PDA

View Full Version : Other Drivers Annoyed with Headlamps??

JKN
April 28th, 2004, 04:51
I've only had my car for a week or so, but I've noticed that my low beams have been pissing off a few folks here and there as they think that I have high beams on...

I recently was at the dealer to pick something up and asked and they guy shrugged and said.. "yeah, the xenon lights..."

You guys experiencing the same thing or am I just over sensitive?

:argue:

JAXRS6
April 28th, 2004, 06:40
I got flashed at a few times in my first couple months of ownership, but it has happened only once in the past six months. Don't know why it slowed down, but our xenons will seem bright to drivers of low vehicles.

Erik
April 28th, 2004, 07:51
The bi-xenon is very powerful, the best lights I've ever had.
But I was never flashed.

Just give them a flash of the high beams and they'll realise their mistake ;)

jgun81
April 28th, 2004, 08:16
I got flashd few times....
I flashed back...the guy never flashed back at me :D

JKN
April 28th, 2004, 11:33
Ok. Seems like similar experiences... Not enough to worry about tho.. perhaps I'm just overly sensitive... I thought maybe the beams were adjusted too high.. but I think the headlights are just very bright.

Erik
April 28th, 2004, 11:44
Actually I recall moving the low beams up two times until the workshop refused. :p

sturs6
April 28th, 2004, 12:37
I was flashed once; this lady pulled up next to me and ... oh you mean headlight flashed. Yes several time and I enjoy flashing back with these bi-xenon lights.

nene
April 28th, 2004, 14:37
I think I got flashed maybe once.
The beams can be re-aligned if with to bring them a bit lower.
However, I would not do so unless you are getting flashed 5 times a week or more.

Aronis
April 28th, 2004, 16:46
As more cars get better lights less people complain!

My wife used to whine when I would follow her in my A6 4.2, but when she got her new Maxima, she realized the beauty of the xenon lights. Now she no longer complains if I follow her in my RS6, but I do also put on the highs just to jab her a bit!

I was impressed with the better lights in my 1997 M3 (not xenon), but when I got the A6, WOW, XENON, less eye strain since your eyes don't have to dilate so much, so oncoming lights don't bother you so much. Combine that with the excellent dimming side and rear view mirrors, and driving at night is a pleasure even in traffic! I do miss the back shade though....that was good when a truck was behind with naturally higher light placement.

When they flash you because they think your highs are on, just put your highs on to remove all doubt!

Mike

Benman
May 3rd, 2004, 01:10
Originally posted by jgun81
I got flashd few times....
I flashed back...the guy never flashed back at me :D
Same deal. They think you have your brights on but all it takes is a quick little flash and "AHHWWW!!! I'm BLIND!" then they leave you alone.:cheers:
Ben:addict: