PDA

View Full Version : Tuned rs6s

djinn
April 17th, 2004, 16:22
How many rs6 owners in this forum has tuned their rs6s? :addict:

nene
April 17th, 2004, 18:00
There is a more then they're willing to admit.
Bad question for the forum, as you never know who's watching. It pays to be paranoid you know.

JAXRS6
April 18th, 2004, 06:42
Originally posted by nene
There is a more then they're willing to admit.
Bad question for the forum, as you never know who's watching. It pays to be paranoid you know.

True, but if djinn searches "Best way to run a quarter....", "OC.T chip...." and other threads, he'll find plenty of owners with mods.:D

djinn
April 18th, 2004, 11:32
thank you for your advise jaxrs6.

Nene I found your paranoia guess absurd :trash:

Benman
April 18th, 2004, 18:21
Originally posted by djinn
thank you for your advise jaxrs6.

Nene I found your paranoia guess absurd :trash:
Yeah right. There are plenty of dealers that know about this sight and would like to have written proof that the car is modded.

JAXRS6
April 19th, 2004, 04:39
Originally posted by Benman
Yeah right. There are plenty of dealers that know about this sight and would like to have written proof that the car is modded.

I think we're both right. Some dealers probably do cruise this forum, and maybe some folks at AOA too. But djinn can still use it to find mod discussions that already have taken place.:thumb:

Aronis
April 19th, 2004, 13:05
D'ooh,

why not ask how many owners of RS6s SPEED.....

D'ooh, even Homer is not that stupid.

Benman
April 20th, 2004, 02:27
Originally posted by Aronis
D'ooh,

why not ask how many owners of RS6s SPEED.....

D'ooh, even Homer is not that stupid.
:D

Wang
April 22nd, 2004, 07:01
...it is detrimental to the original engineering put into the car if mods are introduced. To ask Audi to foot the bill for extreme wear and tear, like in racing, is unreasonable. If I were to race my car, I would have to be prepared to replace wear items associated with extreme use. Mods like chipping may sound interesting, but why recreate the fine engineering already invested in this great car?? If you want something faster, buy a quicker car like a Porsche GT3. The RS6 is already quite maxed out for an A6 based sedan. I believe that Quattro GMBH would sell additional mods if they were sound, technically. Aftermarket fitments only degrade the original durability designed into the RS6 overall. JMHO.

djinn
April 22nd, 2004, 14:53
Thanks for your advises Wang. I think so Quattro GMBH would sell mods and me too heard the tuning company GMBH in this forum. Because it's not known well known around the world.

Erik
April 22nd, 2004, 15:01
Originally posted by djinn
How many rs6 owners in this forum has tuned their rs6s? :addict:

You could post a poll ;)

You can vote without telling who you are... :hahahehe:

djinn
April 22nd, 2004, 16:26
maybe next time;)

Aronis
April 22nd, 2004, 20:24
Wang,

Good note.

One thing though, it appears that one problem with the RS6 as stock is the brakes. There are those who have posted problems with early wear and warping without ever doing any racing. One person said he stopped hard in traffic three times in a row, and the rotors warped.

I think given the fact that you can replace the brakes with a setup from Mov'it for about $5000.00, that if this better brake system was put in originally in the car, the cost would have been around 1000 bucks given that you would not be paying for the orginal brakes.

It is clear that the combination rear disk brake/parking brake is a bad thing... the Mov'it setup (and others) uses a second caliper for the parking brake, leaving the primary brake as a fully functional brake, taking more stress from the front system.

I guess the Next RS6 will have this problem licked.

As far as the engine is concerned, I agree fully, I don't intend to modify this one, 450 is plenty for me!

Mike