PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway Bar Broke!!!

audirs6sport
April 27th, 2004, 23:58
i heard strange rattle snake noise under my car everytime i hit bumps, and turns out the rear sway bar broke. :mech: :mech:

gnomik007
April 28th, 2004, 01:03
I think I might have the same problem.I recently noticed some sounds coming from the right rear of my car,as if there was something hanging freely under the car and on bumps it hit something else.Maybe it's the same thing.I'll check.

Aronis
April 28th, 2004, 16:50
Ouch.

ming 2.7t
April 28th, 2004, 20:57
I think I saw that RS6 on the rack this morning at Commonwealth. Was there getting oil change on my A6.

audirs6sport
April 29th, 2004, 00:10
yeah that's probably mine. ebony pearl? mine's currently resting at commonwealth audi. they gave me a pos chrysler t&c rental. =(

noushy
May 2nd, 2004, 00:33
It seems that some of our colleagues out there have dealers that are clearly sub par. My dealer always arranges to give me another audi, albeit an A6 or A4, but at least not some chrysler pos. It is an insult when you bring your 90k car in for service and end up driving out with an american clunker. I could understand a crossfire (something with german herritage) or at least a decent sedan, but a minivan?

It is no mystery why my dealer is rated number one in michigan (audi of rochester hills), probably because all they sell and service is AUDI. (it helps to be a few miles away from audi north america)

Just my two cents. ;)

Dark Knight
May 2nd, 2004, 20:41
Any of you guys with the noises from the rear hear more of a single "thump" when one of the rear wheel's suspension is compressed, say going over a driveway lip??

I've heard it twice now, completely inconsistent, it doesn't do it while driving along over bumpy roads just once on a sharp fast right-hander then today coming down my drive. Hmmm, not good.

I'll let you know if I found out what it is.