PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on SWAY BARS!!!!

Speed Technik
May 9th, 2004, 16:55
Hey guys,

Here is an update on the bars...

To the rest of you that have ordered the bars...

They have been shipped to Speed Technik last week and I should see them in the next few days of which I will turn them around to those of you that have pre-paid.

I will charge shipping when they go out and will include additional install instructions in the shipping docs.

If anyone wants them faster shipping than ground, email me and I will take care of it...

Brian@speedtechnik.com :s4addict:

avdh
May 11th, 2004, 08:50
As you requested, since you/your company does not want to deal with South Africa, I have contacted Hotchkis, and they told me that the RS6 sway bar is still a few months aways....

So what's the story?

Benman
September 2nd, 2004, 04:45
Originally posted by avdh
As you requested, since you/your company does not want to deal with South Africa, I have contacted Hotchkis, and they told me that the RS6 sway bar is still a few months aways....

So what's the story?

Avdh:cheers:

Interesting how you never got a response. The reason I waited sooooooo long to post a reply is that I was waiting for Hotchkis to tell me when they were done with the prototype.

Back in April I met both the Hotchkis brothers (founders and owners) of H-Sport and Hotchkis sway bars. I told them I was interested in a sway bar set up for my Beast. They informed me they would like for me to come down for a test fit. I was suprised they said "test" fit as tuners were already marketing the "RS 6" bars ready for install. Sure enough the following month when I went down to their headquarters it was the very first time that they had test fitted their bars to an RS 6. I informed them that at rs6.com there was already ALOT of talk of the bars being ready. They assured me that the bars being sold were the standard offering the company had for an A6. Still a great product but by no means intended for the RS 6. They found that upon inspection of my RS 6, the brackets used for mounting were different than on the standard A6 and would certainly need to fabricate some custom brackets (they refused to mickey mouse fit it as we joked:D ). They were to give me a call when the process was done (they did warn me to give them time:D ).

Well, quite some time has gone by (just look at the date of this post) but today I received a phone call from Mark Hotchkis letting me know that the prototype brackets and prototype sway bars are now ready for test fit. I again let him know that there are several people on rs6.com that have RS 6 sway bars on their Beasts already but again assurred me that they were the STANDARD sway bar upgrade they offer for the A6 (NOT S6, NOT RS 6, just A6). After all you could use the upgrade sway bars from a 330 on an M3 but that is not the same as sway bars SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for an M3!

I will be taking the Beast down to their headquarters Wednesday morning for the test fit. Again, this is the very first set of Hotchkis sway bars SPECIFIC to the RS 6. Mark felt that the A6 bars will probably work well for the RS 6 but keep in mind they were never DESIGNED for the RS 6 spec suspension! These are!

Again I apologies for not posting earlier but I was waiting for a reponse back on when the bars would be done (why post if you don't know). After people started posting that they already had the "RS 6" bars on their Beasts I just figured they forgot about me and went about their daily business. Nothing could have been farther from the truth. They simply did not want to bug me until it was done and done right.:D So Wednesday I will KNOW how they feel and I will DEFINATELY give all my impression.

For those of you who already have the "RS 6" sway bars I can't say what the vendors told you, only that the Hotchkis brothers never sold them their sway bars as RS 6 specific. And they should know seeing as they're the ones who make em.:cheers:

Ben:addict: (Dang, sorry that was so long!)

gjg
September 2nd, 2004, 05:44
wonder what the price was on this special H bar ...... comparing to stock A6 ..... :confused:

audirs6sport
September 2nd, 2004, 05:56
Note: I just want everyone to be aware about this. I've heard from Hotchkis sway bar previous owners, that they had problems where the axle broke or so... anyone else heard about this?

audirs6sport
September 2nd, 2004, 05:58
ben was it from the Norcal VS. Socal Event? i was the young kid with the rs6 =)

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

Nordschleife
September 2nd, 2004, 11:17
How can a manufacturer develop 'special sway bars' for an RS6 without ever seeing an RS6?

Its not something you do by specification, you try a certain ARB, see how it behaves and then try different ones and adjustments until you have one that offers optimal performance.

R+C

audirs6sport
September 2nd, 2004, 12:32
Originally posted by Nordschleife
How can a manufacturer develop 'special sway bars' for an RS6 without ever seeing an RS6?

Its not something you do by specification, you try a certain ARB, see how it behaves and then try different ones and adjustments until you have one that offers optimal performance.

R+C

exactly. hkis tend to have a bad rep with their sway bars. i would stay far away from it.

Benman
September 2nd, 2004, 16:35

R+C
Exactly. Hotchkis NEVER developed a sway bar for the RS 6. It was merely marketed for the RS 6 by vendors.

The prototype they have made is base off the specs of the RS 6 (not the A6 as previous bars were.) They already have plenty of feedback from A6 owners on what is and is not liked about their sway bars and used that as a starting point for these prototypes. The new brackets that are fabricated are based on the measurements taken from my own personal vehicle while at their shop. This is the very first REAL RS 6 application for sway bars.

As for previous owners having problems it is a very real possibility. But consider this, if someone sells you sway bars for a Golf R32 and in reality they are sway bars for a BASE MODEL Golf is it Hotchkis's fault that problems might occur? I think vendors should be more accountable for accually knowing what they are selling. At no point did Hotchkis tell anyone that they had RS 6 specific sway bars. All involved knew they were A6 bars. They made it clear to me that they would be willing to make prototypes specifically for the RS 6 and that it would take time. I will let everyone know how it went after the drive on the 8th. We will be doing a before AND after back to back drive with the owner (Mark) on some back mountain roads.

Audi RS 6 sport:cheers:

You'd be more than welcome to show up for the test drive. just send me a pm and I'll get back to you before the Wed. am appointment.:D

Ben:addict:

Hy Octane
September 2nd, 2004, 17:05
Hey Ben!
Where are Hotchkiss located and what time is your test drive?

