PDA

View Full Version : Purchase or Lease a RS6???

audiracer
April 14th, 2004, 05:15
Well, I think I'm going to do it! I found a brand new Black on Black RS6 with all the options at a local dealer (in the States). My question for all of you, should I lease or buy?

What do you think I should pay in either case?

Thanks in advance! :rs6kiss:

RobertV
April 14th, 2004, 11:00
Where are you located, that plays a big part on the asking prices. Local dealers NJ & NY have been offering cars at $86K MSRP for $73K. This price leads me to think that AOA has some trunk money in the car to help the dealers move vehicles. I do not think that anyone has confirmed this yet?
You would have to speak to the dealer and get the lease vrs. buy numbers for me to comment on that. I would say that there are no huge lease programs on the cars, but there will be some great finance rates. When they first came out, most people leased the beasts for four years at $1000 to $1200 per month, but that was paying full retail.

Bauer
April 14th, 2004, 19:29
Not an easy question to anwser because it depends on your situation. I leased because I can write the payment off as a business expense which you cannot do if you are buying it. Also Audi's money factor was .0018 so anything over that the dealer is getting a rebate from AoA. Note: rates may have changed but I doubt it since the Fed has left Fed Funds rate alone for now. If you plan to drive less then 15k a year and get rid of the car in 3 to 4 years then leasing is the way to go....but again it all depends on your situation (taxes and if you are going to keep the car).

audiracer
April 14th, 2004, 21:28
Thanks everyone for your comments! Just one more question, me not being an accounting expert or a CPA, what does the "money factor" mean and how do you calculate it for the leasing programs?:vhmmm:

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. :rolleyes: