PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased a new RS6

z356
May 12th, 2004, 05:17
I just purchased last week a brand new Daytona/Silver, enhanced, carbon & nav RS6 from Pam Zabitz at New Jersey'Jack Daniels Audi (201) 796-8500. I am from Nevada and frankly, the aggressive pricing of East Coast dealers in Tri-State area don't seemed to be available elsewhere in the country. If you have been sitting on the fence, suggest you act soon before color combos & options you want are soldout. There was $6,000 trunk money from Audi in April on each RS6 sold. Hopefully, it will still be available in May. Depending on your abilities, you can negotiate a substantial deal under invoice right now. The free market Gods have smiled on those of us who waited, taking advantage of Audi's bizarre logic of introducing a late 2003 car early in the 2004 model year and then over producing from 800+ to 1200+ for the USA. We will all pay later (at resale) for these marketing errors by Audi but those of us who managed to get the sub-invoice discount today are in better shape to handle the substantial depreciation expense all RS6s will take in three to four years. I want to thank Eric Danetz and others in this forum for posting these these terrific East Coast deals. These forums are having a very positive impact on how, by sharing information, consumers all over the country can lower their acquisition costs.

GoFastKindaGuy
May 12th, 2004, 14:26
Now you are forcing me into "I paid full MSRP" rationalization syndrome. :rolleyes:

1) But at least I have 10K of joyful driving:incar:

2) I got exactly what I wanted:0:

3) I suffered six months of Audi's "your RS6 is being built" web site :vhmmm:

JA
May 12th, 2004, 15:51
Now you are forcing me into "I paid full MSRP" rationalization syndrome.

==============================================

There's a lot of that going around. I wonder if we should form a support group?

I paid full MSRP in December. I've enjoyed every moment of owning the car.

:addict:

Erik
May 12th, 2004, 15:57
I am very happy to see that the 'community' does what I created it for.

To provide people with information :brag: so that their ownership becomes better and less expensive, your cars faster with the right tuning and advice from more experienced etc.

:cheers:

BBGT2
May 12th, 2004, 15:58
Z356,

Congrats. on your new ride, as far as pricing is concerned I agree with fast guy, I wanted so I paid for it ,if Iwas willing (at the time) to wait and shop around it just wouldnt be the same as getting "my" car spec'd the way I wanted, or getting an RS6 that has been on the dealers lot for months and test driven by other enthusiasts. But I paid for that pleasure and would do it over again if the situation shoud arise (next RS6) As long as I get exactly what I want I will pay.

Just my .03 cents
Bajo:addict:

GmbHouse
May 12th, 2004, 17:32
Good responses. As a member of the "full retail club", it makes me feel better. I don't think I could have waited anyway.

z356
May 12th, 2004, 19:28
Gentlemen, I now exactly how you feel. I waited 2 1/2 years for the intro of the Porsche Boxster in '97 and paid full price for the first one that my dealership received (my order). I enjoyed the car and never regretted the price I paid for it. I considered the RS6 last fall but was not on a waiting list. Most dealers then in California were asking $10K over invoice. I decided to keep my 2000 4-Matic Benz wagon a bit longer instead. I purchased a new car (non-AWD) just a month ago- a 2004 BMW 745i with Sport Package. Because of the bad reputation for troubles (mainly on 2002s) and I Drive, I was able to get a super discount. Coupled with European Delivery Program savings, I got mine at $10K+ down from MSRP. I waited until Sat Radio was offered by the factory, along with the articulated Comfort Seats (both March 04 production starts). I had no intention of buying an RS6 two weeks ago when I dropped in a local Porsche/Audi dealer get a 911 40th Anniversary cap. They had a S4 with tip/paddles on the lot. I took it for a ride and was impressed. I came back and searched the internet forum sites to check what was happening in the market (prices, issues, etc.). This is when I discovered the great deals that could be had on leftover RS6s in dealer inventories. Quite frankly, confronted with a decision to pay almost retail for a S4 (Cal dealers are getting over MSRPs on S4 cabs right now) and a sub-invoice price on a RS6, I chose the later. Thus, my wait was quite unintentional. However, I am happy with the results.

nene
May 12th, 2004, 21:27
Welcome!

UrQ
May 18th, 2004, 00:56
Well I did almost pay MSRP for my '04 S4 (like 1k below MSRP) and after all the problems and buy back I was treated to RS6 at a very good price.

After driving the RS6 its well worth the $$$ its far exceeds the S4 in every category, even the seats (now that I have put over 1,500 miles on the car).

The car is almost flawless, the quality / fit exceeds the A series car

Bauer
May 18th, 2004, 01:14
z356,

Congrats on the new ride!!!:rs6kiss:

I see you live in Reno. My brother in law lives in Truckee and has a business in Reno. I assume you would have to head down the "hill" to Sacramento to get your car serviced as the Reno dealer is not certified.

Enjoy it to the fullest:incar:

Oh, and I paid MSRP and have no problem with it.....have loved the last 9 months to the tune of 16k miles.

UrQ
May 18th, 2004, 01:26
How is S8 ? Only seen 1 and driven in 1, never drove one, how does it compare to RS6 ?

z356
May 18th, 2004, 03:24
Bauer- Thanks for info on Reno dealer. I will check it out as soon as the car gets here. It is still on an Intercity Carrier from New Jersey, to arrive here later this week. I have a second home in Carmel. If Butts Audi in Seaside is not certified either, I will take it to Rector Audi in Burlingame or Livermore Audi, both where I know salespeople.

UrQ- I am glad your "buyback" worked out and you are now driving an RS6. I just purchased a 2004 745i and BMW has suffered a rash of buybacks, mainly 2002s but later years as well. I have my fingers crossed that, being a late 04, most of the kinks have been worked out. I put 1,469 miles in Europe and it worked perfectly well. I hope I remain lucky. One disadvantage of the 2003 RS6 is that its looks are based on the old 6 platform that is at the end of its model run. On the other hand, a great advantage of the RS6 is precisely that the A6 series was pretty much perfected by all of those years of production by the time the RS6 was built in 2003. Anyone reading the E55 forums know that the 2003 E55s have been less than reliable. Good luck with your RS6.

Alan
May 18th, 2004, 11:54
They are one mile from my where I live and I was hoping to pick up another RS6 at the end of my lease in September. C'mon, save one for me.

z356
May 18th, 2004, 12:47
Hurry up. They had four left as of two days ago. Jack Daniels apparently signed up for an additional 18 RS6s when Audi decided to up USA production in late 2003. By early April, they were down to 8 cars (these still appear on their web site). Of those listed, the two Daytonas, a Mugello and another (don't know the color) are now gone. If I were you, I would negotiate an early end to your lease and join us in a brand spanking new RS6 before it's too late.