PDA

View Full Version : debage it?

audirs6sport
April 26th, 2004, 16:55
what do u guys think, should i debage? or not.:rs6kiss: :addict:

eph94
April 26th, 2004, 20:23
People who know it is an RS6 will know regardless of badge. The opposite is also true. Badge or not, the commonfolk will just see it as another Audi.

gjg
April 26th, 2004, 21:11
people who will see it in rear view mirror will know sooner or later, badge or not.

I debadged the first day. Other reasons though, not being in US. Car theft is high here .... very high. :eek:

RS6 OOOO
April 26th, 2004, 22:58
i plan to debadge and put an A6 3.0 badge on it. i love sleepers. :rs6kiss:

audirs6sport
April 26th, 2004, 23:11
yeah i still have my a6 2.7t badge. im about to put that on. lol:rs6kiss: :addict: :addict: but im talking about also removing the audi badge, what u think of that?

mbrooks1956
April 27th, 2004, 01:25
:rs6kiss:

I took the badges off of mine, both front and rear and I love the look! Much cleaner.......

:addict:

JP4
April 27th, 2004, 02:09
I debadged mine. Just left the rings front and rear. No regrets, looks clean. And it's fun watching people walking or driving around it trying to figure out what it is. Like others have said...the real enthusiast already knows what it is and that's just fine with me.

JP4 :addict:

nene
April 27th, 2004, 14:45
You guys are all very funny!!!

If another A6 puts on RS6 badges, they are posers. What do you think you are by putting A6 badges on your RS6? P-O-S-E-R!!!

On a serious note though, my car has the RS6 badge and I plan on keeping it there. Personally, I hate to mess around with perfection. For me it would not make much sense to debadge, since my license plate tells what I'm driving!!!
However, just recently I met another RS6 owner that had his debadged. And I liked that a lot as well.
It's all a matter of personal choice, and it should only matter to you. What do you care what we think? It's your car. Do as you wish.

As for my mindless opinion, I thing you should put a 'Type R' or 'Type-S' badge on the car as well.

Benman
April 27th, 2004, 15:23
Originally posted by nene
You guys are all very funny!!!

As for my mindless opinion, I thing you should put a 'Type R' or 'Type-S' badge on the car as well.
Or maybe go with a GTR badge from the Skyline!

Klint
April 27th, 2004, 16:00
audirs6sport,

Firstly before you do anything, find a decent use for the RS6 badge before you debadge the car, like - use it on your wallet or something cool. :thumb:

sturs6
April 27th, 2004, 16:20
Originally posted by Klint
audirs6sport,

Firstly before you do anything, find a decent use for the RS6 badge before you debadge the car, like - use it on your wallet or something cool. :thumb:
I think a nice shinny gold necklace with an RS6 badge on it would be nice... :thumb: :alig:
-Stuart

nene
April 27th, 2004, 16:26
If you send the RS6 badge to me, I promise to badge my rear end...imagine a set of buns with RS6 logo on!!! :eek:

puke:

Aronis
April 27th, 2004, 16:28
Debadge it completely, inside too....

Then add A FORD badge and Taurus to it.

Convince you insurance agent its a Ford Taurus, just think of how much money you will save on Insurance. And no one pulls over a Ford Taurus, you'll save on speeding tickes, and No One would steel a Ford Taurus, your car will be safer...and you will probably get better gas milage

Mike

gjg
April 27th, 2004, 19:43
I had 1.9 D badge on my S6 Avant (Lehmann setup) for few months, had to take it off after while because everybody was just trying to take over that old diesel .....

:blush:

same experience as JP4 with debadged rs6 - I have the black optical package and mirrors painted with car color .....

And it's fun watching people walking or driving around it trying to figure out what it is.

JKN
April 28th, 2004, 04:46
I debadged mine.. I don't know.. I guess I'm kinda one of those guys that hates the shirts with logos, etc.

It looks really clean and I think it looks awesome. Two days ago i looked in the rearview and there was another RS6.. The driver knew my car was a RS6 without the badge.

The bottom line is that those in the know will know. and those that don't just think it's an A6.. I kinda like it that way...

I saved the badges so that I can rebadge if and when I sell someday.. I was worried it would affect resale if I didn't keep the badges for next owner.

:rs6kiss:

RS6 OOOO
April 28th, 2004, 22:28
about a week after we got the beast. i was at a parking lot with some other euro lovers. A good friend of mine with a VW GTI 337 looked over and asked which engine i got with my A6. it wasn't until after i told him the Twin Turbo V8 that he noticed it. As much as i love people not knowing what i have under the hood, its nice to recieve the respect you deserve.

RS6 OOOO
April 30th, 2004, 07:08
anyone have pictures of thier completly debadged beast? just curious how good it looks

JKN
April 30th, 2004, 12:13
sure.. i'll get me camera out this weekend.....

Erik
April 30th, 2004, 12:16
Originally posted by RS6 OOOO
anyone have pictures of thier completly debadged beast? just curious how good it looks

http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html

That one is debadged from factory.