PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Design flaws!

App
April 14th, 2004, 06:57
Found two so far:-

1. The document pocket below the steering wheel isn't angled steeply enough - if you accelerate hard the documents fly out onto the floor.

2. The cup holder needs to swivel - if you accelerate hard with a full can of coke the coke comes out the can.

:360:

App <2,000 miles

DCI
April 14th, 2004, 12:35
Under the steering wheel is for the owners manual....its a pretty tight fit on my car and has never come out.

gjg
April 14th, 2004, 13:16
I guess in Europe we get more paperwork with the car because it is difficult to stuff docs in there ....

However I have discovered some interesting problems:

1. missing floor bolts on left and right rear seatbelt ....... this turned up when we had no rear belts visible at all - belts were hidden behind the seat covers, no problem until we pulled them out ... completely ...

at this point, this appears to be issue of the exclusive importer (who, btw, is major PITA - we had runs with them before on other cars - couple years ago we've order 2.7tt and they could not find the car on their parking lot for 5 weeks after confirmed delivery from factory .....). They somehow "prepared" the RS6 for delivery.

2. Recaro seats have no back pockets (yet another points to make a day for US guys - after the debacle with seat memory and mirror downtilt function in reverse gear).

BTW these Recaros are not as comfortable on long drive as the Recaro seats in 95.5 S6 (to me, 6'1", long legs) - leg support does not extend as far as on the old one. This may change over time but so far, with about 3k miles (4300 km) it does not feel as comfy as the old one.

3. and to add insult to an injury, in Avant there is a hole about 3" wide between rear seat and cargo cover. In S6 there is a small flip covering the openning, on RS6 there is separate piece which also has a pull up net to separate cargo and cabin space if needed.

And, to make this really good - this additional piece is not part of standad delivery (as per our famous importer) and we have to buy the missing piece to cover the hole to cargo space for approx. $570 ....

what can I say ..... it will not spoil the enjoyment

Benman
April 14th, 2004, 15:10
Originally posted by App
Found two so far:-

1. The document pocket below the steering wheel isn't angled steeply enough - if you accelerate hard the documents fly out onto the floor.
2. The cup holder needs to swivel - if you accelerate hard with a full can of coke the coke comes out the can.
:360:
App <2,000 miles

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: That is called POWER. (disclaimer: Do NOT accellerate full throttle unless all loose objects have been secured:D ):cheers:

Ben:addict:

nyrs6
April 14th, 2004, 15:23
No joke i saw in the owners manual that if you are not able to operate a high performance car this car is not for you. or something like that i have to find the exact words.