PDA

View Full Version : RS6+ springs

audirs6sport
May 15th, 2004, 12:29
do any of u guys know if it's possible to direct swap with the rs6+ springs to lower the height of the us spec rs6? and also where i can get them? price? or any other suggestions? :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :addict: :addict:

danham
May 16th, 2004, 11:33
hi,

this are the same like in the quattro-suspension-kit of normal rs6!

greetz
daniel

audirs6sport
May 17th, 2004, 00:23
hmm so how did they lower 10mm on the rs6+?

nyrs6
May 17th, 2004, 03:58
I am not shure but in some magazines i have seen an advertisement showing the Champion RS6 and Eibach. So i am guessing Eibachs is what they used.

audirs6sport
May 17th, 2004, 06:39
btw u shouldn't get front and rear sway bar, that is a big "no no"
to help the understeer on awd, you stiffen up the rear and get a camber kit in the front. so when ur car's in turning motion, and the body begins to tilt, the front tires surface would be flat on the pavement. but this wears ur tires unevenly.
:addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

gnomik007
May 17th, 2004, 12:17
Originally posted by audirs6sport
btw u shouldn't get front and rear sway bar, that is a big "no no"
to help the understeer on awd, you stiffen up the rear and get a camber kit in the front. so when ur car's in turning motion, and the body begins to tilt, the front tires surface would be flat on the pavement. but this wears ur tires unevenly.
:addict: :addict: :addict: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

What exactly is a camber kit?

Bauer
May 17th, 2004, 17:13
I have not heard of any camber kits for the RS6. I would guess it would have to be custom made and I don't know how it would work with the DRC. My S4 had adjustable camber plates on the front and it really helped set the car up right for different types of driving.

Camber plates allow you to adjust the angles at which the tires make contact with the ground.

Nordschleife
May 17th, 2004, 17:41
MTM have a camber kit

R+C

nene
May 17th, 2004, 19:12
Originally posted by gnomik007
What exactly is a camber kit?

The best way to describe it to look at most BMWs, if not all of them.
You look at the front wheels, and they are perpendicular with the ground. If you look at the rear tires, you will see that it's at an angle. To have it at an angle, you need a camber kit.