PDA

View Full Version : Some details on the next generation TT...

CarbonFibre
May 3rd, 2004, 01:28
It will be built on an aluminum spaceframe and it will be slightly less than one ton lighter than the current TT. It will incorporate the "shield" grill as well.

On a side note, no RS4 mkII until B7 A4 chassis.
http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1054105.phtml

This is from a reliable source by the way.

Klint
May 3rd, 2004, 23:09
Interesting, I actually think the current looks with the soon-to-be Audi trademark grill would look rather good!

So there isn'tgoing to be a RS4 based on the current egeneration A4/S4 platform? :cry:

Thanks for the information...:thumb:

tailpipe
June 3rd, 2004, 19:56
I don't believe your information is correct about there being no RS4 mark II until the B7 chassis. UK dealers and the UK motoring press all report that a new RS4 will debut next March 2005. It has been discussed extensively elsewhere on this site.

There is likely to be quite a gap between the last iteration of the the current RS6, (the RS6 Plus Avant version), which ceases production this year and the arrival of a new version based on the latest A6 model just released. The timeframe I'm hearing is 2006/ 2007. Therefore, Audi needs a new performance flagship model to fill the gap. Moreover, given the success of the B5 RS4 and B6 S4 models, it makes sense to launch a follow-up model. Your information may be based on tow possible pieces of information:

1. The next RS4 may not be coming to the US market for some reason

2. The current B6 platform is due to be updated later this year (September). It may be much more than a facelift. According to Autobild, the revisions to the B6 are so substantial that the revised model needs a new platform designation, consequently Audi will call rename the A$ platform as the B7.

If you are correct, then i think there'll be a lot of disappointed customers.

itisme
June 3rd, 2004, 20:03
I think 2. is right.

From what I heard, Audi juses work internal (german: Werksintern) B7 for the facelift as a label