PDA

View Full Version : Lowest Price for New RS6

peebs
May 13th, 2004, 15:25
I'm trying to figure out if anyone has paid under $73k for a brand new RS6? I've been researching for months now and the prices just keep falling. The used prices are starting to drop also. I saw a used blue with 943 miles go for $69k at auction and another sold on Ebay for $65,000 that had about 10k miles and another is being sold online for about $67 with 5k miles. I've gotten quotes as low as $73,000 for a new one, but I'm wondering if they're being discounted even further.

rs6_newyork
May 13th, 2004, 15:40
with or without options?
carbon, summer pack, nav, SE exhaust
add like 6k to the MSRP, so add at least 4k to discounted prices.

peebs
May 13th, 2004, 15:50
The quote I got for $73 was with carbon fiber, exhaust, and nav. I got a quote for $73,500 fully loaded.

rs6_newyork
May 13th, 2004, 15:56
well you're doing a couple of K better than me .. so a no options example should be obtainable for 70k even .. although you might find the color of the car is black.

z356
May 13th, 2004, 18:03
Dealer invoice on your car is $78,666 to the penny, including an Audi $135 prep & insp dealers are forced to pay. The Audi trunk money (rebate) is $6,000. If your dealers sells it at Zero profit the lowest price they can go now is $72,666. Personally, I will choose always to leave some small but fair profit for dealer. I am a refugee from a Communist state so I strongly believe in the capitalist system. You are getting a deal at $1000 over your dealer's cost. I would not wait further since it is doubtful Audi will increase trunk money. Instead, they just have to make these trunk money deals better known (like in these forums or Autospies) and remaining RS6s will move out the lot. Problem for you if you wait much longer is that as they sell-out, your selection of colors & options will diminish, and price might go back up if only a few brand new are left in the country. You know how fickle dealers are sometimes. Good luck.

peebs
May 13th, 2004, 18:30
Nice post 356...well informed. You might be right. On the flip side, you might start to see used RS6 values drop dramatically once it becomes well known that a new car can be purchased for $15-$16k below invoice. The lowered cost on the used car side should serve to stabalize the remaining new car cost...why pay $10k more for a new car when you can pocket that for a car with 5k miles. Time will tell. Capitalism isn't in danger...these dealers don't make their profit on new car sales. The service is their cash cow and the mark-up on their used cars doesn't hurt either. Factor in that they've already redesigned the new A6, few dealers know how to service the RS6, they're all last year's model year, and the car just isn't selling the way Audi had hoped...and I don't mind helping the dealer save his interest money to keep it on the lot while I walk away at dealer cost. Call me a communist!!

z356
May 13th, 2004, 21:39
You mean $15 under MSRP, not invoice. Max now under invoice is $6k. I place an enormous value on being first owner since you really don't know how a used car (especially a beasty RS6) has been treated from the beginning by its first owners. The other great benefit of brand new over used right now is that your full 4 year/50K miles warranty will start from date of purchase. In a complicated car of this type, being under warranty for the full term of your ownership is very important. If you loose 9 to 12 months of warranty buying used, that will matter later. I would have had to save over $15K/$20K below my under invoice purchase cost last week before I would have considered a used RS6...and that is not where the used market is right now. However, once the new cars are gone, the used RS6 market will not have "memory" of the new car deals ($6K trunk) so some equilibrium will return. $65K low mileage RS6s will seem like a good deal for a while. My dos centavos.

nene
May 13th, 2004, 21:43
Sounds to me that the quote you are getting from dealer is pretty darn good.

I would not go with the prices of the cars sold online or on eBay. It is believed that those are scams, or the same car sold over and over again, but never reaches an actual buyer's hand.

peebs
May 13th, 2004, 22:52
You're right 356...I meant below MSRP, not invoice. Best deal I've gotten so far is about $7k under invoice. Deals are out there boys...you just have to find them. If anyone is seriously interested in purchasing...drop me an email and I'll give you details on my 5 months of pricing and financing research.

nyrs6
May 14th, 2004, 16:18
Originally posted by peebs
I'm trying to figure out if anyone has paid under $73k for a brand new RS6? I've been researching for months now and the prices just keep falling. The used prices are starting to drop also. I saw a used blue with 943 miles go for $69k at auction and another sold on Ebay for $65,000 that had about 10k miles and another is being sold online for about $67 with 5k miles. I've gotten quotes as low as $73,000 for a new one, but I'm wondering if they're being discounted even further.

The one on Ebay was a scam. And the othe ones you said were listed, who says it was bought?

griff
May 14th, 2004, 18:00
It had 4000K miles and the waranty date starts from my purchase.

peebs
May 14th, 2004, 23:56
NYrs6...not only do I know the one at auction sold for $69,000 with 943 miles on it, I know who bought it...so it's legit. The seller, for any of you interested in taking a look, is Luxury Motors out of the Chicago area. They are selling it for $74,500...not a bad markup. If you go on www.cars.com and do a nationwide search for RS6 you'll see the one with 943 miles on it. It's blue and was purchased at Manheim auto auction in PA about 2 weeks ago. You may be right about the one on Ebay...haven't looked into it.

z356
May 15th, 2004, 02:01
Peebs- This is very interesting information about the blue RS6 bought at auction by a dealer just recently. This should give us some comfort. Me, because I just bought a brand new one for about $5K more than this used one that went at auction for $69K. Mine had 39 delivery miles, full warranty as of purchase date and my choice of colors & options. It is interesting that Luxury thinks it can sell their used blue RS6 at a high enough markup (even if they come down a bit from $74+)) to make it worth their troubles (including transport to Chicago). As a consumer, I would rather pay a few thousands more and get a brand new one with full 4 year warranty and put it through a careful break-in period as recommended by the factory. I am pulling for Luxury! I hope they continue to buy used RS6s at auctions at these price levels! If your $7k under invoice offer still stands, some dealer is taking a $1,000 hit, not counting his flooring costs for the period he held the car in inventory. I would grab it. Again, my two cents. Good luck.

rs6_newyork
May 15th, 2004, 04:19
In the name of sharing info, here is another tidbit:

thanks for the e-mail... We sold the Blue car to a gentleman in Phoenix, and
it brought 81300.... I have one car left in stock, and it is Black over
Silver... the only option that it has is Carbon Fiber... I could sell this
one for around 77k. If you are getting 75k for a rather loaded car... you
are doing rather good.

Given when I have on prices in north east (very low 70s), I think there are regional differences with the 50(?) cars or so left around the country.

So much for the internet creating an efficient market place.

nevertheless, if I was a dealer buying new examples at 69k, I'd be sweating a little.

z356
May 15th, 2004, 07:54
In my opinion, forums such as this and nationwide internet postings on Cars.com and AutoTrader.com are going a long way in creating a more efficient market for us the consumers. Two things are going on right now which might appear to cause this inbalance we see in different areas of the country. We really don't know 100% yet if Audi has made this $6000 rebate available to all of its RS6 dealers still with inventory. It could be that it is limited to those that took the chance and accepted from Audi the late cars it "over-produced" past its original 800+. In my search out West, I came across many dealer staff that had no idea of any Audi rebate on the RS6, although it is known that program started in April. Either management did not inform them (a good possibility) or they did not qualify. As a result, all of these guys were always quoting over invoice and thus uncompetitive. The second problem is the general ignorance of the buying public. In our market system, those who do not do the research beforehand will not get best price. Case in point is the gentleman from Phoenix who just paid in the past few days $81.3K for an RS6. Eventually, they will be educated and not repeat that mistake. We are not yet in a totally efficient national market but we are a lot closer to it due to internet forums such as this and the sharing of this type of information by it's members.