PDA

View Full Version : 2006 M5 Vs. 2003 RS 6

audiracer
April 22nd, 2004, 16:02
I was reading in Autoweek (US Magazine) about the lastest specs on the next generation M5. Although the specs are impressive, 500 hp, V10, 7 speed tranny, but I was surprised to see that the 0-60 time and 1/4 mile times weren't any better (all within a 1/10 of second +/-) then our beloved RS6. Obviously this may change with final production but it makes me that much happier to think the this generation RS6 will be able to hold its own fairly well in the future. :addict: :rs6kiss: BTW I still think the new BMW are ugly and Chris Bangle will be fired any day now. Any thoughts?

djinn
April 22nd, 2004, 16:21
The nex generation m5's 0-100km will be around 4 secs. Rs6 can accelerate in 4.7 sec from 0 to 100km. Next genaration rs6 can easily catch up the m5 because it will probably have manuel transmission option and no turbos(maybe).

GmbHouse
April 22nd, 2004, 19:29
Is weed legal in Turkey?

djinn
April 23rd, 2004, 09:03
Of course not, in yours?

Hawk
April 23rd, 2004, 12:41
Next M5 0-200km/h 13.5 seconds, RS6 Plus 17.6 seconds

iconcls
April 23rd, 2004, 13:20
Originally posted by Hawk

I'll believe that when I see it in a production, federalized M5.

Erik
April 23rd, 2004, 13:21
Since no one outside BMW M could have tested the new M5 everything is just pure speculation.

I would be very surprised if the new M5 was faster than a Porsche GT2, 996 Turbo or the E55 AMG in a straight line.

The new M5 will be an awesome car performance wise.
However I still don't like the looks, the E39 M5 is so much better looking.

The new M6 has looks and the ultimate performance - it will be faster than the M5 I think.

It may sound strange but I have "forgotten" the new M5, it doesn't do it for me. I all about the new M6 and the M6 CSL.

I didn't like the new E60 series. I was hoping that when I saw the new M5 E60 I would get used and start to like it. It didn't happen. I will give the new M5 another chance when I test it.

djinn
April 23rd, 2004, 17:51
The e60 5 series has so sharp lines however the new a6 doesn't. Actually I like the cars with soft lines like the new a6. If I had to choose one of these cars I would prefer-normally-a6.:p

Gustav
April 23rd, 2004, 17:52
Article is here:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41129

It will be SMGIII only though.

djinn
April 23rd, 2004, 18:09
So it won't have any advantage than the next rs6 except the smgIII transmission.

Benman
April 25th, 2004, 00:22
Originally posted by Hawk
In Autoweek they are actually saying SUB 13 seconds! As iconcls says I'll believe it when I see it. If that figure turns out to be true then there is NO WAY the new M5 will be under $100K! 0-124mph in UNDER 13 seconds is getting close to Enzo, Carrera GT territory. Forget Modenas:bigeyes:

Ben:addict:

Stranger2k1
April 25th, 2004, 02:40
i don't believe that a M5 can do 0-200kph in sub 13 seconds.... iŽd say it does around 15-seconds. think of the wheight.

may the M6/CSL could be a serious enemy to slr, enzo, and so on. :bow:

By the way: enjoyed reading in the board for some time and finally joined proudly, although i'm not that blessed to drive a car such as a numerous of you do :MTM:

hope my english isnt as bad as i suppose ---> i'm from austria (next to germany)

so then, have a nice day

Wang
April 25th, 2004, 04:14
Performance alone doesn't do it for me, I am a proud owner of an RS6 because it is rare compared with the M5s and E55s, The exclusivity aspect, the Cosworth motor, twin turbos, Quattro Limited, yeah!!!

The same feeling goes for my GT3.

nene
April 25th, 2004, 04:37
Just saw some more pix of the new M5 on the BMW Car magazine, and it's falling out of flavor with me.
When I first saw it I really liked it. Not so much anymore.

CarbonFibre
April 25th, 2004, 07:15
Ah, I see Wang is another member splitting his time between here and AudiWorld.

OT: Is the suspension on the GT3 pretty stiff for an everyday car or does it do well? I know that's all relative and subjective as what's fine for one person can be unbearable for another; I was just wondering what you thought about it. Also, do you have the PCCBs? If so, could you comment on your experience with them? I have heard that they are really not all that great for street driving and that you should only get them if you plan to track or autocross your car.

Wang
April 25th, 2004, 08:36
Yes, I have been splitting my time on Audiworld, Rennsport, and here and even on the Pistonheads Lotus forums, you caught me red handed. I do not have PCCBs on my GT3. The ride quality on the car is stiff! I am sure that the cup car is even stiffer but compared to the RS6, the GT3 is pretty bone jarring. On smooth roads and highways, I do not believe that many cars can match the handling of the GT3, not even a Ferrari Modena. Driving the GT3 requires closer monitoring of potholes, dips and ramps, all are not pleasing to negotiate but gets easier with experience to the point where it becomes second nature. When I go up ramps at an angle, one tire actually lifts off the ground during the maneuvre, but this is the only way to avoid scraping the front air dam. For even more exclusivity but higher maintenance, I was pining for a Lotus Esprit, which rides less stiff than the GT3, has more suspension travel, and a kit car feel up close. That did not work out and I am still in love with my two volkswagens :heart: (GT3 and RS6). I guess that exclusivity comes at a price as I have to frequent 4 different forums to keep busy- there is simply not enough active posters on these forums, but hey, I want the exclusivity too!:rs6kiss:

Aronis
April 29th, 2004, 19:46
Motor Trend Mag....

Shows M5 with 500 hp and 500 Newton-Meters or 369 ftlb....

High HP but not TORQUE.....

Mike

gnomik007
April 29th, 2004, 23:25
I now have 664Nm on my car.

:harass: BWM

djinn
April 30th, 2004, 14:36
Rs6 has nore torque because it has turbos. Turbo provides more torque for the engine and turbo engines gains the most hp when chipped.:king: