PDA

View Full Version : reverse drop center

gnomik007
May 17th, 2004, 05:40
Can someone plz explain what exactly reverse drop center mean and how does such rim differ from a normal one?

audirs6sport
May 17th, 2004, 06:34
as far as apperarence goes, reverse drop center would make the lip a nice flat lip with wider diameter of the face, where as the standard configuration has the step lip. however, the reverse drop center would often cause the water from rain to be trapped and cause vibration, until it becomes dried. :addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

note: if u look closely on the inner surface of the wheel along the edge, u will notice that one has flat smooth center (reverse drop center), while the standard configuration would have a step leveling shape.

gnomik007
May 17th, 2004, 12:22
Thanks,I got it.I can't understand why I did not get it myself as I spent long time looking at pics of wheels:doh:

GmbHouse
May 17th, 2004, 17:22
Kinesis has some good pictures of the differences.
http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/forged.htm

gnomik007
May 19th, 2004, 02:36
What do u think would be a better rim,three piece forged or one piece "lightweight" forged?

audirs6sport
May 19th, 2004, 16:21
u want lip or no lip? if u don't care about lip, you're far better off with one piece lightweight forged wheels.:addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: