PDA

View Full Version : The BBS Have been mounted!!!

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 18:39
Well here are the photo's of the BBS CH 19's with Michelin PS2's.:D

The front will required a 8mm spacer and they had made another piece to go on the wheel that would eliminate the vibration. and the rear has a 6mm spacer for asthetic reasons. There is no vibration and the tires are alot quieter than I expected. The tire handles great from the little driving I have done on them. I did not want to push them to hard for a few hundred miles.

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 18:41
Another with the logo visible.

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 18:42
Another one...

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 18:43
Last one I will put more and bigger in the ...Gallery (www.rs6.com/gallery)

Klint
May 11th, 2004, 18:59
Sensational, Stuart!

Love them, they're not too extrovert and their not too modest. Love it! Great taste..... :thumb:

Also, did you get some weights of both the new wheels+rims and the old? It's always assuring to see some 'performance' differences. :D

pING
May 11th, 2004, 19:00
Looks great, also the RS6 logo in stead of the default one is nice. :)

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 19:06
Originally posted by Klint

Also, did you get some weights of both the new wheels+rims and the old? It's always assuring to see some 'performance' differences. :D
Thanks guys for the comments.:D

Klint,
I did not have time to get any weights I am going back to pickup the old wheels and also get some gray caps to cover the wheel bolts and we are going to weigh them then.

Dark Knight
May 11th, 2004, 19:39
Nice, very nice. As the others have said, nicely understated but certainly they make a major statement! And I love the RS center covers, real nice touch!

Good luck with them, the car is looking sharp!

Audihead
May 11th, 2004, 19:47
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Too cool! Have you thought about doing the other shinny bits on the car in the same color? I'm thinkin that might look really good with those wheels.:dig:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 20:17
Thanks Bimmerhead,
As a matter of fact after I saw the wheels on there I thought the same thing. I am looking into that or trying to get the blackout package. I am going to try and make some contacts on this issue and so is the tunning shop.

Audihead
May 11th, 2004, 21:08
I think it would look very subtle and classy. With enough sport to drive the point home that it is something very different, a true beast!:bow:

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

highrustler
May 11th, 2004, 21:09
AWESOME! I need to get a set of those center caps made. Can you provide me with a contact? Do you think he can match the stock CH color?

James

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 21:44
Originally posted by highrustler
AWESOME! I need to get a set of those center caps made. Can you provide me with a contact? Do you think he can match the stock CH color?

James
I would say he could when I first went in the color was black and he snapped it in, I said wait lets match the color so they brought a wheel to the place and had it done. You can not tell from the photos but it is not a perfect match but it is darn close. It is the BBS cap with a vinal rs6 logo sticker on it.

Klint
May 11th, 2004, 21:45
Wow!!

Each time I keep looking in this thread, I'm amazed at how well, both the car and those rims 'mate' with each other. :bow:

Stuart,

Is it possible to get a picture from the front and the rear to see how much the spacers have added to the car's stance?

All the Best,
:thumb:

Erik
May 11th, 2004, 21:51
Congratulations! It looks very good! :addict:

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 22:09
Originally posted by Klint
Wow!!

Each time I keep looking in this thread, I'm amazed at how well, both the car and those rims 'mate' with each other. :bow:

Stuart,

Is it possible to get a picture from the front and the rear to see how much the spacers have added to the car's stance?

All the Best,
Give me about an hour or maybe 30 minutes and I will have that for you Sir Klint.

sturs6
May 11th, 2004, 22:46
Here you go I hope you can tell something. I did not have any good before front and rear shots. Sorry!!!!

Klint
May 12th, 2004, 01:01
Your a star Stuart, Kudos for getting those pics!

The new stance sure looks good, not sure if it's the width of the tyres or the spacers, but it does look a little wider than usual.

Jack
May 12th, 2004, 04:43
Originally posted by sturs6
Well here are the photo's of the BBS CH 19's with Michelin PS2's.:D

The front will required a 8mm spacer and they had made another piece to go on the wheel that would eliminate the vibration. and the rear has a 6mm spacer for asthetic reasons.

Nice job. :)

I may have missed this earlier, and if so, I apologize; but why did the BBS CH wheels need spacers? I thought BBS made a CH version with the proper width (8.5") and offset (35mm) to fit the RS6. Did you need the front 8mm spacer to clear the brakes? Thanks in advance for any info.

highrustler
May 12th, 2004, 05:08
Jack-

Because the PS2's are too wide and rub the steering linkage. I called BBS in Germany about this issue. They never tried a PS2 because they were not on the market at the time of fitment. The cross section is around 10.25 inches which is wider than the other 255-35/19 offerings. I did not want to use a spacer, so I swapped for the PZero’s and the fit is perfect. There are two PZero's available in this size with different load ratings. Tire Rack has the 96Y heavy load version, but you'll have to speak to right person to get them. Bonus: The lighter load (92Y) tire does not have the red pzero logo, but the 96Y does! The Conti Sport Contact 2 will also fit without a spacer.

james

Jack
May 12th, 2004, 05:15
Thanks, James.

BTW, in your opinion, can you notice the fact that the CH wheels (8.5"et35) "sit in" from the fender lip 5 mm more than stock? TIA

Aronis
May 12th, 2004, 13:16
Looks great!

What was the Total Cost? Tires and Wheels?

Mike

Rs6s4
May 12th, 2004, 14:18
Sturs6, Congrats for the new wheels, they look HOT specially with the RS6 logo caps:0: , u got a new beast now:addict:

sturs6
May 12th, 2004, 14:23
With the tires, spacers, center caps, and caps for the lugs so the shine is not present and labr was $4,006 and some change.

Aronis
May 12th, 2004, 14:25
Great, you should market the setup....

Mike

nene
May 12th, 2004, 16:01
Very cool!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Jack
May 12th, 2004, 16:24
Any quality photos available of this BBS wheel on the RS6 --
8.5"x19" et32mm -- 20.5lbs

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/bbs/swap/bbs_rgr_db_ci3_l.jpg

highrustler
May 12th, 2004, 16:40
Jack -

No I can't notice the 5mm difference. You might with a set of calipers.

Also, the darker grey wheel you pictured is not available for the RS6. It's a cheaper wheel made in Japan.

James

Jack
May 12th, 2004, 16:45
Originally posted by highrustler
Jack -
Also, the darker grey wheel you pictured is not available for the RS6. It's a cheaper wheel made in Japan.

James

James: Thanks again for the info. I found that wheel on the Tire Rack site as allegedly being a proper fitment for the RS6. Go figure. :eek:

Erik
May 12th, 2004, 16:46
Originally posted by Jack
Any quality photos available of this BBS wheel on the RS6 --
8.5"x19" et32mm -- 20.5lbs

Looks similar to what I used, the RXII, except they are splits.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/520/2NS2003-106.jpg

From the gallery. The same? I'm not sure.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/2BBS-3.jpg

highrustler
May 12th, 2004, 18:39
Jack -

they do show the RGR as being compatible. the wheel is not a dark grey color as the photo might indicate. the wheel is actually bright satin silver. the RGR is not even listed on the BBS website. strange...

james

krm
May 13th, 2004, 09:27
Stuart, the wheels look great, and the whole package looks stunning! :race:

gjg
May 14th, 2004, 15:21
looks great ... :thumb:

Klint
May 16th, 2004, 12:48
Stuart,

Now that you've had them mounted for a (short) while, what are your early impressions of the ride quality, steering response etc over the factory rims? :)

sturs6
May 21st, 2004, 13:22
I have been down in Florida for a few days so I have not been able to drive her that much but the little I did before I left... I love this new setup. I do not find the ride to be to harsh it does not seem much worse to me. It handles great; corners where I used to get squeel at 60 I can push past 60 and get now squeel. It feels nice I could feel the Dunlops roll some but these do not apppear to do it as easily. Lastly I may be crazy but it feels like it does not understeer as much in tight fast turns.
This is just the opinion of a lowley rookie.
Stuart

Klint
May 25th, 2004, 16:26
Stuart,

Sounds like a worth while modification in both performance and asthetics. Thanks for your early impressions...