PDA

View Full Version : MTM package

keo
May 20th, 2004, 04:48
Hello guys,

I was always enjoy reading the forum rather than posting. But after seeing what those expert is doing to my car I must contribute something here. I have got my RS6 Avant for 3 weeks and the car is now in the shop because the MTM kits has arrive (quad exhaust, fuel regulator, airfilter and modified chip for both engine and the gearbox plus the mtm bimota rim). In my country here usually my experience with the auto shop is to scrap down what need to replace (any new items need to be install) complete and tell the customer to go out and try it yourself and feel the different. But now after seeing this auto shop is doing to my beast I must say every penny is worth it.

This is the first time I experience with MTM products. I say they are very profession in what they are doing. The installation was step by step given by MTM with pictures. I did not know that so much parts was involve in this installation. After I stop by the shop to check hows everything goes on the second day. When I get there on lunch time everyone was in break. I walk into the shop knowing the quad exhaust was laying down at the floor with the old exhaust taking off along side with it (the catalyst has already install on the car). But something that catch my eye is that there are 4 pieces of plastic grile like pad on the floor (2 old one and 2 new one from MTM). Right away I figure out that MTM change this 2 piece of plastic grile to accomodate the quad exhaust system. A technician work beside me and tell me that the oval exhaust diameter is smaller than the quad exhaust. Therefore, MTM provide this 2 plastic grile like one on each side with a bigger diamter on the cut edge. I know I am not a good explainer nor a journalist. I decide to go back to the office and get my digital camera and shot some picture for you guys to see the different. After 3 hours coming back to the shop. I did not expect such a quick installation. The exhaust has already install and they are checking the engine management as for now. (sorry I did not have the chance to take any picture). The manager of the shop came out and told me that he has a complete coverage of my car installation and that he will give me a copy of cd when the beast is done.

Guys, I am not a good writer so please bare with me if you guys don't understand what I am saying. I never experience loading picture on to the forum but I will try when I get the CD. Just want to sharing that enthusiastic car feeling with you guys.

:addict:

7:53 RS6
May 20th, 2004, 08:08
Thanks for sharing, hope to se some pictures son:)

Erik
May 20th, 2004, 11:59
Thanks keo for a great story.

You can e-mail any pics to erikb@rs6.com and I'll make the availabel for everyone.

OR - you could upload your pics in the Gallery.
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/

eph94
May 20th, 2004, 13:05
Sounds great, Keo. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Where in Taiwan are you located? I have spent a lot of time in Taipei and Keelung in the past, and still visit for a month at a time each year to spend time with the in-laws.

You will probably have the fastest car on the island!

:thumb:

nene
May 20th, 2004, 14:00
Great stuff Keo. I hope the shop took pix of the stuff before installation as well, so we can see it.
Your car will be screaming fast!!!

keo
May 21st, 2004, 03:21
JJV-MA, I am in the Taipei area. I move back here from L.A. since 1990. Let me know if you are around.

TaTaPiRaTa
May 22nd, 2004, 09:50
Keo!

I'm looking for same stuff you upgrade now.
What is the fuel regulator needed for and why do you exchange the air filter?

thx

:rs6kiss:

keo
May 22nd, 2004, 12:50
TaTaPiRaTa,

I was just reading your article about the MTM article you post ealier. What I know is MTM provide this package for me. I think it is between stage 2-3(this include everything I mention). They said it should provide somewhere around 520ps. I did not have the chance to ask the technician today since it holiday today. So I will answer your question under my own knowledge. The fuel regulator is use to increase the fuel pressure. When the engine needs more gas at such increase power a constant pressure is need to make sure the engine get the fuel. I saw the fuel regulator. It is just a replacement of existing regulator. From outside you cannot tell the different. It not something like after market fuel regulator. I remember the technician told me the regulator MTM provide has a pressure of 5 bar instead of the current 4 bar. If you need more profession point of view. I will ask the technician on Monday next week. The filter provide by MTM also looks like current one. It says it has better filter material with better flow rate.

:rs6kiss:

GmbHouse
May 24th, 2004, 17:19
Keo - I did an MTM Stage 4 kit on my A6 2.7T (K04 turbos, chip, turbo back dp's and exhaust, RS4 fuel pump and rails, suspension, hoses etc.) and it worked extremely well. Workmanship was great as was the service. All-in-all a well engineered and integrated system.

Chuangs4
May 25th, 2004, 07:35
Hello Keo,

That's so nice to see someone from Taiwan to share his experience in moding RS6 with us. I even don't know there is anybody like you to send the car to MTM for that thing. That sounds crazy to us but now more practical if you can susceed.

I'm so curious about why you won't send your car to the local MTM dealer? Do you hear their bad reputation too? Or you just bought your car in Germany then will ship it back when all mods are completed? If so, how can it pass the strictly car test in ARTC?Since I'm intending to do the same thing like you, please feel free to contact me if you have time.

My e-mail address: chuangcj.tw@yahoo.com.tw

I also live in Taipei city. most of my friends are driving S4/RS4 cars. It must be wonderful if we can meet up someday in the future.

Cheers.

Jimmy

Chuangs4
May 25th, 2004, 07:47
Originally posted by Chuangs4
Hello Keo,

That's so nice to see someone from Taiwan to share his experience in moding RS6 with us. I even don't know there is anybody like you to send the car to MTM for that thing. That sounds crazy to us but now more practical if you can susceed.

I'm so curious about why you won't send your car to the local MTM dealer? Do you hear their bad reputation too? Or you just bought your car in Germany then will ship it back when all mods are completed? If so, how can it pass the strictly car test in ARTC? I was told that two SPORTEC's RS6s are still illegal on road because of not passing that test. Since I'm intending to do the same thing like you, please feel free to contact me if you have time.

My e-mail address: chuangcj.tw@yahoo.com.tw

I also live in Taipei city. Most of my friends here are driving S4/RS4 cars. It must be wonderful if we can meet up someday in the future.

Cheers.

Jimmy

Chuangs4
May 25th, 2004, 08:05
Oh sorry, I think that's my misunderstanding....After reading your post repeatly, I guess you just sent the car to D.sport right?

I have no comments about that but still wish you to have a damn fast beast anyway!

Cheers! :rs6kiss:

Chuangs4
May 25th, 2004, 08:39
Hi Keo,

Just check up this MTM official website: http://www.mtm-online.de/html_en/preisliste.php4?Modell=RS6&FZID=RS6331Q

Now you can realize how many parts you should pay and how much money you can save.

Every customers should have their rights to know what exactly the tuner dose to their cars. It may be wrong to be told that you now get how much horsepower if there's not any Dyno proof available.

;)

keo
May 25th, 2004, 09:32
Hello Chuangs4,

It nice to know someone around the corner is doing the things everyone else is doing. Yes, you are right D.Sport is where I took my car to. The owner is a very close friend of mine. But it is the first time I have him done the modification for me. Because this is the first time I bought an Audi and the shop owner only does VAG auto. Sure, we should get in touch more since we are all in town. If there is any suggestion or command you might have about the local auto shop please feel free to e-mail me keo90274@yahoo.com.

keo
May 25th, 2004, 09:48
Yes, GmbHouse,

The car is complete and I will pick it up today. Let see if the car hold's the quality and reliability like everyone thought it is.

Chuangs4
May 25th, 2004, 09:52
Great Keo!

John is also a good friend of mine. He ever helped me out so much though I seldom visit that shop now....

I believe that if he is your best friend, he will do everything finest for you. Also, he is the only authrorized MTM dealer herein TW.

I'll shoot you an e-mail later. Good to meet you!:thumb: