PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ordered an RS6 Plus?

Erik
May 12th, 2004, 23:51
If anyone here ordered an RS6 Plus yet - please let us know!

:rs6kiss:

nene
May 13th, 2004, 01:18
I did, I did...then I woke up!

:wo:

gnomik007
May 13th, 2004, 01:54
Originally posted by nene
I did, I did...then I woke up!

:wo:

:thumb:

TheBrit
May 13th, 2004, 10:12
You ought to try and tempt "Insurance Jon" over from ts.net or rs246, last I heard form him, he'd just ordered a plus. Apparently the UK allocation of some 62 units is about all spoken for already.

highrustler
May 13th, 2004, 17:48
If I could import a + to the states, I'd have have one on order already... I'm checking with an importation company as to the possibility. The price is another issue...

James

plus
May 14th, 2004, 15:19
i have and am taking delivery in early june - hopefully! my rev limiter is almost peaking:addict:

Erik
May 14th, 2004, 15:21
Welcome plus!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your RS6 Plus.
What color etc. did you go for?

I know the M5, E55 etc. are all Beasts.
But Audi now has The Beast Plus. :dig:

plus
May 14th, 2004, 15:27
black with black - esr and folding mirrors - otherwise they chuck everything else in (at a price) with the sports exhaust should make a good noise - windows down, in a tunnel, foot flat.....nice.:wo:

jon
May 21st, 2004, 12:23
You ought to try and tempt "Insurance Jon" over from ts.net or rs246, last I heard form him, he'd just ordered a plus. Apparently the UK allocation of some 62 units is about all spoken for already.]

Hi chris, just found my way over! Sprint blue all the way!!!!

gjg
May 21st, 2004, 16:19
and folding mirrors

plus, do you have, by any chance, option number for folding mirros?

tia, gg

plus
May 24th, 2004, 10:33
no but you'll find it on audi.co.uk and print out the price/options list. did you see the autocar test?? "best audi in years"....

gjg
May 24th, 2004, 11:33
what I am interested in is:

Electric Fold Auto-dipping rear view mirror

if this is the option with right mirror downtilt with Reverse gear... which does not work on my Avant.

I've found the options here:

6XE eletric fold
6XJ auto dipp
6XK both of the above

I've noticed that in UK the + comes with stainless exhaust while here (Central E.) the sports exhaust is stock.

Also 6'5" DVD based NAV+ is also available instead of the 5".

gg

did see the write up... :thumb:

plus
May 24th, 2004, 11:58
i dont think that we can get that option in the uk. its not on the optional extras list. the + comes with sports exhaust as standard which is matt black and NOT chrome.. should look the business:0:

gjg
May 24th, 2004, 12:16
I've got the option list from the importer in Prague. Black optics/black sports exhaust are all stock. You cannot even order (from the "menu") the stainless steels exhaust, simply n/a.

19" titanium trim rims no charge option (PAT/FC1)
19" alu rims stock
Sport Plus Suspension no charge option (2ME/FC1)

Nav+ with DVD same price as the old CD based.

:bigeyes:

Erik
May 24th, 2004, 12:18
Originally posted by gjg
Nav+ with DVD same price as the old CD based.

Ssssssssssccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

plus
May 24th, 2004, 12:35
erik's jealous!!:rs6kiss:

gjg
May 24th, 2004, 13:08
oh, I've forgot to mention that the dashboard unit will (outside of the DVD map disc) also play audio - CD/CDRW/MP3 and of course standard DVD .....

:p :rolleyes: :hahahehe:

plus
May 24th, 2004, 13:28
not sure when I will listen to the cd player as I will be listening to the sweet sounds from the sports exhausts. "american v8 under a 100tog duvet" :heart: ::thumb:

gjg
May 24th, 2004, 13:31
true .... so true ..... :rs6kiss:

but you can always look the DVD maps .....:harass:

plus
May 24th, 2004, 13:33
good point gg - wouldnt mind getting lost though and driving for miles....have you ordered one yet?:)

EternalX
May 25th, 2004, 04:31
whats the chances of getting this nav+ system thats dvd based over to the US? I imagine it could be done, since they probably dont have to change much for the new system. Its really a shame these expensive cars come with a basic stereo and TAPE DECK, no navigation or nice screen. Ive seen better stereo options for cars priced in the 20s!

rs6_newyork
May 25th, 2004, 05:10
quite agree.

But does the nifty dvd based nav system interface to the new audi multi-media interface? if so - big problem.

Anyway i just got an ebay auction for an A6 Navi with screen from germany. 510 bucks! bargain!! when it arrives, I'll at least have my RS6 up to the late 90s instead of late 80s!

Of course i gotta find a CD changer now for the trunk. And wiring harness. grumble grumble. Or more likely, a phatbox.

gjg
May 25th, 2004, 06:17
phatbox works really nice, 60G disc, with the voice prompts ....

and very easy to install :thumb:

plus
May 26th, 2004, 15:57
has anyone taken delivery of a plus yet??:race:

gjg
May 28th, 2004, 10:56
plus ....have you ordered one yet?

yes, this week, to replace existing RS6 Avant, totaled when in for service .... :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy:

gjg
May 28th, 2004, 11:27
and order the 6.5" DVD NAV+ which I did not order before because of the CD .... wonder how they will fit the screen to the console ...

:deal:

jon
June 1st, 2004, 10:38
Originally posted by EternalX
whats the chances of getting this nav+ system thats dvd based over to the US? I imagine it could be done, since they probably dont have to change much for the new system. Its really a shame these expensive cars come with a basic stereo and TAPE DECK, no navigation or nice screen. Ive seen better stereo options for cars priced in the 20s!

Thats strange as the uk one comes with DVD satnav and CD! (i've specced phatnoise as well.

gjg
June 1st, 2004, 10:57
Jon, I can either e-mail the spec sheet from Czech importer (options are clear even to non-czech speaking population) or you can download it from www.audi.cz

They did confirm 6.5" DVD based NAV+ on my order .....

:applause:

jon
June 1st, 2004, 11:14
it seems us europeans get a higher spec than our american cousins!

plus
June 1st, 2004, 13:45
mines coming in 2 weeks.:rs6kiss: :0:

gjg
June 1st, 2004, 14:14
mine is scheduled for August - mid month (I hope it will be earlier ....)

:thumb:

nene
June 1st, 2004, 14:32
We demand lots of nice pix folks! Keep it coming, and don't forget to take those digicams when going to the dealership.

Dimitri
June 1st, 2004, 16:58
Are you sure itīs posible to play DVD movies in the new Nav system, because Iīm not completly sure.

My new S4 itīll come whith it too and all I know itīs that can play Mp3, from a Cd or even using a compact flash card for which it comes whith to special holders, but first notice for the dvd.

jon
June 1st, 2004, 17:04
no. it'd dvd storage for the sat nav i.e the whole of europe comes on instead of just country of purchase with a cd based one

plus
June 4th, 2004, 14:28
just heard that the plus is "awaiting Shipment" :wo: :wo: :wo:

jon
June 4th, 2004, 14:37
did you get sprint blue as well, hope this means mines on it's way too!!!!!

plus
June 4th, 2004, 15:01
black with black/sunroof/isofix :thumb:

plus
June 4th, 2004, 15:47
jon, iwas told that i couldnt have aluminium trim fitted from factory on my plus so am getting carbon fibre. Is that correct?

jon
June 4th, 2004, 15:59
no you can have either aluminium (brushed metal finish) or Carbon Fibre (with a futher option of a blue thread in it). where in the world r u plus?

plus
June 4th, 2004, 16:02
london

gjg
June 4th, 2004, 16:06
jon, iwas told that i couldnt have aluminium trim fitted from factory on my plus so am getting carbon fibre. Is that correct?

option for aluminum is 5TG (for Plus)

plus
June 4th, 2004, 16:15
apparently not for uk - it is impossible to order a black car with black leather and have aluminium inserts - you have to have piano or carbon fibre.....interesting

jon
June 4th, 2004, 16:38
Just checked with my dealer, and it is posible but the car has to go through the custom program, which adds a Ģ1k premium before you start speccing stuff. I wanted a noggy blue plus but although I could afford it i couldn't justify a total bill of Ģ2,000 just to get the car to match my old RS4! Theres no logic to it either as all the custom cars are charge the extra because the car is sent to quattro to be built, but the plus' are made there anyway. So I think it's a bit of a rip off!

jon
June 4th, 2004, 23:30
Possibly only UK users will understand this but:

GO BUY EVO MAGAZINE AND YOU WILL SEE THE 6+ HAS ACHIEVED THE COVETED 5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:wo : :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo:

gjg
June 5th, 2004, 07:03
the stealer is just full of it ..... or maybe Audi UK..:deal:

Just checked with my dealer, and it is posible but the car has to go through the custom program, which adds a Ģ1k premium before you start speccing

This is standard option on mainland and you are IMO just being ripped off. I had very similar experience with our (Austrian based) importer because they were telling me that something I wanted is not available period (while I had a spec sheet in my hand from another country where the exactly same company is also importer - with their name on the top of the document) - they would absolutely not even make an attempt to get off their ass to ask the factory let alone to treat a customer politely. Arrogant "take it or leave it" attitude ... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Couple of phone calls (Quattro and Ingolstadt) cure the problem so fast that I almost got my ass kissed on the way out.... I had to pay the call though.

What can I say - understanding of what is "customer service" still did not reached some areas in Europe ...... :cry: :cry: .... or maybe my expectations are too high -:)

:vhmmm:

Nordschleife
June 5th, 2004, 08:04
George

You were dealing with Porsche, so arrogance goes with the territory. Not the individuals who own the business, they are absolutely charming, but their people get a bit up themselves.

Also their workshop is more expensive than Germany!

R+C

gjg
June 5th, 2004, 08:27
you're correct. And thanks for your help, it worked like charm

gg

plus
June 5th, 2004, 13:35
thanks jon for your comments re the inserts. I'm sure the carbon fibre will be cool and if not I can have some aluminium retro fitted by my local dealer. only a week to go.............also i did read evo mag which is what sparked my aluminium questions! i also noted that the car they testdrove did not have the titan alloys...five stars though, it really must be hot!!:incar:

jon
June 5th, 2004, 16:05
Apparantly there is an option to delete the titan finish on the silver colour option. Don't know why though.

at this rate we'll be able to have a mini UK 6+ meet.

plus
June 6th, 2004, 08:33
just the two of us jon - what about the other 60? where are they??:addict:

jon
June 6th, 2004, 09:47
We'll have to either hunt them down, or look like jonny no mates.

Admins - we need an rs6+ gremlin just for me and plus!

gjg
June 6th, 2004, 19:44
I will need one too, in couple of months .... :dance: :D :D :D :D :D :360:

Erik
June 7th, 2004, 08:33
Originally posted by jon
Admins - we need an rs6+ gremlin just for me and plus!

You mean an avatar? The pic under your name.

jon
June 7th, 2004, 09:02
Nah just the little yella fella that kisses the RS6 logo, we need one with a + in there too. Or are we asking too much?

Erik
June 7th, 2004, 09:16
Originally posted by jon
Nah just the little yella fella that kisses the RS6 logo, we need one with a + in there too. Or are we asking too much?

:rs6kiss: +

:D

jon
June 7th, 2004, 09:23
I asked for that! literally!

Erik
June 7th, 2004, 09:32
Originally posted by jon
I asked for that! literally!

Well, we won't make one but you are very welcome to add the "+" yourself. :p

plus
June 7th, 2004, 09:54
ok erik - :addict: +

plus
June 8th, 2004, 12:04
RS6 + just arrived in port. getting closer - may have by the weekend - will keep you posted.....:addict: plus

jon
June 8th, 2004, 12:57
Originally posted by plus
RS6 + just arrived in port. getting closer - may have by the weekend - will keep you posted.....:addict: plus

mines not built yet you barsteward! ordered it on the first day as well!

plus
June 10th, 2004, 10:55
plus still in port - has been delayed by the takeover of two large uk dealerships - unlucky or what. may not get it until end of the month. they have said they'll lend me a diesel estate until it arrives........exciting or what?!!:doh:

gjg
June 20th, 2004, 10:10
plus, did you take delivery yet?

jon
June 21st, 2004, 09:16
just heard mine is being born on 5th july, so I'll have it about 2 weeks later.

gjg
June 21st, 2004, 09:21
mine should be "born" (or scheduled for production) in week 31 .....

:D

jon
June 21st, 2004, 15:20
Did i read in the spec's that it gets carbon (instead of plastic) gear shift paddles? If not where do we get them from?

Erik
June 21st, 2004, 15:55
Originally posted by jon
Did i read in the spec's that it gets carbon (instead of plastic) gear shift paddles? If not where do we get them from?

Sportec.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/723/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/520