PDA

View Full Version : BBS Painted and drying!!!

sturs6
May 7th, 2004, 23:09
Here they are. They are drying so I will put them on on Monday morning. Will post mounted pictures Monday night.

Bauer
May 8th, 2004, 00:25
Me likey.....need pics on beast:D :rs6kiss:

sturs6
May 8th, 2004, 02:21
Thanks Bauer,
I am itching to get them on. I feel like it is Christmas all over again and it is toy train I am waiting on. Monday at 10:00 is the mounting schedule time then there will be photos on this thread and in the gallery.
-Stuart

Klint
May 8th, 2004, 03:38
Soooo sexual indeed.

Can't wait to see them mounted! :D Please no delays with getting a good pic. ;) :thumb:

What rubber are you fitting -btw?

Thanks Stuart..

krm
May 8th, 2004, 05:48
Looks stunning, Stu! Great choice of wheels and color.

Looking forward to those pics!

:cheers:

sturs6
May 8th, 2004, 12:08
Originally posted by Klint
Soooo sexual indeed.

Can't wait to see them mounted! :D Please no delays with getting a good pic. ;) :thumb:

What rubber are you fitting -btw?

Thanks Stuart..
There will be good pictures Monday night no waiting...
They will be equipped with Michelin PS2's 255/35-19 YR:wo:
-Stuart:addict:

highrustler
May 8th, 2004, 14:10
Sturs6 -

I went with the same setup a month ago. If you must run the PS2's, you will need spacers on the front wheels because the tires will rub the steering linkage at 10:00 and 2:00. Reason: the PS2 has a very wide cross section, which is wider than any other 19" in the 255/35-19 catagory. In addition to rubbing, the PS2 was LOUD. I did try a 3mm spacer (provided by the Tire Rack) and got bad vibrations at 60mph and above.

I returned the PS2's in exchange for the PZero's and the fit was better (no spacer required) plus the ride was much quieter and NO VIBRATION. This entire expereince was news to the Tire Rack and BBS.

James

sturs6
May 8th, 2004, 22:51
James thanks for the heads up. I do not want Vibrating. I have had it for 18,000 miles on my dunlops. I wish I had known sooner.

highrustler
May 9th, 2004, 04:00
Just stick with the PZero’s or Conti SC2 and you will be fine. I hope I saved your freshly painted wheels from an unnecessary mount/dismount. Trust me… the 19” PS2’s are so damn loud, you’ll be glad you chose a different tire. I still think the CH is the best looking wheel available for the RS6… at any price! I’m looking forward to your photos!

PS ~

I thought I posted the PS2 clearance problem in a past BBS CH thread, sorry you missed it.

James

Klint
May 9th, 2004, 05:59
James,

The information you've shared should be of good value.

Has Michelin replaced the Pilot Sport with the second generation or is the PS2s a whole new range of tyre?

Still, looking forward to the pictures, Stuart. :thumb:

sturs6
May 9th, 2004, 12:51
James,

The information you've shared should be of good value.

... Still, looking forward to the pictures, Stuart. :thumb:
This is what I love about this website there is so much valuable information.
Klint this may put adelay on the photos but I hope not. They will be here ASAP.
-Stuart

highrustler
May 9th, 2004, 14:54
The Pilot Sport 2's are a second generation Pilot Sport. I don't know if Michelin is replacing the 1st version or if both will continue to be available.

james

7:53 RS6
May 10th, 2004, 14:36
Nice choice of rims. Sturs6! Just like higrustler say ist just fine whit the conti sc2 and no spacer. I Have CH and Conti and love them aswell. If spacers are used make sure the longer bults are used.It hapened to me once that they put the short in :vhmmm:

Erik
May 10th, 2004, 14:38
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
If spacers are used make sure the longer bults are used.It hapened to me once that they put the short in :vhmmm:

Correct! The bolts they used on your car were very dangerous!

sturs6
May 10th, 2004, 14:56
We are trying to track down a set of Pzero Rosso's I think!!!

Klint
May 10th, 2004, 21:19
Hey Stuart,

What are you going to use the current set of wheels for? :confused: A set of snows? :p

sturs6
May 10th, 2004, 22:17
Hey Stuart,

What are you going to use the current set of wheels for? :confused: A set of snows? :p
Coffee table and speaker stands.
:hihi: :thumb:

Klint
May 10th, 2004, 22:36
Originally posted by sturs6
Coffee table and speaker stands.
:hihi: :thumb:

hahaha, Ingenius solution. :D

I currently use a M5 rim around my room for the odd seat, ornament and table. Comes in as a rather useful piece of furniture. :)