PDA

View Full Version : Canadian RS6 - Road Test

Erik
April 15th, 2004, 14:52
Lightspeed to Ludicrous Speed

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/roadtest,view,Audi.spy?artid=23116

Pics: http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/photos,photogal,roadtest.spy?artid=23116&make=Audi&lng=en

"The car is ridiculously fast, at 4.7 seconds to 100 km/h it feels like getting punched in the back of the head with a silk boxing glove." :hahahehe:

sturs6
April 15th, 2004, 15:54
In one of the captions for the photo of the seats it reads, " The Recaro-made RS 6 embossed front seats are as supportive as any in the midsize premium class" on page two but from looking at the seats I find this to be a false statement. Am I wrong on this?
:rs6kiss:
-Stuart

nyrs6
April 15th, 2004, 16:01
no you are not wrong! They are wrong!

ZCD2.7T
April 15th, 2004, 16:16
"the car's power delivery from a rolling start was so immediate chills went up and down my spine. The adrenaline rush was so intoxicating I had one of those hysterical moments when all I could do was giggle out loud in silly glee."

I couldn't agree more, as I had the exact same reaction during both of my RS 6 test drives! :wo:

April 15th, 2004, 19:41
it is a wonderful car, but it just happen to arrive too late here in canada. :cry: it's great for the traction where most cities here can use. but the competitions (E55 and upcoming M5) are just too tempting. :bye2:

no avant, no RS6 plus, and not even the Audi Exclusive, and an introduction at the end of the model year is just poor marketing sense for Audi NA. :doh:

good luck selling those 90 cars, audi. :race:

(from what i was told by the dealer, most of the people with deposits are just sitting on it... not ordering.) :deal:

UrQ
April 16th, 2004, 03:33
Have about 1200 miles and from a stop not impressed from a roll it rocks.

What I don't understand is I have '04 S4 always trying to impress me.

JAXRS6
April 16th, 2004, 05:25
I found it interesting that according to the article, the E55 costs $4K more in Canadian dollars (vs. $6K less in USD). Also, according to specs at end, the Canadian version somehow lost almost 200 lbs.

Maybe we should find out more about the Canadian automotive diet!:D