye:

romac
May 23rd, 2004, 21:44
Unfortunately the Rain-X doesn't help with the current Cicada plague! Those buggers leave a pretty big splat, especially when confronted by a glass windshield propelled by the "shear power" of the beast ;)

Aronis
May 24th, 2004, 14:11
Yuk...

Well I guess that is one blessing living in the frozen north....no Cicada's here....

Mike