PDA

View Full Version : Popstar with good taste!

Reno
December 30th, 2002, 13:00
Not only nick Mason of pink floyd, but also the leadsinger of jamiroquai:alig: has good taste when it comes to cars:D I heard he has some other exotics too!!

:rs4addict

Reno
December 30th, 2002, 13:06
An article on the web about jay kay buying an RS4!!!

"Jay Kay buys 14th car
December 13, 2000: POP star Jay Kay has splashed out on yet another high performance sports car bringing the total number of cars he owns up to a massive 14.
Jay, lead singer of the multi-million selling band Jamiroquai, is now the proud owner of a £46,500 Audi RS4 Avant which its designers say is the most powerful high performance estate car on Britain's roads. "

:deal: He said: "What I love about the RS4 is that it encompasses everything I require in a vehicle, namely that it is devastatingly fast, supremely practical and feels absolutely sure-footed in all weather. I love it." :D

:rs4addict

Snow
December 30th, 2002, 20:11
I'm not too sure, but doesn't he own a Diablo too? Maybe he's starting a family... :)

krabu
December 30th, 2002, 21:42
I've heard Jamiroquai was planing to join the 2002 Gumball Rally...
...but he never showed up... :(
...or was it Maximillion who only was talking? :eye:
Anyway, I've also heard he got a nice stable.

krm
December 31st, 2002, 04:19
Originally posted by krabu

...or was it Maximillion who only was talking? :eye:

I think it was purely PR talk to attract more participation. I was at the Gumball New York sendoff, didn't even see any celebrities, only some unknown rich people (to me anyways) with money to burn. Recognized the two car convoy of playmates though! :hihi:

Snow
December 31st, 2002, 13:10
If you were their I have a questions for you. Did you see the Jackass Team? Last year they said they would participate, and as a big fan I wonder if they really did?

krabu
December 31st, 2002, 13:20
Originally posted by Snow
If you were their I have a questions for you. Did you see the Jackass Team? Last year they said they would participate, and as a big fan I wonder if they really did?

Well, the Jackass serie is no longer active - I think they recorded the last episode in the begining of 2002 so it wount be any Jackass Gumball 2003 Special.
But I think Johnny Knoxville participated since I know he's an old friend of Maximillion...

Snow
December 31st, 2002, 13:25
Yes, I know they aren't active anymore, but I put my last hopes that they indeed would release a special, and they said they were going to participate.. :( Well, thanks anyway!

Klint
July 5th, 2004, 01:20
Found this thread...

Both Nick Mason and Jay Kay are avid car enthusiasts. but the most impressive stable has to go to Nick Mason.

I recall A board member on the m5board.com called Adam, was given the chance to go for a ride in Nick Mason's Mclaren F1 GTR, reg, K40 ???...Now that is generous!! Top guy. He races a Ferrari 250 GTO in a classic series aswell! So, it shows that he is enthusiastic about driving the cars as much as he is into the cars themselves.

His stable comprises of many ex-rally cars, and some modern specialities, very nice! I think EVO magazine published an article on his car collection some years ago.

As for Jay Kay, what can I say?!? An absolute top guy when it comes to cars, even crashed a G55 into a river for fun. :D

He's had Diablos too, but at the set for one of his music videos someone wrote off his SE30 edition... Most recently Jay Kay has aquired an Enzo in green with matching interior (:confused: ), along the many Mercedes Benz' AMGs and Ferraris including a F40.

nyrs6
July 5th, 2004, 19:26
Anybody know if anyone famous besides for my dad :D has a RS6

Nordschleife
July 5th, 2004, 19:38
A surprising number of famous people have RS6s - of course in the US, you don't rate soccer players, skiers, Formula One drivers, or "Furrin'" Heads Of State - so they ain't so famous to you!
You always see a few in Monaco.

R+C

steve
July 5th, 2004, 20:59
Yep, Jay Kay also has the, according to him, only in the world, purple RS6 Avant:D

rdpg_Oktane
July 8th, 2004, 07:00
Ronaldo owns a RS6

Mr Balsen
July 8th, 2004, 10:10
Alain Prost drives a RS6 sedan.

Cheers,
Frederic

nyrs6
July 8th, 2004, 17:11
never heard of these names. Are they famous people in Europe

nene
July 8th, 2004, 18:57
You never heard of the singers, the soccer player, or the F1 driver? All or just a couple of them you have not heard of?

Ronaldo is a Brazilian soccer player that plays for Real Madrid I believe.

Alain Prost is a retired F1 car driver. When I was a teenager in the 80's, my favorite driver was Nelson Piquet. Alain Prost was one of those drivers I did not like. But he was extremely good.

Well...the singers, they are famous here as well. But it all comes down to what you like right? If you don't follow F1, or soccer, or certain types of music, you won't know the top performers!

lukegarratt
July 9th, 2004, 08:37
Originally posted by rdpg_Oktane
Ronaldo owns a RS6

Raul drives one too. Real Madrid is part sponsored by Audi, so I think they (well, at least the galacticos) were each allowed to choose from a range of Audis. Most chose the S4 apparently.

http://www.audi.com/com/en/experience/events/football/real_madrid/real_madrid.jsp

Benman
July 12th, 2004, 03:49
Originally posted by rdpg_Oktane
Ronaldo owns a RS6
As well as Schuey. Uses it as airport transportation:D
Ben:addict:

BCR
July 12th, 2004, 23:47
Ronaldo has a silver M3 in Brazil.

Regards

krm
July 13th, 2004, 09:07
The German club Bayern Munich is sponsored by Audi as well. There were some pics posted in the RS6 forum which showed Oliver Kahn and his teammates posting next to a RS6.

http://www.audi.com/com/en/experience/events/football/fc_bayern/fc_bayern.jsp

Erik
July 28th, 2004, 16:17
Ozzy has a black Bentley Continental GT...

Bauer
July 28th, 2004, 18:14
Ben Bauer has a Ebony RS6 and Jennifer Bauer has an Ebony S8 :D :D :dance:

bilbozilla
July 28th, 2004, 20:41
Originally posted by Bauer
Ben Bauer has a Ebony RS6 and Jennifer Bauer has an Ebony S8

Yeah, I heard about those guys. Definitely famous.

nyrs6
July 30th, 2004, 03:48
which show were they on again? :vhmmm: