PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Law

Sohoboy
May 3rd, 2004, 00:06
Does anyone know an attorney who might be familiar with Massachusetts' Lemon Law?

RS6 in for repair 4x, total of 11 days in first 3 months of ownership for significant electrical issue. Service Tech told me, "We have exhausted all possible scenarios for fixing your car." Gee, thanks. Audi USA and Axel Mees have completely dropped the ball as well. Unbelievable! :cry:

To add insult to injury, my last valet tag number at the dealer was '666'... get me a priest to exorcise this thing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JAXRS6
May 3rd, 2004, 02:14
I don't know any MA attorneys, but you should have received a booklet -- one of 4 or 5 that came with your car -- which has a page or so on each state's procedure for complaints. That should help get you started. But be careful; I noticed when reading mine that it said Michigan has a lemon law but didn't mention one for Florida, when in fact both of those states have lemon laws (or so I've been told).

I started a lemon law thread in January under Off Topic. It hasn't seen much action, but you should check it out & maybe contribute later as you find things out:

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3112&highlight=lemon=laws

I've since found out that in Michigan at least, some sort of letter must be written in advance of filing a lemon suit. I hate to hear this is happening to you, but it might happen to others of us too... so I wish you well & hope you'll keep us posted!

RobertV
May 3rd, 2004, 12:37
Link to MA lemon laws (http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/MA_lemonlaw.html)

schackman
May 3rd, 2004, 13:33
Originally posted by Sohoboy
Does anyone know an attorney who might be familiar with Massachusetts' Lemon Law?

RS6 in for repair 4x, total of 11 days in first 3 months of ownership for significant electrical issue. Service Tech told me, "We have exhausted all possible scenarios for fixing your car." Gee, thanks. Audi USA and Axel Mees have completely dropped the ball as well. Unbelievable! :cry:

To add insult to injury, my last valet tag number at the dealer was '666'... get me a priest to exorcise this thing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im in the same boat here in Indiana....bought the car in Illinois.

My RS6 has been in the shop 27 days of April. Only drove the car 3 times. I sent a formal E-mail response last week, called Audi and told them of my problems, called American Express for an inquiry and stop pay, and finally got my attorney to start the process.

My issue is that the car had 300 miles on it when I bought it.....it broke down and went in with 580 miles.....picked it up after 3 weeks and the next day it just gave up (wouldnt run, rough idle, trans popping)

After 280 miles and 3 days of driving this car is a LEMON.
Anyway legal advice is the way to go, especially with all the paper work and follow up thats entailed.

I also gave the dealer until TODAY 5/3/04 to formally make restitution before attornys get involved..............I will see if they stand by their Product, because as a Consumer, this is not right.
You dont spend that kind of $$$$ to have headaches.

Although they do occur at times, is why we have the Lemon Laws.
And Illinois has a very good statute of lemon laws. I will let the Attorney handle it.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !

...............By the way, I posted the same scenario here last week, after I decided to sell the car to purchase another Itallian car, but did not because of all the problems with the RS6..............

They SHUT THE THREAD DOWN because one of the members here, in his opinion thought that "something smelled fishy" and that I must have been a "Troll" out to downplay the RS6................

And I thought Forums like this were to express the RS6........regardless ??????:vhmmm: :argue:

JP4
May 3rd, 2004, 14:43
Originally posted by schackman
Im in the same boat here in Indiana....bought the car in Illinois.

My RS6 has been in the shop 27 days of April. Only drove the car 3 times.

My issue is that the car had 300 miles on it when I bought it.....it broke down and went in with 580 miles.....picked it up after 3 weeks and the next day it just gave up (wouldnt run, rough idle, trans popping)

:vhmmm: :argue:

With that many miles on the clock, I'd be willing to bet a substantial sum of money that your car was trashed by "test drives" by people at the dealer and potential customers. You just know that the car was NEVER warmered up or cooled down properly before and after running it hard. Also it's a lead pipe cinch that the proper break-in procedures were not followed. :w:

Unfortunately it would be virtually impossible to prove this. Maybe the VAG tool could generate sum data as to what went on inside the engine that may have damaged it and or the turbo's.

I wish you luck with this. And I hope Audi steps up to the plate and makes it right for you.

Sincerely,

JP4

nene
May 3rd, 2004, 15:13
... that "something smelled fishy" ...

:p Sounds like a personal problem to me!!!! :p

On a serious note, all the replies you posted on that thread did sound as if a troll had written it. I am truly sorry if indeed it is a serious manner to you.

Your poor sentence structure, as well as your use of capital letters in almost 90% of your posting made it sound as if you were younger than my nephew.
On top of that, you come off guns blazing with the use of foul language, clearly upset over the transmission being ruined.
Personally I'd take the issue up with the dealership and see where it takes me. If indeed it comes to the conclusion that the problem was not addressed properly, then you can rant about it here.

I do agree that we should share all information possible in this medium, but please curtail some of the emotional baggage.
I'd be extremely pissed if my $85K purchase were to be in the same situation after 500 miles. But I would have approached it a bit differently. Always give a chance for the dealer to make it right. If that does not work, then go all out.

Because you already started the transmission fix procedure with emotions on the sleeve, it was all going downhill from there!

Sohoboy
May 3rd, 2004, 15:15
Audi step up to the plate? Good luck. I was told by Audi regional engineer that i would have to wait until some time in June (that would have been about 9 weeks at time he told me) for someone to diagnose the problem. 9 weeks!?! Give me a break.

I sent a letter directly to Mr. Axel Mees (head of Audi USA) requesting his assistance in resolving the issue, and that he personally 'step up to the plate' and see that the problem is resolved quickly and satisfactorily. The only acknowledgement that I received was a signature receipt from the post proving that my letter was received by his office.

Audi's response (or lack of) to this issue has been completely unacceptable. Good thing we have consumer protection laws

JAXRS6
May 3rd, 2004, 17:01
Originally posted by schackman
(I) called American Express for an inquiry and stop pay....
You dont spend that kind of $$$$ to have headaches.[/B]

Shackman, why were you spending money at all? Isn't your RS6 under warranty?

schackman
May 3rd, 2004, 18:24
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Shackman, why were you spending money at all? Isn't your RS6 under warranty?

The money I spent was out of my pocket at the purchase.

$17,000 on my AMEX and the rest on a cashiers check. The vehicle is paid for.

AMEX stands by their card holders.

Johfra
May 6th, 2004, 05:06
I had an electrical issue with mine as well, but the car has been great since I got it. It did only have a couple of miles on it so I was the only driver.

My car was in for around 10 days, and turned out to be the retractable steering column linching the electric harness and dropping the voltage.

They re-wired and now everything is fine. Audi threw me a $150 gift cert for their catalog and a loaner. Good luck with it.

noushy
May 7th, 2004, 03:14
It is quite unusual for an Audi to have this many problems. I have had mine since it was new, around 50 miles on the clock. It was never driven at the dealership except by the mechanic who did the prep. I have driven mine gently for the first 1000k miles and most of the time since. I do drive it agressively from time to time, but always allow the turbos to cool before parking (the oil that is). Mine has been flawless except for the onstar thing which was fixed a few weeks ago. It is quite possible that yours was abused but then again, the engine is still quite solid, and built very well by the uk boys. I cannot imagine what kind of abuse would give you all this car trouble. Just let the dealer handle it, and if they cannot, then address it with AOA. Audi is going to stand behind their 90k car, believe me. They will find a way to make things right. I also agree with my colleagues, coming in hot headed is not going to help. Be firm but polite. It will get you much further in life.

Noushy