PDA

View Full Version : Windows Fogging

Johfra
May 6th, 2004, 05:18
I searched the board and couldn't find this problem. I have basically every option in my RS6, and I think the Warm Weather Package may be causing the interior of my windows to fog when the car is parked while raining.

It's frustrating when you drive somewhere and park, come back to the car and the inside windows are completely fogged over. Running the defroster will clear the windows after about 3-4 minutes.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I spoke to my dealre and they are going to look into it at my 10K check up.

Klint
May 6th, 2004, 11:13
Hey Johfra,

There was a thread by board member "AlanN" on the same subject not too long ago. I'm not sure if the problem was rectified or not? :confused:

Anyway, I dug out the thread: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4004

:thumb:

sturs6
May 6th, 2004, 12:04
Klint, I think that is a different problem.
Johfra, It is amazing that you posted this, I was going to post it yesterday but had to leave the house. I have the same problem and it is bad and I do not like it. I was thinking of finding the fuse and pulling it. When that summer package kicks in it blows outside moist air into the car and it mainly comes from the windshield vent I think because they fog first. But it dirves me nuts:w: because when I get in the car I have to spend a few minutes defogging the car before I can drive it.
:vhmmm:

Johfra
May 6th, 2004, 13:40
Thanks, STURS6. I read through the thread and although the initial post is my experience, but I know it is not a leak of any sort. I have my car washed almost every week, and the only time it occurs is when I am parked outside during rain and the rest of the interior is dry.

Klint- I spoke to my one of my dealers (car, that is :hahahehe: ), and they will be looking at this issue on my 10k check-up. I told him that we need to do it during a rain storm so they can see it occur.

He also told me that the blower (which does not include the AC) is supposed to kick in around 85 degrees outside temp. But, I'm in the NE also and most of the rain we have had is occuring while the temp is below 70 degrees.

How many others have experienced this? My dealer is interested in finding out and so am I.

I can always put windshield wipers on the inside or I can carry a squeegie :D

coopsrs6
May 7th, 2004, 05:54
I have had same problem since delivery in Nov. 5k service soon & will ask dealer(car) about this. My car fogs in 55 degree rain or wash.:confused:

Bauer
May 7th, 2004, 17:21
You know now that I think about it my problem may have been before the windshield replacement I had. These symptoms sound very familiar but has not rained here is a while so I out of site out of mind. I will have to ask my dealer about it.