PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Drivers are the happiest

itisme
May 13th, 2004, 18:32
... just as you can see on the following pictures :D..

(for those who can`t see it, he`s doing this: :thumb: )

http://www.pixum.de/int/img.php?u=robbinagel&t=2&i3=iwqaa833qwaqw1q311irhc3pjhyiw1we&ts=12551&np=1
http://www.pixum.de/int/img.php?u=robbinagel&t=2&i3=up38yewhuyiihipey2y3j2uapruwcuee&ts=12551&np=1
http://www.pixum.de/int/img.php?u=robbinagel&t=2&i3=hajc31wcqryjy1uiwecicp8wa2ujhi1h&ts=12551&np=1

(btw. nice open 3 way autobahn :wo: :addict: )

z356
May 14th, 2004, 01:32
Had pleasure of driving up to 140 miles per hour last month on the Autobahn when I picked up my BMW 745i Sport in Munich. Driving legally at those speeds (and higher, I was still under break-in considerations) would make most people happy, even those on supercharged Yugos! I still got a 90 Euro ticket for failing to slow down to 120 KPH in a restricted zone. It was a radar speed trap set up by the German Polizei and I had over 20 fellow "speeders" lined up with me waiting to get their fines written up and paid. By the way, it was pay cash on the spot. I ask about credit cards and they said no. I wonder what would have happened if we did not have the money on us. Smiling bunch of very young policemen although armed with military type sub-machine guns in full "ready" position.

Erik
May 14th, 2004, 11:09
Originally posted by z356
By the way, it was pay cash on the spot. I ask about credit cards and they said no. I wonder what would have happened if we did not have the money on us.

Probably the same thing that happened to me when I speeded in Georgia 10 years ago. I played stoopid Swedish dunno english and within 30 minutes I was on the wrong side of the bars at the Sheriffs' dept. My english improved ;) and I was able to tell them that they could take 120 USD from my wallet.
They had a big sign on the wall saying "This is not Burger King. You will not have it your way!"

Seriously, they could confiscate your car and I guess that would be a real kick in your butt to get some money available.

On the Autobahn I recommend you enjoy yourself as much as you can, in a safe manner of course and within your limits.
But when you reach limited zones and construction areas slow down and respect the speed limit - and the distance to the car in front of you (always!)

Back to topic - yes, that RS6 driver looked happy and he should be!

Is that a Nürburgring sticker on the back of the car?

:rs6kiss:

gjg
May 14th, 2004, 14:58
By the way, it was pay cash on the spot. I ask about credit cards and they said no. I wonder what would have happened if we did not have the money on us

I was in a car (not driving though) in Austria where the Austrian policeman determined (with his calibrated eyes) that we were speeding and - since we have no local currency and he would not take anything else - he offered us a deal:

- he'll take a car, we get money, pay and get the car back (of course you walk from there too)

- he will take a car radio in lieu of cash

- alternatively he will take a spare tire instead of the radio ....

talking about communists ...

:vgrumpy: