PDA

View Full Version : Milltek Downpipes...

Speed Technik
May 9th, 2004, 17:14
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to drop an update about the DP's for the RS6.... We planned on putting them in our car last thursday but were backed up with other work. We are going to try and get them done this week, dyno and take it from there.

Here is the plan:

Install and get an idea of what it takes to get them in

Dyno, see what it does with the current software.

Send the data to Markus (Mr. OCT himself) and he will determine if there is going to be a new code update required to get all that we can with this modification without taking the driveability away.

Install DP's in NYRS6's car and see how it does on the 1/4.

On a side note: NYRS6 has been the most agressive 1/4 mile driver (ie most 1/4 mile runs that I know of to date) and Speed Technik really appreciates all the feedback we get from him and his crew. We will also be prototyping the RS6 version of the Speed Technik I/C misting kit based on RG's request to deal with heat soak.

Thanks to AndyP for showing Randy Probst what a Speed Technik built RS6 can do on a road course, good job Andy :wo:

Brian :s4addict:

gnomik007
May 10th, 2004, 13:19
Originally posted by Speed Technik
We will also be prototyping the RS6 version of the Speed Technik I/C misting kit based on RG's request to deal with heat soak.

What is I/C misting kit?

Audihead
May 10th, 2004, 17:02
It is probably an Intercooler misting system like the Japaneese cars have to spray water on the intercooler for a little extra temporary cold charge for the turbo boost. I think the WRX STi has this & the EVO 8 as well.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Erik
May 10th, 2004, 17:04
Interesting link:

http://www.swankmonkey.com/intercooler_mister/

gnomik007
May 11th, 2004, 14:36
Misting kit sounds like a cool thing.How often can it be used withing certain period of time and how effective is it?

Audihead
May 11th, 2004, 14:55
I would think you could use it as much as you wanted to reduce the temp of the intercoolers, it's just water being sprayed. I don't think it would hurt anything. As for effectiveness, of that I can't be truly sure, only someone like Brian would know. I have read some reviews in car magazines about the WRX Sti & the Evo. I think the assumption was it helped slightly but the effect was inperceptable to the testers. I think any system like this should include small fans on the backs of the intercoolers. This might help pull a little more air over the gills after the shot of water, while standing still. I don't think you would need this if you were moving, would you?

Audihead
May 11th, 2004, 17:24
Nordschleife what do you think? You seem to be very knowledgeable in technical matters. Does a system like this have merit or do you think it more a gimmic the way they are designed now?:vhmmm: