PDA

View Full Version : A Little V70R vs RS6 Thread I've been Following

iconcls
May 11th, 2004, 22:03
Apparently our cars disappoint some:

Humorous V70R v RS 6 (http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=21320)

Erik
May 11th, 2004, 22:12
I don't think "Johann" in the V70R ever heard of the terms slip streaming and what it means for the car that is behind.

By Jarmo:

"Keep in mind...the R is not made as a dragster....but than again....in the correct gear, RS6 would be faster...but than again RS6 is M5 class, 911 Turbo class,....
I just wanna say....you can give them thoughts like "WTF...that Volvo can follow me?!?!?!?" but we would not pass"

Klint
May 11th, 2004, 22:16
What's A V-O-L-V-O?!?!? :confused:

Volvo...Pahahahahahahaha!!! :harass:

Klint
May 11th, 2004, 22:18
Originally posted by Erik
I don't think "Johann" in the V70R ever heard of the terms slip streaming and what it means for the car that is behind.

By Jarmo:

"Keep in mind...the R is not made as a dragster....but than again....in the correct gear, RS6 would be faster...but than again RS6 is M5 class, 911 Turbo class,....
I just wanna say....you can give them thoughts like "WTF...that Volvo can follow me?!?!?!?" but we would not pass"

Slip streaming is vital for 'tanks'..... ;)

gjg
May 12th, 2004, 02:50
this is another bs - V70R under same conditions can'f compare ....

sounds like yet another "wet volvo" drream ....

:wo:

Aronis
May 12th, 2004, 13:21
You, know, I was following an F16 on the highway and boy I could keep up with him every step of the way. Then I realized the F16 was on a trailer being pulled by a F150 truck, and not actually being flown.

The V70R guy thinks the driver of the RS6 was actually trying to outrun him? So since the RS6 driver was not interested in racing all out, the V70R must therefore be faster!!

D'ooh....

Put them on the track big boy and lets see, stock vs stock...

Mike

Erik
May 12th, 2004, 14:15
I still wonder when sport auto will publish the track test they did (or were supposed to do) with the S60R at Nürburgring.

Since the test was never published I'm very suspiscious.
Anyone with more information please let us know!

nyrs6
May 12th, 2004, 20:24
I cant believe they even have the guts to write this:

" RS6s aren't that fast. Certainly no where near a 996 turbo, and slower than an M5 by a decent margin."

And there is no way he can keep up with an RS6. (not to mention that it was an S70R not an S60R) Those cars stock trap at 101 and those mods will not make it as fast as the RS6. Its also possible that the RS6 was coming from a long drive and had alot of heat soak that could slow it down alot. But even then after 100 the RS6 would kill

Audihead
May 12th, 2004, 20:37
Originally posted by Klint
What's A V-O-L-V-O?!?!? :confused:

Volvo...Pahahahahahahaha!!! :harass:

Something made by the Fjord Motor Company. :jlol:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Aronis
May 12th, 2004, 20:40
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
Something made by the Fjord Motor Company. :jlol:

Hell, it's only a matter of time before Ford Buys Audi as well....

Mike

May 13th, 2004, 07:28
:vhmmm: who cares about a volvo? :alig:
:MTM: they think RS6's and RS4's want to race them?

:cry: <--- ROFLMAO can't stop my tears while laughing at the volvo board.

Audi80q
May 13th, 2004, 10:02
"Later in Italy I closed in on a S6. Man does this car have bad roadholding.. I thought I was the one complaining on a bad road. i had to use Sport setting because Comfort made the body jump left right and all over the place but the Audi needed twice the space S6 didn't impress at all powerwise. I didn't even try .. "

What everyone fails to realize is that Johann here is being fecetious. Everyone knows that a V70r or ...yeah ill say it...any volvo for that matter has nothing on a fined tuned piece of german machinery

what an asshat

Audihead
May 13th, 2004, 15:27
Originally posted by Aronis
Hell, it's only a matter of time before Ford Buys Audi as well....

Mike

I'm thinking GM, they need help with their interiors really bad.

avdh
May 14th, 2004, 17:36
The outcome of those little dices have a lot to do with the drivers.

Unless we talk to the driver, how can we know what the guy did.

In this case I think the RS6 was in a high gear and the guy wasn't really pushing.

When I'll hear a Volvo do the quarter mile in 12.86 sec @ 177 km/h (110 mph) and 236 km/h (147 mph) on the kilometre (0.620 m) like my standard RS6 does, then I will pay attention.

As for the S6 not handling..... must have been a really bad driver. I did some pretty fast time around various race tracks with my ex-S6....

urquattro83
May 14th, 2004, 18:09
I'm verry disapointed in de performace of the Volvo's:

I drive a audi urquattro 1983 200ps

1,5 year ago I had a run with a volvo T-5 estate (250ps) :
0-100 km/u I want te look with a microscope in my mirror :bye2:
From 150-240+ we were close happilly the old audi was a little bit faster also on topspeed.
(we were racing more times, and after that he had his tumbs up):thumb:
I was really impressed by the 20 year old engine from audi!

specs.: audi urquattro 0-100: 6.7 sec. top-speed: 222km/u

specs.: volvo T-5 0-100 7.6 top-speed: 250 km/u