PDA

View Full Version : Radar Jammers and Laser Jammers

Aronis
May 10th, 2004, 16:04
Hi All,

I have been researching Jammers, and have found that many are simply BS.

I was laughing when I read about the Rocky Mountain Passive Jammers!

Anyone have any solid experience with either?

Brand, model,

I currently have a V1 and just turned on the K mu coverage (programable) since this is being used in the US now.

Mike

sturs6
May 10th, 2004, 18:01
I just bought a V1. What is the K mu? How do I turn it on?
-Stuart

Aronis
May 10th, 2004, 18:39
You will find the info on programming the V1 here.

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

K mu is turned on by programming it. It is one of the newer bands being used more frequently in the US.

Those who say the Bell RX65 is better, are quickly thwarted since the V1 has included this coverage for several years.

Mike

Phinnbill
May 10th, 2004, 23:55
For those of you with older model V1's, Valentine offers an upgrade program. On their website you enter your V1 unit's serial number and get back a list of upgrades (if any) available on units newer than yours, along with the cost to upgrade. What they actually do is replace your older unit with a brand new one. Not inexpensive, yet usually less than a new one. Cost depends on how old your V1 is.

Aronis
May 11th, 2004, 13:01
Yes, I know about the upgrade policy.

It appears that they have had no major changes in at least three years, since mine is 3 years old and the serial number querry says I have the latest model.

I think the K mu is being used by the automatic roadside radar that tells you your speed. I had turned K mu on last week, but turned if off since it was picking up my sat radio even more with it on. So I drove by the road side radar speed thing and not a bleep out of SeeMore.....so I turned K mu back on and now I am looking to find where the cops hid the autobot radar machine....

Mike