Benman
September 2nd, 2004, 18:54
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Hey Ben!
Where are Hotchkiss located and what time is your test drive?
Hello Hy Octane,

They are in Santa Fe Springs. Wednesday morning @ 10-11 am. Send me a pm:0:
Ben

nyrs6
September 3rd, 2004, 18:08
Originally posted by Benman
Avdh:cheers:

Interesting how you never got a response. The reason I waited sooooooo long to post a reply is that I was waiting for Hotchkis to tell me when they were done with the prototype.

Back in April I met both the Hotchkis brothers (founders and owners) of H-Sport and Hotchkis sway bars. I told them I was interested in a sway bar set up for my Beast. They informed me they would like for me to come down for a test fit. I was suprised they said "test" fit as tuners were already marketing the "RS 6" bars ready for install. Sure enough the following month when I went down to their headquarters it was the very first time that they had test fitted their bars to an RS 6. I informed them that at rs6.com there was already ALOT of talk of the bars being ready. They assured me that the bars being sold were the standard offering the company had for an A6. Still a great product but by no means intended for the RS 6. They found that upon inspection of my RS 6, the brackets used for mounting were different than on the standard A6 and would certainly need to fabricate some custom brackets (they refused to mickey mouse fit it as we joked:D ). They were to give me a call when the process was done (they did warn me to give them time:D ).

Well, quite some time has gone by (just look at the date of this post) but today I received a phone call from Mark Hotchkis letting me know that the prototype brackets and prototype sway bars are now ready for test fit. I again let him know that there are several people on rs6.com that have RS 6 sway bars on their Beasts already but again assurred me that they were the STANDARD sway bar upgrade they offer for the A6 (NOT S6, NOT RS 6, just A6). After all you could use the upgrade sway bars from a 330 on an M3 but that is not the same as sway bars SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for an M3!

I will be taking the Beast down to their headquarters Wednesday morning for the test fit. Again, this is the very first set of Hotchkis sway bars SPECIFIC to the RS 6. Mark felt that the A6 bars will probably work well for the RS 6 but keep in mind they were never DESIGNED for the RS 6 spec suspension! These are!

Again I apologies for not posting earlier but I was waiting for a reponse back on when the bars would be done (why post if you don't know). After people started posting that they already had the "RS 6" bars on their Beasts I just figured they forgot about me and went about their daily business. Nothing could have been farther from the truth. They simply did not want to bug me until it was done and done right.:D So Wednesday I will KNOW how they feel and I will DEFINATELY give all my impression.

For those of you who already have the "RS 6" sway bars I can't say what the vendors told you, only that the Hotchkis brothers never sold them their sway bars as RS 6 specific. And they should know seeing as they're the ones who make em.:cheers:

Ben:addict: (Dang, sorry that was so long!)

I just got off the phone with hotchkis. And they told me that the rs6 bars they are selling now ( the ones you are picking up) are A6 bars with modified brackets, that speedtechnik tested them out for them. Thats what speedtechnik was doing modifing the brakets for the RS6. The ones he was selling then are the ones you will get now.

And what they are doing with "test fit" is that they are doing the samething speedtechnik is doing, by fiting the bars for the A6 to fit with RS6 by using different brackets.

btw they even have the same product number for the A6 and RS6

You can call hotchkis and hear for youreslef. Thats exactly what they told me.

nyrs6
September 3rd, 2004, 18:14
Originally posted by Benman

The new brackets that are fabricated are based on the measurements taken from my own personal vehicle while at their shop. This is the very first REAL RS 6 application for sway bars.

Ben:addict:
speedtechniks RS6 tested it too. They personally never put one on. But speedtechnik did.

nene
September 3rd, 2004, 20:02
This is all very interesting.................
I for one care too much about my 85G investment to just put stuff on it without doing the proper homework. Good stuff BenMan!

RS4Ever
September 3rd, 2004, 20:56
what exactly are sway bars?
what would be the purpose to add it to the beast?
any pics?
does it improve performance?

eph94
September 3rd, 2004, 22:09
Originally posted by RS4Ever

One purpose would be to dial out some of the understeer, if that is what you so desire.

Hy Octane
September 3rd, 2004, 22:11
Sway bars are located across the front and back suspension with the front one connecting the left and right suspension and the rear one the same. What they do is limit the amount of body roll the suspension will allow. If you are going around a right turn, the weight of the car will be shifted to the outside or left of the car which will cause the suspension on the left side to load up or compress. While a little roll is ok, our heavy quattros can cause the car to lean left too much which makes the car want to push left while turning right.. The sway bars limit this roll by connecting the left and right suspension and thus keeping the weight more centered, which results in better handling. The RS6 comes with fornt and rear sway bars. The Hotchkiss sway bars are even thicker than stock so they limit the body roll even more thus improving turn in and cornering.. ( in theory.. too stiff and it can cause the car to 'hop' over bumps which is not so good).. So the trick for H=sport bars is to make them just thick enuff to improve the handling and not to stiff to take it away.. Since the A6 4.2 and the RS6 are similar in weight, it would make sense that they would use the A6 bars as a starting point. Hope this makes sense..

nene
September 3rd, 2004, 23:17
Originally posted by RS4Ever

They already exist on every car. In this case, you can replace the ones in your car with stiffer ones. Usually the metal is stiffer, or the diameter of the bar is larger.

<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/395785.phtml">Here is a good thread with pix and shows installation.</a>

audirs6sport
September 3rd, 2004, 23:58
another point. do not upgrade the front sway bar. you only upgrade the rear if anything. add a negative camber to front. this will help correct the understeering. if hkis or whoever u are getting it from state that you need to upgrade the front as well and come up with some excuse, that is bullshit. they just made those so they can increase sales. stores claim shit, and people pay for it because the store said so. lol

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

carbonLORD
September 4th, 2004, 06:09
Benman states "they were the STANDARD sway bar upgrade they offer for the A6 (NOT S6, NOT RS 6, just A6)"

The A6 (2.8, 3.0 2.7T & 4.2) use the Same sway bar as the S6 and allroad FWIW.

Benman also states "keep in mind they were never DESIGNED for the RS 6 spec suspension! These are!"

There are several suspension applications for the A6, S6 and allroad, each different from eachother all using the same sway bar. I have H&R coil overs and also use the H-Sport system. None of the sway bars were designed around sport, VS non sport, VS allroads air suspension VS my coil overs.

audirs6sport states "Note: I just want everyone to be aware about this. I've heard from Hotchkis sway bar previous owners, that they had problems where the axle broke or so... anyone else heard about this?"

No. because you are full of BS and never head that either, thats why you asked. I heard a rumor at best from the B5 S4 forum, never confirmed. I have had this system on for an entire year, trouble free, as well as at least a dozen other A6 members which will all attest to the same.

audirs6sport also states "hkis tend to have a bad rep with their sway bars. i would stay far away from it."

Do you have at least one link to back up your BS? They have an exceptional rep on every Audi forum I have come across.

another innacurate post by audirs6sport "do not upgrade the front sway bar. you only upgrade the rear if anything. add a negative camber to front. this will help correct the understeering. if hkis or whoever u are getting it from state that you need to upgrade the front as well and come up with some excuse, that is bullshit."

You have a great vehicle, too bad you do not understand anything about the dynamics of the suspension to your $85K vehicle. Add negative camber to the fronts? Yeah, if you want to replace your tires and wheel bearings every month.

I'm here to set the record straight, someof these comments are way off. None of you own the sway bar system and rely on rumor and personal opinion from others who also do not have experience with this system, yet.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but I actually do own one and the system is flawless. I can name off at least a dozen people who would agree ad the C5 A6 platform is not all that different from the RS 6. Sure, youhave the best engine and tranny you can throw in a C5 chases, but thats where the similarities end. Having an aftermarket system and some although limited experience behind the wheel of an RS 6, I can tell you, my 4.2 with H&R's and H-Sports handles a tad better then a stock RS 6.

Nw all I need is that damn engine ;)

nene
September 4th, 2004, 06:47
Those are some good points CarbonLord, but I believe the RS6 is the first model from Audi to be equipped with the innovative suspension concept Dynamic Ride Control (DRC).

I'm no suspension guru by any means, but that alone would seem to counter a few things you said, where the sway bars being the same for all C5 chassis would be okay.
I am sorry if some of us don't feel that what was developed for Jack's 40G vehicle is considered ok for John's 90G car without proper testing.

I'm sure that one of the advantages of Hotchkis product, just like most other sway bars is it's stiffness/thickness. This will prevent the car from swaying as you take a corner hard. Now, that process just transfers the stress onto the sway bar, and if the sway bar is not giving in as much as it's expected, that stress is dissipating somewhere else. Now, it's possible that in your A6 it works fine for now, as it has for a long time. It's possible that it will work just as good if not better on the RS6. However, it's advantages can't just be theorized. They have to be tested and proven that better control was achieved with the upgrade.

I'm not going to dispute things that I either don't understand, nor pretend to. However, I do believe that Hotchkis makes a good product, what seems to be the issue here is that alledgedly a tuner has been selling sway bars and labelling them incorrectly. After all, we heard it from the horse's mouth.

You did mention that with an aftermarket suspension and the sway bar your car handles better than an RS6 in your opinion. I used to have H&R street coilovers and an upgraded sway bar on the S4 I had previously. I have to admit that you are correct in that it did handle better with the upgrade. However, what most folks fail to educate is that these upgrades will cause your car to ride much harsher. Furthermore, it will develop rattles in places you never thought possible. I believe most of the roads around USA are identical if not worse to the ones I see on my daily commute. I travel quite a bit, and I've seen the best and the worst. I have since changed the suspension back on the S4, and I am much happier. Being that the RS6 is my daily driver, I make sure that the incorrect choices made on the S4 were learnt, and not duplicated on my new vehicle.

Do you care to add any new statements?

RS4Ever
September 4th, 2004, 07:00
now i understand.

i kind of got the idea from the name "sway bar" but was still curious.
pretty interesting.
thanks guys.

audirs6sport
September 4th, 2004, 13:53
carbonLORD, I'd like to first start off stating that you are dumb as a bucket. :D

"No. because you are full of BS and never head that either, thats why you asked. I heard a rumor at best from the B5 S4 forum, never confirmed. I have had this system on for an entire year, trouble free, as well as at least a dozen other A6 members which will all attest to the same."

This is actually something my friend told me directly. He owns a vendor, sold a pair of the hkis sway bars to a customer, came back and stated that his axles broke. Whether or not that's a smacking BS statement, I am only QUOTING.

Hotchkis originally started off as a market for the domestic crowd. The founder, John Hotchkis, his son decided to reach out to the European enthusiasts crowd, and came up with the H-sport. Their experience with the European automobiles performance tuning hasn't been long enough to compete against other manufacturers such as H&R. Experience means a lot, particularly in a business where RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT is what it's all about!!!

BTW
"No. because you are full of BS and never head that either"

HEAD THAT EITHER?? :doh:

What the smack is that suppose to mean?
You sure seem like a highly educated person. :D

"Do you have at least one link to back up your BS? They have an exceptional rep on every Audi forum I have come across."

I guess you rely too much on website forum posts for technical information. I've actually met few owners of these hkis sway bars installed on their m3s. For some reason they were not satisfied with their upgrades. Once again, this is something that THEY have stated, NOT ME. I am only trying to encourage others to do further research upon the type of upgrades they would be investing for their vehicles. In addition, hkis DOES have a bad rep in my area, especially among resellers. They have been trying to do some shady business with few local resellers.

"another innacurate post by audirs6sport "do not upgrade the front sway bar. you only upgrade the rear if anything. add a negative camber to front. this will help correct the understeering. if hkis or whoever u are getting it from state that you need to upgrade the front as well and come up with some excuse, that is BS."

You have a great vehicle, too bad you do not understand anything about the dynamics of the suspension to your $85K vehicle. Add negative camber to the fronts? Yeah, if you want to replace your tires and wheel bearings every month."

Yes you sure as hell seem to know a lot about the RS6 DRC system. That's why you stated, "Sure, youhave the best engine and tranny you can throw in a C5 chases, but thats where the similarities end??????" :vhmmm: :nono: My friend, you have a lot to learn. Uneven wearing on the tire treads, yes. THERE IS NO SMACKING FREE LUNCH! Every month? Bit of exaggeration there. I suggest you do some SERIOUS research BEFORE you come back and reply. For a car with under steering problem, you would OBVIOUSLY correct that problem by attempting to create an over steer in order to counteract. If you stiffen the rear, that acts as a pivot point where it would force the front part of the vehicle to twist more, and by adding a negative camber to it, what will happen is during a cornering, the outer line of the wheel where the weights have been shifted to, the tires will end up running flat and even against the pavement. This is CRITICAL!!

Ask anyone in the professional racing world that actually knows what the smack they are talking about. Not some Audiworld forum. TRUST ME, I didn't just make this up. In fact, the gentlemen who've actually explained this to me have more knowledge about high performance suspension setup than anyone of us on this forum has. He does this for a living and has been in the business for a while successfully.

"I'm here to set the record straight, someof these comments are way off. None of you own the sway bar system and rely on rumor and personal opinion from others who also do not have experience with this system, yet."

AND WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU REFERRING TO, IN ORDER TO MAKE A JUDGEMENT STATING THAT THESE COMMENTS ARE WAY OFF??? ANOTHER AUDIWORLD FORUM POST??? LOL They are COMMENTS, not facts being stated. You cannot state someone's comment is right or wrong, who the smack do you think you are? Have some respect for others comments.

"None of you own the sway bar system."

You don't even know half of the people that are on this forum. How can you come up such conclusion? Or did you just pull that nonsense crapper out of your tush? Maybe it's just because you are extremely ignorant. You need to have facts and if not at least proper reasoning to state a conclusion. You obviously don't have the right facts or the proper reasoning, since came up with such unreasonable statement.

"I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but I actually do own one and the system is flawless.¡¨

You sure seem like you are pissed off about me not purchasing your used A6 pair of taillights in the past. ;-) :D YOU, as a pathetic individual, actually owning anything don't mean crap. A 65 year old man can have an amazing race spec suspension setup done to his fancy ride, but doesn't mean he actually knows everything about it. MAYBE he wouldn't even know what exactly a sway bar is!!!
Flawless? LOL we'll see about that in the long run. ;-)

"I can name off at least a dozen people who would agree ad the C5 A6 platform is not all that different from the RS 6."

People who would agree "AD" the C5 A6 platform is not all that different from the RS6?

AD? What ad? LOL

Of course the C5 A6 platform is not all that different from the RS6, the RS6 "IS" built up from a C5 platform chassis. LOL

"Sure, youhave the best engine and tranny you can throw in a C5 chases, but thats where the similarities end."

Throw in a C5 chases? WHAT CHASES??? NO ONE IS CHASING ANYONE HERE!!
LOL

Best engine and tranny?? 5speed tiptronic is the best transmission that you can have on an RS6?? NO SMACKING WAY!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE. I'm sure it's the best transmission out there for the RS6, that's why Champion Racing decided to swap out with a race tuned spec S4 6 speed transmission!!! LOL :hahahehe:

I got a buddy who's a master Audi technician at one of the local dealers from where I currently reside. He has already swapped 3 RS6 transmissions on a STOCK RS6!!!!

"Having an aftermarket system and some although limited experience behind the wheel of an RS 6, I can tell you, my 4.2 with H&R's and H-Sports handles a tad better then a stock RS 6."

I sense a bit of JEALOUSY here LOL. Look, just because you cannot afford an RS6 doesn't mean that you can go out and talk crap about the stock RS6 handling capabilities. I HIGHLY DOUBT that you even had a chance to actually PUSH the beast to its limit. Any stock RS6 can own your slow ass. You're talking about a modified suspension setup VS. a stock factory setup, and bragging that it's any better?? That is something that you would hear from a 19 year old kid with a heavily modified b20 swap in his little Honda Civic hatch saying, "YEAYE! I SMOKED A PORSCHE!!!" If you are trying to get to a conversation about a run for the money, that is off subject issue. $$$ issue doesn't apply to ALL OF US.

I apologize if I sound like a dick, but that's who I am. :p

"Nw all I need is that damn engine ;)"

Either you can't spell worth crap, or you just can't type. Whatever the issue may be, what you need is a new car, not just the engine.

STOP being a freakin RS6 :harass: "wanna be", that is just low.

CHEERS!! :bye: :bye: :bye: :dance: :dance:

*** I edited the fancy commenting on your post dude. Message still works! *** (nene)

carbonLORD
September 4th, 2004, 14:52
"This is actually something my friend told me directly."

One person? Tons of references there.

"He owns a vendor, sold a pair of the hkis sway bars to a customer, came back and stated that his axles broke. Whether or not that's a smacking BS statement, I am only QUOTING."

So you are now simply a 3rd party in quoting BS, very good references.

"BTW
"No. because you are full of BS and never head that either"

HEAD THAT EITHER?? What the smack is that suppose to mean? You sure seem like a highly educated person."

Its "heard", and if you cant figure that out when I write something at 2AM I didnt feel like spell checking, then I question your intelligence.

You "heard" BS, from one person about a "story" from another person.

...Do you have at least one link to back up your BS? They have an exceptional rep on every Audi forum I have come across....

"I guess you rely too much on website forum posts for technical information. I've actually met few owners of these hkis sway bars installed on their m3s."

OK, I heard from BMW owners? LOL wheres your references from Audi owners.

"For some reason they were not satisfied with their upgrades. Once again, this is something that THEY have stated, NOT ME."

Na, you stated it, without reference and again, "because BMW M3 owners say so. LOL

"I am only trying to encourage others to do further research upon the type of upgrades they would be investing for their vehicles."

I am giving these potential customers actuall reference, from someone that has more i common then a BMW M3 owner.

