PDA

View Full Version : What The F................

schackman
April 18th, 2004, 17:25
480 MILES..............AND A BLOWN TRANSMISSION

WILL BE IN THE SHOP FOR OVER A WEEK.

WITH ONLY 480 MILES.................COME ON MAN.

I BOUGHT IT WITH 300.

MAKES ME WONDER IF THE SHMUCKS THRASHED IT DURING THOSE 300 MILES?????

ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN ?:w: :doh:

Benman
April 18th, 2004, 18:27
Sorry to hear that. That SUCKS for sure. Obviously I have not had that problem. Question, have you already performed the mods on your Beast that you were posting?:cheers:
Ben:addict:

nene
April 18th, 2004, 18:53
I believe this is the first time we've heard of it on an RS6 with such a low mileage. What is the built date?

Klint
April 18th, 2004, 19:54
This is totally out of the norm.

Something has clearly gone wrong, unless Audi designs the transmition with a self destruct date ;), but this one probally came premature...only kidding.

Clearly it's a Warranty job, let's hope the dealership does quality work on repairing the car asap.

All the best,

schackman
April 18th, 2004, 22:52
NO MODS YET. I WAS SET TO DO IT THIS WEEK.............WILL HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK.

I HOPE THEY DO TO.......................ONCE SOMETHING IS DONE A 2ND TIME IT NEVER QUITE FEELS THE SAME............WE'LL SEE THOUGH:mech:

Aronis
April 19th, 2004, 13:17
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

I had a strange hard shift yesterday, downshifting from 5th to 4th, bang....sort of like my wife's old SUBARU, bang...

Scares the hell out of me when I read these posts.

Your transmission must have been defective to die with such low milage. Its kind of hard to kill an Auto transmission that quickly!

Mike

Bauer
April 19th, 2004, 16:09
I would say that it was bad from the plant....crap like this happens sometimes.

I am positive that my over-boost problem has been from a faulty spring in the internal waste gate in one of my turbos. I have had an on and off over-boost problem form about 7000 miles and it has taken them until 15k to figure it out. Now the motor is going to have to be pulled and both my turbos are being replaced (they only replace them in sets). I am quite certian this was just the luck of the draw, when the guy at Cosworth picked up two turbos to put on my motor and one happend to have a minor fault......just the way it goes.

As for the car feeling different after someting like this, I am not really concerned about it as I have had motors/transmissions replaced on other cars without noticing any real difference. A crashed car on the other hand is a different story.

If you have a good tech should not be a problem. I have gotten to know mine and he is a pretty anal guy about his work so I have complete confidence in the up comming repair.

I hope everything works out for you and good luck:thumb:

Aronis
April 19th, 2004, 16:41
Ouch, having the Engine Pulled, repaired and put back into the car, now that scares me.

Hopefully every last connection will be put back on!

Good luck.

Mike

schackman
April 19th, 2004, 19:29
I DONT FEEL SO BAD NOW !!!!!:bow:

A NEW ENGINE................ I'DE GIVE THE F...ER BACK.

GOOD LUCK TOO YOU ALSO !

Bauer
April 19th, 2004, 19:41
Motor is not blown....just a bad spring in the internal waste gate of one of the K04 turbos. They have to pull the motor to replace the trubo and they will be replacing both because from what I understand they always have to be replaced in pairs. So motors fine just a faulty spring in a turbo:doh: ......can't believe a spring in a turbo could cause such a hassle....such is life sometimes.

Sorry if you don't still feel better:D :D

Aronis
April 19th, 2004, 19:57
I'd rather have them take the front bumper off to get at the turbo, then to gut the engine bay,

Just Kidding...

Well, while they are at it ask if they will upgrade the turbos ! What the hell couldn't hurt to ask.

Oh, hell buy the upgraded turbos and just happen to be there when they open the box on the new K04's and swap them LOL.

Mike