PDA

View Full Version : BBS CH on Ebony Pearl

highrustler
May 15th, 2004, 18:36
Just finished adding these new goodies...

-Sportec 500hp tune
-Eisenmann Race Exhaust
-BBS CH with Pzero 255/35-19 96Y load tires
-Sans badges

Enjoy,
James

highrustler
May 15th, 2004, 18:40
RS6 #2

Jack
May 16th, 2004, 00:21
James -- Looks great! BTW, how would you compare the ride quality of the car with the 19" wheels vs. the stock setup -- is it a slightly firmer/harsher ride or is it a significantly stiffer ride? Also, did you ever get a chance to weigh the stock wheels? TIA

Erik
May 16th, 2004, 09:18
Enjoying it! Thanks! :0:

7:53 RS6
May 16th, 2004, 09:28
Thats the right choice.:thumb:

Klint
May 16th, 2004, 10:30
James,

That set up is looking rather tastey indeed. :asian:

All the best,

highrustler
May 16th, 2004, 15:09
Jack -

I guess I was so excited to get the wheels on, that I never stopped to think about the ride quality. To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed much difference. Bumps might feel a bit more firm through the suspension, but that's about all I've noticed. I’d have to compare the OEM 18” and BBS back to back to really see.

I did weigh the stock wheels back when I was considering the Sportec 20’s. Unfortunately, I never weighed the BBS combo, though it's probably lighter than OEM. Here's a pic from that post.

James

highrustler
May 16th, 2004, 15:13
Thanks for the compliments guys! The next upgrade will be the Hotchkis sway bars and K&N filters. After that, I hope to be done with the beast. I hope...

Cheers,
James

Aronis
May 17th, 2004, 00:47
nice........

500 hp.....nice....

nyrs6
May 17th, 2004, 03:56
Highhustler How do you like the chip how much power did it add? Do you like the Exhaust? How does it sound.

Soundclips please ;)

highrustler
May 17th, 2004, 18:43
The Sportec tune is composed of both ECU and TCU modifications. Both were done hands on by Gunter of Sportec. He flew in from Switzerland to tune over 20 cars in a one week period. There were several local and out of state RS6 as well as GT2, 911 turbo, A4 and S4. The gain is said to be 512 hp. The car pulls noticeably harder and the shifting is faster. I’m very pleased with the results. That’s all I can tell you regarding power increases as I have not had my car on the dyno yet.

Wicked is the best word I can choose to describe the exhaust sound! I’m getting more head turning from the sound alone than when the car had its badges. It’s louder, throatier and deeper than the sound enhancing system. I’ll try and get a sound clip, though I don’t really have a good way of doing this. A sound clip will tell only part of the story. You need to hear inside the cabin going through the gears to redline.

James

nene
May 17th, 2004, 19:04
Really nice setup. If I'm ever going to be close to Montana, I'll surely let you know, so you can take me out for a drive.
Good choice.

garetjax
May 17th, 2004, 19:16
Sweetness, a fellow Montanian... where in Montana are you from Highrustler? I'm about 30 minutes south of Missoula, between there and Hamilton myself. =)

highrustler
May 18th, 2004, 01:03
I actually live in Colorado now.

James

sturs6
May 21st, 2004, 03:03
Nice James,
They look sharp!!!:thumb:
Don't you just love them. I have been out of town for a week and have not beeen able to enjoy mine.