"In addition, hkis DOES have a bad rep in my area, especially among resellers."

Let me guess, joe shmoes M3 shop right?

"They have been trying to do some shady business with few local resellers."

Link, reference, proof? I'll continue to wait.

"Yes you sure as hell seem to know a lot about the RS6 DRC system."

Where did I claim that?

That's why you stated, "Sure, youhave the best engine and tranny you can throw in a C5 chases, but thats where the similarities end??????"

It was a point of reference.

"My friend, you have a lot to learn."

Indeed, which is why I participate on online discussions.

"Uneven wearing on the tire treads, yes. THERE IS NO SMACKING FREE LUNCH! Every month? Bit of exaggeration there."

Perhaps, but it pales in comparison to your exaggerations.

"I suggest you do some SERIOUS research BEFORE you come back and reply."

I suggest you gather some realistic references and some links if you expect the same.

For a car with under steering problem, you would OBVIOUSLY correct that problem by attempting to create an over steer in order to counteract. If you stiffen the rear, that acts as a pivot point where it would force the front part of the vehicle to twist more, and by adding a negative camber to it,"

Too bad the C5 has no camber adjustemet unless you mess with te sub frame.

"Ask anyone in the professional racing world"

Why, when neither you or me have a professional race car.

"You don't even know half of the people that are on this forum."

I dont need to, for a product you do not own or use yourself.

"I can name off at least a dozen people who would agree ad the C5 A6 platform is not all that different from the RS 6."

...mor jokes about spell check. I'll spare the forum.

Best engine and tranny?

I'll leave it up to you to decide.

"I got a buddy"....

Again, another buddy story.

"I sense a bit of JEALOUSY here"...

Not at all, I appreciate that most of the RS 6 components keep my car under OEM warranty and actually fit and work on my A6.

"STOP being a freakin RS6 "wanna be", that is just low."

I wasnt aware I was being a wanna be with wheels that were on a RS 4 and Carbon that was originally in the S6. I do love how muc better the exhaust sounds on a NA engine though.

Go get me some references next time, and stop referencing BMW owners. I can at least find Audi owers, and I will have them join the discussion since the thread relates to H-Sport on Audi products.

Quit bashing H-Sport.

I gotta run.....

*** editor the colourful commenting/quoting*** (nene)

nene
September 5th, 2004, 00:04
Monsieur CarbonLord,
I was hoping that you would take the chance to commend on some of my concers, but I guess you were quite busy answering master 'audirs6sport' comments, that you forgot about mines.
I hope to put some more fancy commenting on my posts to get your attention later. Thanks for both your feedbacks, but please keep it clean eh?

Happy motoring@

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 00:15

...mor jokes about spell check. I'll spare the forum.”

What YOU or your "unfriendly" POS A6 FRIENDS AGREE OR NOT, DOESN’T MEAN SHIT
LOL you sure know how to use that spelling check feature. Mor? It’s MORE YOU DUMB "SMACK"!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p

“Best engine and tranny?

I'll leave it up to you to decide.”

Why backing out now? What happened to your “I KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU GUYS ARE WRONG” attitude?
:D :D :D :D :D :D

“Its "heard", and if you cant figure that out when I write something at 2AM I didnt feel like spell checking, then I question your intelligence.”

Question my intelligence?? YOU NEED A SPELLING CHECKER TO SPELL “HEARD” CORRECTLY???? I am right, you are dumb as a "smacking" bucket!!! LOLOLOLOL
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

“Na, you stated it, without reference and again, "because BMW M3 owners say so. LOL”

You seem to use the word “REFERENCE” often, and I do understand your lack of variable vocabulary knowledge. I NEVER state that I made such comment without reference. I’d rather trust words from people that I personally know and have met, rather than taking words from people on forums that you don’t even know, but you act like you know everything.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

“I am giving these potential customers actuall reference, from someone that has more i common then a BMW M3 owner.”

Potential customers??? LOL you are here trying to sell Hkis POS products right? LOL
You really need to work on your spelling, its “ACTUAL” not actuall. Has more “i” common???
Once again, another questionable statement of meaning behind it.
“Let me guess, joe shmoes M3 shop right?”

:harass:No loser, there is no such thing.

“Link, reference, proof? I'll continue to wait.”
Don’t need to prove, You’re still trying to sell hkis "crap" and I’m not going to fall for your bait, PERIOD.

***edited out the colourful comments; please let's keep it clean*** (nene)

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 00:16

Where did I claim that?”

Which in other words, that means you know jack "BS" about it, and you think you can claim A6 is not much different than RS6???? What a comparison huh? Especially from a dumb "smack" who doesn’t even know what a DRC system is or how it works and claims that he thinks he knows about the differences among RS6 and POS A6.
:nono: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

“That's why you stated, "Sure, youhave the best engine and tranny you can throw in a C5 chases, but thats where the similarities end??????"

It was a point of reference.”

Once again you use the word reference like you don’t even know what that word actually means.

"My friend, you have a lot to learn."

“Indeed, which is why I participate on online discussions.”

Good for you. At least there’s something you do know. :D:D:D:D

"I suggest you do some SERIOUS research BEFORE you come back and reply."

I suggest you gather some realistic references and some links if you expect the same.”

Once again, “links links links.” “Reference reference reference.” Go find that "BS" on your own. If you can that is.
"Ask anyone in the professional racing world"

“Why, when neither you or me have a professional race car.”

Because they are the ones who would know best about high performance setup, not your :harass: Hkis friends.

***edited colourful comments*** (nene)

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 00:17
"You don't even know half of the people that are on this forum."

“I dont need to, for a product you do not own or use yourself.”

If you think you don’t need to, how can you come up and state “NONE OF YOU GUYS OWN IT?” WHERE’S THE REFERENCE TO THAT?? OR YOUR LINKS??? LMAO :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

“I wasnt aware I was being a wanna be with wheels that were on a RS 4 and Carbon that was originally in the S6. I do love how muc better the exhaust sounds on a NA engine though.”

You went out and bought a factory RS6 exhaust to improve the way it sounds? LOL WHAT A WASTE!!! RS4 wheels and Carbon fiber trim from S6. For what? Looks? No matter what you do to it, it’s still only an A6 and seems like what you’ve done here sounds like something that a :harass: poser would do. :) :)

“Not at all, I appreciate that most of the RS 6 components keep my car under OEM warranty and actually fit and work on my A6.”

Dude, I suggest you check back to the original Audi Warrenty Policy. ANY TYPE OF ALTERING/MODIFICATION YOU APPLY TO THE VEHICLE, REGARDLESS OF IT BEING ANOTHER AUDI OEM PART, IT VOIDS THE WARRENTY FOR THAT MATTER INCASE THERE IS A PROBLEM.” Don’t listen to what the others tell you, CHECK THE DOCUMENTS. Once again, what happened to your attitude of where’s the reference? You sure know how to use that word correctly. LOL :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :dance: :dance: :dance:

“Quit bashing H-Sport.”
Ahh so they are your buddies. Well you and your gay friends can go "smack" each other. I'm sorry, but I just love bashing on clowns like you and your friends. :D :D

“Go get me some references next time, and stop referencing BMW owners. I can at least find Audi owers, and I will have them join the discussion since the thread relates to H-Sport on Audi products.”

aww, you're gonna run back to your "unfriendly" friends on audiworld and cry. :harass: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Don’t bring your "unfriendly" A6 friends, in fact go back to where you came from and stop coming back here with more "BS". Stay in Audiworld forum. That’s where you belong. You do not own an RS6, you do not belong here!!!!

:bye2: :bye2: :bye2: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

***edited colourful comments***

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 00:32

R+C

GOOD POINT NORDS!! THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!!!

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 00:37
"I will be taking the Beast down to their headquarters Wednesday morning for the test fit. Again, this is the very first set of Hotchkis sway bars SPECIFIC to the RS 6. Mark felt that the A6 bars will probably work well for the RS 6 but keep in mind they were never DESIGNED for the RS 6 spec suspension! These are!"

As benman stated, a product that is not specifically designed for an RS6, and the seller stating that it's a kit for the RS6. Sounds like a scam to me. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
September 5th, 2004, 02:16
Hi AudiRS6Sport,
I had to change the tone on some of your comments, but I think the correct message still gets across.

Please let's try to keep the conversation more on topic without have to resort to personal bashing. Please...pretty please.

I guarantee you that it's not necessary to go down this road. Just look at one of the posts I found on AW about CarbonLord:
<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/429238.phtml">Trust me, you will like this one</a>

On a side note, I would like to give props to the AW A6 community in the Boston area. They are really cool folks, and always ready to help with info or any modding you need done. I showed up on one of their GTGs and they were all really cool.
I hope you get to meet a few on your local areas as well, and you would be surprised how much some of them are willing to help you out if needed.

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 04:09
My response will take several threads to complete because this forum does not allow more then a certain number of words per response.

While I apologize for the extended posts, they are necessary in order to complete my response.

Sit back, grab soe popcorn and enjoy the show....

audirs6sport....

Did you spend your entire day posting?

Sad.

You seem to hold a high emphasis on spell check, you must have been an English major in college I suppose. You are not important enough for me to even reread my posts or spell check. You can figure it out, I'd hope at least someone as seemingly successful as you would apparently be able to decipher when I type quickly or purposefully forget to add an e, in an attempt to make a sarcastic joke.

(For reference: more jokes about spell check. I'll spare the forum.)

Sorry it went over your head, maybe I should avoid such seemingly difficult sarcasm for both your benefit as well as the forum, so we don't have to endure another 4 posts of ranting from you.

I had things to do today and typed my response fairly quickly as I had family waiting in the hotel lobby, since I am in Philli for my nieces 8th birthday while later writing these responses.

Unfortunately you had no significant points regarding the H-Sport system this round that required rebuttal and your initial "references" are still quite lacking. You seem to rely on hear say from a very limited resource to back your sentiments and although you have nice automobiles, you are clearly as inexperienced as a generic car owner when it comes to resources and reliable information.

I have no affiliation with Hotchkis. I do not sell their products and I didn’t even purchase my H-Sport system from them direct, it was part of a group buy. I am a strong supporter of the system, because I appreciate how it has transformed my vehicle from a sloppy barge to a tight performer.

I’ve never stated my A6 outclassed a RS 6, I suggested that my suspension set up "feels" better in "Handling", not overall performance. If you want a serious opinion on the value of the RS 6, I feel it is not worth its suggested retail, so I will allow you to enjoy your experience and take a fairly large hit when I purchase a pre owned one next year, when my warranty on the 4.2 expires. I'm sorry if you assumed otherwise, indeed I am an Audi enthusiast if that was not apparent from my history with the brand and passion to modify a "POS A6".

You seem to have a hard time being called on your BS statements. You seem to have an even harder time providing any substantial proof to back your hear say from 3rd parties as well. If you were as good at linking or encouraging these supposed customers that have an issue with this system to participate in these discussions as you are with clicking on the mouse to make multiple dumb little animated smiley faces you might actually have a worthwhile point. Instead, you spent your entire day, attempting to make personal attacks, to the point that you had to be moderated several times. While I could rip on you for hours as you have proved to do this afternoon, again, I'll spare the forum and manage my responses without judging a complete stranger on the internet.

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 04:17
Nene, please be specific as to how I can add my suggestions and experiences to further help you and others along with your decision.

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 04:19
audirs6sport, in my traditional style of posting, I will again begin to make my responses based on your posts, I use the term posts loosely as you are borderline of rants.

"What YOU or your "unfriendly" POS A6 FRIENDS AGREE OR NOT, DOESN’T MEAN SHIT LOL you sure know how to use that spelling check feature. More? It’s MORE YOU DUMB "SMACK"!!

What’s the point? You missed it, again. Nice language, totally appropriate and very intuitive regarding the H-Sport system, bravo.

....Best engine and tranny?

I'll leave it up to you to decide.

I suggested that the C5 chases had the best engine and transmission in the RS 6, you argue the point and I leave it up to you to decide since you feel otherwise. Again, what’s the point?

"Why backing out now?"

I wasn’t aware I backed out of anything, only lost sight of the original discussion wasting additional time explaining everything to you.

"What happened to your “I KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU GUYS ARE WRONG” attitude?"

You made a personal assumption and it is apparent that you perceive this attitude, solely because I called you out on your BS statements.

"Question my intelligence?? YOU NEED A SPELLING CHECKER TO SPELL “HEARD” CORRECTLY???? I am right, you are dumb as a "smacking" bucket!!! LOLOLOLO"

Again, a point of no merit or value. I already explained that I did not reread any of my posts before making them, hence my inability to spell check and correct minor spelling errors. Spend more time on the subject at hand and less time quoting BS from your BMW friends and ranting about spelling errors. I do not need spell check for such words, but if I have to continue with this, I'll need to allot several hours posting all day for your benefit.

"You seem to use the word “REFERENCE” often..."

You seem to lack any references, often.

"...and I do understand your lack of variable vocabulary knowledge."

Apparently you have yet to understand anything.

"I NEVER state that I made such comment without reference. I’d rather trust words from people that I personally know and have met, rather than taking words from people on forums that you don’t even know, but you act like you know everything."

I "act" like I know everything? I think because you know very little it is a bit intimidating to you. Especially considering you own such vehicles, I can assume that might be a little embarrassing for you.

...Let me guess, joe shmoes M3 shop right?

"No loser, there is no such thing."

Exactly, there is "no such thing", just like your BS references. Again, it went right over your head.

...Link, reference, proof? I'll continue to wait.

"Don’t need to prove"

Because you cant and your almost all filled up on BS.

"You’re still trying to sell hkis "crap" and I’m not going to fall for your bait, PERIOD."

I'm only selling my personal opinion and sharing my experience, is that too difficult for you to accept? Where do I state I'm selling any H-Sport products? Is that the best you can come up with. You're running out of steam, go back and buy a clue, you most certainly should be able to afford one.

Then you get moderated on the first post, shall we continue or have you had enough yet? Lets do so, moving on....

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 04:22
Your second string of rants:

...Where did I claim that?

"Which in other words, that means you know jack "BS" about it"

No, it means I never claimed to. What exactly do you know about it and if anything other then the abbreviation, please share it with us, and perhaps Hotchkis so they can continue with their research in an attempt to provide you with a product that might make your RS 6 handle as well as a "POS A^" with simple H&R coil overs and the H-Sport system. Do you have something better to provide the general consumer? You cant even provide a reasonable response.

"What a comparison huh? Especially from a dumb "smack" who doesn’t even know what a DRC system is or how it works and claims that he thinks he knows about the differences among RS6 and POS A6."

And what might you know about this DRC system that will enlighten us?

"Once again, “links links links.” “Reference reference reference.” Go find that "BS" on your own. If you can that is."

Oh, I think I’ve already found the BS.

"Ask anyone in the professional racing world. Because they are the ones who would know best about high performance setup, not your Hkis friends."

I have no "friends" at Hotchkis and your lame attempt to sway your inability to provide anything is evident. You cant even spell the companies name, a lame abbreviation, was copy and paste too difficult are you too lazy to spell it like you are as lazy in providing significant resources to back your BS?

Then you were again moderated due to your inability to debate opinions and points. I can only assume sentiments like "POS A6" and "my buddy with an M3 said" are the scope of your mighty wisdom.

In your third rant we have the pleasure of reading even more personal attacks:

"You went out and bought a factory RS6 exhaust to improve the way it sounds?"

I liked the way it looks and sounds, is there something wrong with that? While low end torque was diminished slightly, high end speeds seem to be improved.

"LOL WHAT A WASTE!!!"

I did something to my car that you would never have the ability to achieve. You do realize, I contributed to this modification on my own right? I doubt you have the skill to take a Dremel to any car and make this exhaust fit on another vehicle that did not have a previous exposed exhaust system originally. You are so clueless that you missed the fact the entire system fits the mounts hangers and brackets exactly (aside of the bumper needing to be modified, since I didn’t want a RS 6 rear bumper). Don’t give me any shit either because the B5 A4 has been slapping RS4 front ends on for years, and I'm not that guy, but do know, your special RS 6 and all of its components will fit my "POS A6" due to their more then apparent similarities.

"RS4 wheels and Carbon fiber trim from S6. For what? Looks?"

No, the wheels were a huge improvement over stock with a larger rolling diameter and greater offset, and the 255/40 aspect ratio protected from damage. If I wanted looks, I would have done OEM RS 6 19" 5 spoke wheels, but they weight too much and damage easily.

The Carbon trim? Because I'm the LORD of Carbon genius and without sounding too much like you, I have more Carbon Fiber for the cycling industry then you can imagine. Put it this way, my bicycle collection exceeds the worth of your RS 6 new. Please don’t test me, go to my web site, its my user name flowed by.com and learn a little more about something other then auto's.

"No matter what you do to it, it’s still only an A6 and seems like what you’ve done here sounds like something that a poser would do."

Again, a personal view, but one I can agree on in the sense I'm not the guy with a full bumper and side skirt conversion. There are people with the Avant who have done the full conversion on the S6 because the RS 6 is not available as an Avant in the US and that I can respect. These modifications were not easy to obtain or manage, but they are a nice addition over stock, since 16" wheels, non exposed exhaust tips, quiet sounding cars and brown wood trim are not at all appealing to me. Why else would there be a standard RS 6 exhaust system ad then an "Enhanced Sound" option?

"Dude, I suggest you check back to the original Audi Warrenty Policy."

That’s "WarrAnty", since you want to be an English and grammar fanatic.

"ANY TYPE OF ALTERING/MODIFICATION YOU APPLY TO THE VEHICLE, REGARDLESS OF IT BEING ANOTHER AUDI OEM PART, IT VOIDS THE WARRENTY FOR THAT MATTER INCASE THERE IS A PROBLEM.”

Not true, and I received service many times thanks to sticking with OEM parts. Experience rules, I suggest you get some.

"Don’t listen to what the others tell you, CHECK THE DOCUMENTS."

I listen to what my dealership dictates, and they serviced the vehicle based on this premise.

"You do not own an RS6, you do not belong here"

Who are you to decide? You own one and I'm not even convinced you belong here, unless people like reading a bullshitter bullshit.

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 04:27
Then you are moderated AGAIN, then Nene pulls up a post on AudiWorld that has no significance where I stated I didn’t like Carbon trim on an Acura, because it was faux Carbon but later appreciated the better quality of the Audi product.

No Sherlock required here, that’s why we have Audi's and Audi parts and not Honda's and Acura’s right?

I expended my time in this manner only because I don’t care what kind of car you own, when you bash a product and back up statements with further bullshit, I took the initiative to call you on it.

If you cant stick to the subject, then its you who belongs elsewhere. I'm sure there’s a forum with balding 30 something daddy's boy's spending the families inheritance on cars that you would feel more at home with. Given your level of response I'll assume you can start a new class or category of your own there.

eph94
September 5th, 2004, 05:07
I got tired just READING this stuff.

I guess I should ask the one underlying question that has not been asked yet:

Who has the bigger "dong"??

:eek:

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 05:22
I DO!!!! cause carbonlord is a "girly men" =)

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 05:36
Its about who has the greater experience level and can contribute to questionable discussion.

If you bad mouth a product or company you should have some resources to back up the statement.

You should expect that someone who does actually own the product in question will share their experiences regardless.

audirs6sport does not have any experience with the H-Sport system, yet rely's on hear say from one BMW owner.

Well I'm one Audi owner and you can not argue that the A6 4.2 and RS 6 have more in common then a M3.

Instead of finding these so called people who say Hotchkis is shady or the guy who's axle broke, audirs6sport continues with personal attacks and then bashes not just the H-Sport system but the entire A6 auto and the forum of which have actuall experience with the system you all have questions regarding.

OK, so their is no RS 6 sway bar yet available. Who is better qualified to make comments, a RS 6 owner with NO experience using the H-Sport system or an A6 member that has used it for a year, and recommended it to several dozen other A6 members who share that standpoint?

Who is better qualified to manage a product designed to tighten the handling of your RS 6? Hotchkis or audirs6sport?

Then this guy questions me and makes personal attacks like I'm a know it all?

I know eneough to recognize when a clueless individual spouts off on the keyboard and gets caught up in his self righteous behaviour.

A classic case of, call someone out and watch him resort to curse words and no points of reference..........and I'm supposed to be the person with a "limited vocabulary" and experience?

What a moron.

audirs6sport has great taste in auto's, but thats about all the taste he has.

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 05:39
Originally posted by nene
Hi AudiRS6Sport,
I had to change the tone on some of your comments, but I think the correct message still gets across.

Please let's try to keep the conversation more on topic without have to resort to personal bashing. Please...pretty please.

I guarantee you that it's not necessary to go down this road. Just look at one of the posts I found on AW about CarbonLord:
<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/429238.phtml">Trust me, you will like this one</a>

On a side note, I would like to give props to the AW A6 community in the Boston area. They are really cool folks, and always ready to help with info or any modding you need done. I showed up on one of their GTGs and they were all really cool.
I hope you get to meet a few on your local areas as well, and you would be surprised how much some of them are willing to help you out if needed.

Thanks nene. I really needed a good laugh. I truly apologize for any inconvenience.
I do get carried away sometimes. :( Carbonlord, maybe it took you all day to post your side of the story. Now that’s sad :harass: carbonlord. Especially when it’s meaningless. DRC stands for Dynamic Ride Control. No need to explain how the system works because you wouldn't understand it. Now I will act as a grown up that I am, and end it here with this conversation. It’s been a pleasure guys, I really appreciate it.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Take care! :thumb: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 05:45
You didnt explain shit.

audirs6sport, you dont know me that well, stick to the subject and quit bullshitting and bashing everyone that does not see through your garbage because you own 2 decent cars and think that shit will fly.

If you called me a pussy to my face I'd break your hands and you'd be taking the train to work for a few months.

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 05:51
Originally posted by carbonLORD
You didnt explain shit.

audirs6sport, you dont know me that well, stick to the subject and quit bullshitting and bashing everyone that does not see through your garbage because you own 2 decent cars and think that shit will fly.

If you called me a pussy to my face I'd break your hands and you'd be taking the train to work for a few months.

You don't know who you're dealing with cuz. I'd like to see you even try. LOL I'll get a kick out of it for sure. =) I don't think my cars will fly, they're not jet planes ;) Carbonlord you can shut up now and behave. This conversation is over. Cheers

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 05:53
By the way, I paid for my own cars :D

carbonLORD
September 5th, 2004, 05:53
All of your bullshit and you have the nerve to say "Cheers" to me.

Pray that I dont show up to some GTG one day.

When I do, dont run.

Cheers to that bitch.

audirs6sport
September 5th, 2004, 06:05
Originally posted by carbonLORD
All of your bullshit and you have the nerve to say "Cheers" to me.

Pray that I dont show up to some GTG one day.

When I do, dont run.

Cheers to that bitch.

I will pray that you do show up.
I even dare you to show up.

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

gjg
September 5th, 2004, 08:25
why don't you take this conversation to AW - would go much better with that list ......

avdh
September 5th, 2004, 09:39
Thanks Ben for posting this update on the Hkis Sway Bars.

I am very interested to hear from you once you have the "proper RS6" sway bars installed., specially when it comes to handling and possible lack of comfort.

For those who are still wondering, "sway bar" is the american word for "roll bar" or anti-roll bar" in European English. Maybe someone said this already, but this thread is so long I did not have the patience to read everything.

Erik
September 5th, 2004, 10:06
Thread closed.

Didn't have time to read it all, guess I don't have to. :eye:

Please settle any scores via pm or on the race track. ;)