PDA

View Full Version : RS6 on R tiers/breakes on rs6

7:53 RS6
April 13th, 2004, 01:07
R tiers is fun, but i would not recomed it on RS6 or heavy cars.
The CSL stock tiers have a load index of 570 on a car that is 1370-1450kg or some thing. The corsa had a load index of 670 on my car who is 2060kg me included.
First the braking is clearly not activating the ABS when driving R-T.
Well not activating nearly as quick as driving street tiers anyway.

This grip comming from R-t build up a realy big heating problem for the brakes, + the wight of the car.
when my tier exploded in the midel of Galgenhof my rotors was totaly glowing. And my brakes faded to the botom 3 times in this lap. I was hoping to get around the last bend to get a big coling.
Of course the car could not take coling(standing still whit flatt tier and glowing disk) and my pads melted. Im relly impressed whit the rotors taking that much heting and not wraping.

When braking my contis hard the ABS kicks in realy quick and of course the brakes dont take as much beting I was not fading brakes when driving my contis. As I said erlier i never driven rs6 on track but on Nurburgring (first track I driven my rs6) they worked over all god.I had dot 5 in and stel lines, but rest stock. Of course it eats stock pads rely quickly. I was really missing my race pads that was orderd but dident show up. Whit my rs4 i ran stret tyers last year and ECB red, rest stock, never faded once then. Well as i say we learn by doing. Im lycky the tire dident blow in swedenkrytz or fuchsröre:race: