PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Engine

tailpipe
April 21st, 2004, 18:35
I noticed that according to two reports in the UK publications, Auto Express and Autocar, that the next RS4 will not have the new 4.2 litre naturally aspirated V8 FSI engine that has been much rumoured on this website. Instead, they reckon it will have a turbocharged version of existing 4.2 litre engine delivering approximately 420 bhp.

At least all the turbo-charger fansshould be delighted by this news, if its true. Personally, I prefer the instananeous throttle response of a naturally aspirated motor.

As I said elsewhere, the RS6 will not get the Gallardo's V10, because it apparently cannot be packaged properly, but will get a turbocharged version of the new V8 4.2 FSI delivering 500 bhp.

Does anyone know if this is true? (Nordeschliefe, you seem to have an inside track on these things.)

This week's Autocar also has a feature on the RS3, which looks like it'll be a very exciting sportscar. 3.2 litre FSI turbocharged to 350 bhp. 0-100 kph in under 5.0 seconds top spped of 155 mph limited or 170 mph unlimited.

darkseid
April 22nd, 2004, 01:32
I hope the RS4 will have a high-rev V8.

I think that giving it a manual transmission and high-rev V8 would more of an track or race enthusiaists choice.

Also, it would be nice for the RS cars to differ in the engine compartment from model to model, Audi hasn't made it a tradition yet to bi-turbo charge the RS models, seeing the RS2 was a single turbo.

Anyway, here's hoping for an RS4 that will beat up M3 CSL. :trash:

:cheers:

:revs:-:rs4kiss:

McBurn4ever
April 22nd, 2004, 11:54
The only thing that is a tradition with the Rs-models is that they
always give the people in Munich and Stuttgart headache..

:hihi: :D :hihi:

:s4addict:

BBGT2
May 6th, 2004, 18:57
FWIW,

I talked with an Audi rep last Aug. when I picked up my RS6 that in future all "S" models will be naturally aspirated and all "RS" models will be with force inducted.

Bajo:addict: