PDA

View Full Version : Who can follow the RS6 USA launch?

Erik
December 30th, 2002, 01:07
Anyone here who can follow the launch of the RS6 in the USA?
And maybe get some pictures or 'live' update from the show?

I guess it will be released officially in early January at the exhibition.

Thanks in advance! :king:

Benman
December 31st, 2002, 03:25
i wish i could but the car won't be shown at l.a.

anyone near detroit?

mfspolo
December 31st, 2002, 03:43
i live about 20 minutes away from detroit(goin 120):addict:

i will def. take hella lot pics and hopefully i can take of work for it:bow:

Benman
December 31st, 2002, 16:19
if you could it would be much appreciated.
also i'm interested to see if audi is going to release official
pricing @ the show.

thanks in advance!:addict:

quattro
January 1st, 2003, 13:38
Originally posted by mfspolo
I will def. take hella lot pics and hopefully i can take of work for it

Don't forget a powerful flash, taking good pictures is usually quite hard in shows.

famoroso
January 3rd, 2003, 00:08
The North American Press Introduction for the RS6 (and the new S4 / S4 Avant for that matter) is in a couple weeks in Arizona. I am attending and I'll let you know the dirt if there is any.

Erik
January 3rd, 2003, 12:08
Originally posted by famoroso
The North American Press Introduction for the RS6 (and the new S4 / S4 Avant for that matter) is in a couple weeks in Arizona.

Thanks Frank. It would be very appreciated.

For the S4 we're working on our own little 'press-release' which will be ready before the weekend we hope :)

Erik
January 6th, 2003, 16:49
The A8 4.2L at Detroit 2003

Benman
January 13th, 2003, 16:33
frank,

what are the dates for the arizona show. i'm thinking about
attending but i'd like to know where and when the show is
first before i drive out . the la auto show didn't have to
much to say about the rs6:vsad2:

thanks in advance:addict:

famoroso
January 14th, 2003, 02:27
Benman,

The AZ gig is a press event and not open to the public. Sorry.

Mr. Fru-T Pants
January 14th, 2003, 08:31
Ahh, Frank...always too cool for school... :cool:

How's it going, man? Talked to Robin recently?
Btw, enjoyed the vid clips of you guys drooling
over the exhaust note of the sedan like rabid
lupine animalia. What color are you ordering, anyway,
out of curiosity?

Patrick

famoroso
January 14th, 2003, 17:12
Hey Fru-T!

Now, now. I was just being gracious.

Things are going well (particularly considering that this time next week I’ll be driving RS6s and neu S4s). I am excited to see how the RS6 compares to what I remember from my drive last June (particularly at AZ’s ~1,000 foot elevation, with only one or two of us in the car). To be honest I am bummed about the lack of an Avant, Recaro interior, piano black trim, Nav Plus, etc..

Spoke to Robin the other day. He posts to this forum on occasion under le nom de plume of Nordschliefe.

Yep, the ride / drive back in June was an amazing opportunity. I was giggling like a fool (as you can hear from the clips) it was so impressive.

I actually have two deposits here in the states, but I am thinking about not taking delivery (or taking delivery and flipping one, or both), waiting a while and importing an Avant (hence the petition that I wrote on Petition Online http://www.petitiononline.com/RS6A/petition.html) set up to my liking (having it my way as Burger King would say here in the states):

Avant with Navigation Plus (TV Tuner), Matte Black Exterior trim, Piano Lacquer trim, Solar Sun Roof, 19” Wheels, quattro Sports Exhaust (matte black), Perforated Brake Disks, Body Color Rear Mirrors,
Alcantara interior (including Steering Wheel and Gear Selector?), etc..

And of course Daytona Grau on Anthracite (with contrasting piping)!

Anyway, assuming I can get on-line next Monday evening, I’ll provide the forum with real time details. That being said, there are supposed to be a number of Audi and q GmbH honchos at the event, if there are any questions that you guys would like me to ask please email them to me at frank@s-cars.org.

See ya!

Nordschleife
January 14th, 2003, 17:52
Frank
Having lived with Alcantara - never again, it does not breathe. I would go for all leather seats, black and dark grey, or dark grey and light grey.
The interior looks better with a grey rather than silver roof lining, and don't forget the solar sunroof if you are going to leave the car outside at any time.
Do ask the launch team why the car has such poor brakes, and when are they going to change them. Poor as in pads catch fire, rotors warp, no effective cooling.

HTH
R+C

Mr. Fru-T Pants
January 14th, 2003, 18:16
Sounds great , Frank. Good to know Robin is still around. I have seen his posts, and I'm glad
you ratted him out as to his identity. I'm jealous you get to go to Arizona. I'm sure it'll be blast.
Definitely keep us informed.

Sadly, the Avant issue is a relatively moot point, as I'm sure you know. Petitions never hurt,
and for sure, Len could change his tune. Hell, they keep upping the ante with the number of
cars they say they are bring over. 860, 999, 1100, all of which were numbers "cast in stone"
at one point or another. Who knows anymore?!?! Better yet, who cares? Just give me the durn car.
:) Geez, just bring them over here without rear bumpers, and we can make our own. I know Robin
can hook you up in some aspects, but the money required to import seems to be off the hook.
I can't justify the extra expense at this point. Maybe if a couple of investments pay off...

You may want to speak with Bob Hamme at Stratmosphere. He is definitely getting one imported
as well, and he may have found a cost-effective loophole or way of doing it. I didn't go into
specifics with him the other day, but it's being modded at O.CT's facility in Austria before being
delivered. I have thought of pursuing that avenue as well, especially since the cars aren't selling
as well as expected overseas. Might be able to get a deal a little later on, who knows? You know I
would rather have the Avant, so if you find out anything, let me know, would you? I want the clone of yours,
apparently, save the mirrors, discs, and interior trim. Stoptechs will go on mine in all likelihood.
And I just love the aluminum on my S, and I think I'll stick with it. I'd love to have the Recaro's, though.
Oh, and Bob is having a 6-speed manny mated to the car as well!
:MTM:

I've got the 200 Avant going in for surgery today. A buddy of mine and I are RS2'ing the exhaust
manifold and switching out the turbo to a K26/TO4E, with an RS2 MAF as well. 2Bennett will be doing
the extra programming. I held my own against an E36 M the other day, and now I will crush his head
like a ripe tomato...at least in a straight line(although the suspension is well tuned). :)

Anywho, have much funness at the press show, take lots of pics, and I'll check out the petition.
Be good, change your underwear regularly, floss behind your ears, and give the wife a kiss
for me;)

Fru-T

Erik
January 14th, 2003, 19:30
Originally posted by Mr. Fru-T Pants
Oh, and Bob is having a 6-speed manny mated to the car as well!

Hmm...true or not? Any more details?

Mr. Fru-T Pants
January 14th, 2003, 20:11
Hi Erik,
Yes, supposedly it's true but VERY expensive. The install should run
with parts to about 10k quid, $15k U.S., or perhaps a bit more. There
is a former test mule in the NE U.S., owned by one of the AoA execs
which was in Tennessee for a time. It was a 4.2 badged A6, but had
the 4.2TT mated to a 6-speed manual under the hood. Findings showed
eventually(from what I've heard through the grapevine), that the
automatic was quicker, so they went with the auto. But it (the mule),wasn't running
production boost levels(18PSI), and was running at about a 0-60 pace of 4.2 ticks.
My buddy actually got to ride in it. :)
I'm not sure if they(O.CT) are using a rebuilt/stock RS4 tranny or what.
I didn't go into the specifics. The guy who's getting the car fitted
will be waiting a while before his car is delivered, anyway, so I'm sure you can email him for more info
as time goes on (info@stratmosphere.com). His name is above. If it was a
cost-effective mod I'd jump on it in a second, but alas, methinks my cash can be spent more
appropriately. At least until I decide to go above 600 or so in hp. Btw,
I checked out that B&B site. Their Stage 4 tuning package is pretty sick
if its numbers are verifiable. 14.5 seconds to 124mph...hmmm. Anyway, they
supposedly beef up the existing tranny to handle the monstrous torque.
No prices, though, as the kit is still being finalized.

Peace,
Fru-T