PDA

View Full Version : X-post - New 18"x 8.5" 5-spoke RS 6 replica rims installed - Finally!!

ZCD2.7T
May 7th, 2004, 13:53
So, while it may not be an RS 6, it at least RESEMBLES one!

Lots o' pics, at that "other" forum. ;)

Hope you like it!

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/381251.phtml

Erik
May 7th, 2004, 13:58
It looks great!

I have seen the same setup on A4s and it looks amazingly good.

Any plans on lowering the car?

ZCD2.7T
May 7th, 2004, 14:10
Thanks, Erik.

Actually, the car is already lower than it was stock. I installed the spring/shocks from a 2003 2.7T a couple of months ago. Lowered it by about 1" (2.54cm) all the way around, and REALLY firmed up the handling as compared to my stock non-sport, high-rider original suspension.

I'm really not sure what VAG was thinking when they spec'd that original suspension, because it rode (and handled) more like a Buick than like a Euro sporty sedan.

I'm happy with the looks, ride, handling and the wheel gap now, so no, I don't plan to lower it any more.

Not that it wouldn't look even better if it WERE lower, but I'm not going that route.

Finnus
May 7th, 2004, 20:31
ZCD2.7T,

Nice wheels - both in the literal and in the larger sense of the phrase!

Finnus
:addict: :addict: :addict:

ZCD2.7T
May 7th, 2004, 21:56
Thenk yew, sir! :thumb:

Aronis
May 9th, 2004, 00:40
Nice wheels, but I thought the RS6 wheels were the 9 spoke ones?

Mike

Audihead
May 9th, 2004, 03:32
Originally posted by Aronis
Nice wheels, but I thought the RS6 wheels were the 9 spoke ones?

Mike

ZCD2.7T
May 9th, 2004, 03:37
Yep, "Bimmerhead" is right - this is the standard "Avant" wheel in Europe!!!

No matter - it's the wheel I wanted most from the first time I saw it. Also, the optional 19" sedan wheel in Europe (as I understand it) is this pattern.

I MUCH prefer it to the 9 spoke US Rs 6 wheels (no offense meant to those who own those wheels...I like them, too, but not as much.)

:addict: