PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Sport Enhanced Quad Exhaust

nene
May 18th, 2004, 22:18
The other day I came across a 2004 BMW X5 4.4i that had a quad exhaust, with black tips.
Click me for preview of this (http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/x5/11712_1024.jpg)

Since I like the black tips on my RS6, and I sort of like the quad exhaust, it got me thinking. What if you could have that same exhaust on the RS6?
I started looking for black exhaust tips, and have come out empty. I've researched for any exhausts that have black tips, and haven't had much luck either.

I figured even if I could find such an exhaust, I could work with my custom exhaust shop, and make it work on the RS6, even if it was from the last muffler towards the bumper.
The other thing is to get black tips, and cut the oval ones out, and weld it into the current sport enhanced exhaust.

So many ideas, but I'll have to go to the custom exhaust shop, and see what miracles they can work on the current system.

Nonetheless, I put my awful photshop skills to work, and came out with the following pix of my beast with sport enhanced quad exhaust!!!

http://www.coe.neu.edu/~nelson/rs6roolz/sport_quad.jpg

This probably means that I should change my current sig from 'RS6 - Never Follow' to 'RS6 - Never Follow, unless someone has a cool mod' :incar:

krm
May 19th, 2004, 01:34
Hey Nelson, it sure does look quite sporty with some black quad tips.

Perhaps Erik knows of an aftermarket outfit that sources black quad exhausts?

Erik
May 19th, 2004, 07:28
I have yet to see black quads available.

But heat resistant paint should help right...?

Nordschleife
May 19th, 2004, 11:14
Heat resistant paint is NOT a good idea - too hot. A good exhaust shop can produce matt black tips for you. MTM did it for me. You may like to experiment with Ti, the sound is something else
r+c

highrustler
May 19th, 2004, 16:51
You can have any exhaust (or any metal part) ceramic coated exactly like the stock sound enhancing exhaust. Black, silver and other colors are available from HPC (see link below). Ceramic coating is the most durable finish you can put on an exhaust. It prevents bluing or staining and is easily cleaned and maintained. The finish holds up incredibly well with no maintenance and even better if you use the HPC ceramic cleaner/polish. This coating is commonly used on racing headers for better heat dissipation so there are performance benefits as well. I used HPC for my Remus motorcycle exhaust and was VERY pleased with the results. My friend has the same exhaust system and his turned every shade of blue and yellow within a day of installation. Mine is still bright and shiny silver and I’ve yet to clean it! I would pick the quad tip exhaust of your choice and send the mufflers to them for black ceramic coating. It will look as good as your Audi system… probably better! Their website has some good photos and is quite informative... make sure to check out the motorsports section!

http://www.hpcoatings.com/hipercoat.htm

Cheers,
James

I believe HPC does all the black exhaust systems for Harley Davidson.