PDA

View Full Version : Nav For RS6. Japanese Unit.

khoren
April 30th, 2004, 23:49
Hello My RS6 owners.

I want some feedback on this.

I have found a supplier that will bring the Japanese Nav Unit for the RS6 In the USA for Est. $2,870.00 But I am not sure if it comes with Any DVD's for the USA.

And also the supplier is selling the floormats for the RS6 for Est. $743.40

Are you guys intrested ?
Shoud I get pics of the Floormats ?

Give me your feedback.

Thanks,
Khoren

jgun81
May 1st, 2004, 04:20
floormats for $743?
:confused:
isn't that kinda expensive?

May 1st, 2004, 08:32
Originally posted by khoren
Hello My RS6 owners.

I want some feedback on this.

I have found a supplier that will bring the Japanese Nav Unit for the RS6 In the USA for Est. $2,870.00 But I am not sure if it comes with Any DVD's for the USA.

And also the supplier is selling the floormats for the RS6 for Est. $743.40

Are you guys intrested ?
Shoud I get pics of the Floormats ?

Give me your feedback.

Thanks,
Khoren

feedback = :harass:

vBob
May 1st, 2004, 17:19
Unless Audi Japan has drastically changed the supplier, the Japanese DVD Navigation Plus units will not work overseas because it's quite proprietary.

The Japanese NavPlus unit is light years ahead of U.S. Euro NavPlus units in terms of display options, operations, etc. But it feeds on DVD-ROM which is just coming out for the Euro market (RNS-E units made by Balupunkt, I believe). I doubt the DVD-ROM is even usable in the Japanese NavPlus.

Just pass -- it's useless in any place other than Japan.

If you want coolness factor, try looking at the RNS-E units available in Euro market. I'm contemplating this one. It may well be the Blaupunkt Chicago navi's software will work with it. It also got MMC/SD card slot to play MP3 in addition to the MP3 contained in CD-R/CD-recordable.

grizzly
May 1st, 2004, 21:02
sorry Bob,
your Info is not Right.
Audi's new DVD Navi is not from Blaupunkt.
It is totally different to RNS-E which is installed in actual VW's.

Manufacturer is Aisin. is a Japanese Brand.