PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Signature Shots

nene
May 18th, 2004, 08:06
I was playing around with the Audi USA website, and did some simple pix trickery, and got some signature shots out of it.

If anyone is interested, please visit the site below:

HTMS Signature Shots (http://www.coe.neu.edu/~nelson/sigs.html)

Here's a sample...you might want to resize it, but not necessary.

http://www.coe.neu.edu/~nelson/img/052004/sigs/RS6_6.jpg

Aronis
May 18th, 2004, 13:40
now how did you do that?

They block saving images from their site.

Let's have it, out with it, what software did you use! I have tried other sites to get images, but can't....

Mike

Aronis
May 18th, 2004, 15:30
thanks, used it here LOL

nene
May 18th, 2004, 15:33
It's really not too dificult. It might just look like that.
Photoshoping wheels onto a car is difficult.

Good thing about computers is the 'Shift-Print Screen' key combination.
When you press these two keys together, you basically take a snapshot of your desktop screen.

I then open Microsoft Photo Editor, which is just Microsoft Paint that handles GIF/JPEG images, and I do a 'Edit -> Paste as New Image'.

I then use the Select tool to cut around the area that I need. Once that area is hightlighted, I right click on the area and choose 'Copy'. Thing with the Select tool is that it only does square/rectangle cut outs.

I go back to 'Edit -> Paste as New Image'.
Save it as a GIF or JPEG.
And I'm done.

The trick with the shots I took, is that they were part of a Shockwave Flash presentation. I kept playing it over and over again. Once it got to the screen I wanted, I did my 'Shift/Print Screen' trick, and took it from there.

Really not that difficult. Just could not sleep last night, so I started messing around.

Aronis
May 18th, 2004, 16:14
very nice technique I will try it now...thanks

Aronis
May 18th, 2004, 16:15
I want to get a copy of that picture of the engine (out of the car) not the one you have posted but I have seen better images ie not in the dark but very well lit..

Mike

Aronis
May 18th, 2004, 16:17
just tried that with Paint...

I works....

Grrrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaaat

Mike

Klint
May 18th, 2004, 16:43
Mike,

Stop post whoring... :D ;) :hihi:

Nelson,

Thanks man for the new sig! Hope you don't mind that I link the specific picture from your site?

I can easily move it to the rs6.com gallery if need be. :)

nene
May 18th, 2004, 17:04
You can use the URL directly from the site.

Funny thing about the pix though. On the LCD display they don't look as dark. But on the CRT, they seem pretty dark.
I'll probably play with them a bit, and get it a bit less dark. Should not take long.

bilbozilla
May 18th, 2004, 19:40
Nene - You cheater

...I love it. Nice work. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Erik
May 19th, 2004, 07:34
Nice!

There's just one problem.

In my opinion signature like this

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~nelson/img/052004/sigs/RS6_6.jpg

are too big.

vBulleting (forum software) is set not to accept these large signs but it still does.

So please remove manually (Klint). Thank you! :0:

Klint
May 19th, 2004, 13:44
No Problemo, Erik. :0:

Shame...I liked that one.

Weird though, pixel size the pictures are on the big(ger) size, but they're a peice of cake to load, with no delay(s) at all. That's with GPRS/56k connection....ah wells.

Aronis
May 19th, 2004, 14:24
the size of that image file is also related to the color gambit, it's mostly black so it loads faster, since it is a smaller file than if it had more colors in it, I think....

by the way, what is 'post whoring?' Anything like post hole drilling?

:p

Klint
May 19th, 2004, 14:37
Originally posted by Aronis
the size of that image file is also related to the color gambit, it's mostly black so it loads faster, since it is a smaller file than if it had more colors in it, I think....

by the way, what is 'post whoring?' Anything like post hole drilling?

:p

Klint
May 19th, 2004, 14:38
whoring

Klint
May 19th, 2004, 14:39
is this... :hihi:

I got nothing wrong with it myself, of course, look who has 1000+ posts anyway! :D

nene
May 19th, 2004, 14:55
I have not had a chance to play with the files themselves.
I will probably make them a bit smaller, but will have to play with it to make sure the text portion won't get fuzzy.

Aronis
May 19th, 2004, 15:01
It appears that this mix of RS6 drivers and Computer Users has a good selection of Graphics Users with some expertise...

I have noticed some VERY nice pics posted with very high resolution, from digital cameras...my understanding is that you have to have a knack for picking the proper resolution to post a picture.

There is one of the front of an RS6, and you can see the detail in the radiator! sharp as can be....