PDA

View Full Version : Team RS6.com is back from Nürburgring...

Erik
April 12th, 2004, 19:18
Team RS6.com is back from Nürburgring as I write...

We had an excellent weekend with so much fun.

A few things we did:

* Overtook the :harass: M5 Ring-Taxi.
* Overtook several Porsche Carrera RS, GT3 RS etc.
And yes, they were driving fast...
* Gave a swedish journalist the ride of his life. He was there
to make an article about the Ring and got himself a real fast lap
in an Avant... He looked kind of pale afterwards. puke:
* We exploded an R-tire (P Zero Corsa) in about 150 km/h :rolleyes: in Galgenkopf which resulted in some minor damage. No need for towing though, thanks quattro :)
* We have glowing brake discs on video, LeMans style :D
* We kept the car on track all the time :thumb:
* We have 1000 pics+ and videos from fast RS6 laps and Porsche GT3 RS laps (slower ;) ).

So "8:50 RS4" is now officially renamed "8:29 RS6" :thumb: :race:

Overall I am very surprised how fast the RS6 was on track.
The brakes worked fine, even after the tire exploded and the discs started to glow (not possibility to cool them).
However, the RS6 Avant is a heavy car - it is NOT a 1200 kg Carrera RS. It is an expensive car to track, it eats pads.
We arrived with a brand new set of pads, changed once to used ones and changed again to go back home.
All in all we did about 25 laps.

If you find any pics of our car on the internet, please let us know! Thanks!

Bauer
April 12th, 2004, 20:41
Sounds like a great time:thumb: I can't wait for some of the pics, will there be some vids?? Please:D :D

Erik
April 12th, 2004, 20:48
I have loads of pics and yes there will be videos.

However I am leaving for another trip on Fri or Sat and have plenty to do this week so much will be presented lateron.

The ideal line in Hatzenbach ;) Any objections Nordschleife? :D

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040289.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040291.jpg

Another run in Hatzenbach. You can see the damage from the tire that exploded (right front), but the car was perfectly fine.
To continue racing we had to saw the plastic away so that no loose objects would fall on the track.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040387.jpg

Klint
April 12th, 2004, 21:55
Holy shit!

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040291.jpg

I like, I like alot! :bigeyes: :MTM:

Erik
April 12th, 2004, 22:05
More pics...

Fuchsröhre - imagine going down here in about 220 km/h. :MTM:
Loads of G-s as you exit.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040162.jpg

Entering Hatzenbach

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040280-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040486-1.jpg

Mega
April 12th, 2004, 22:34
:brag: Well we saw you(Mr Racedriver) friday at about 13.00, and you drove like a moron.
Looked like you were all over the track and did'nt know the right lines....and with the pedal to the medal.

After your 'crash' it seemed to slow you down to a better stabil driver:0:

Regards
Mega

JAXRS6
April 12th, 2004, 23:16
Mega, I just sent you a Private Message. You might want to read it soon.

gmbh6
April 12th, 2004, 23:23
Originally posted by Erik
...However, the RS6 Avant is a heavy car - it is NOT a 1200 kg Carrera RS. It is an expensive car to track, it eats pads.
that's what you get for using the breaks.......heheh.........remember..........never follow :addict:

7:53 RS6
April 12th, 2004, 23:25
Originally posted by Mega
:brag: Well we saw you(Mr Racedriver) friday at about 13.00, and you drove like a moron.
Looked like you were all over the track and did'nt know the right lines....and with the pedal to the medal.

After your 'crash' it seemed to slow you down to a better stabil driver:0:

Regards
Mega

I was whaiting for this to come, this is an R tire that dident handel the pressure. Not to stange when 2.1 ton going arond whit glowing rotors. Stay tuned its all comming on video, you wil relly hear the tier explode and see the unbalance in the car. And you will also see that the car was not of. Whenn tiers blow on 4wd its not that big deal to hold on track. I drove out my self in 20 km/houer(the long stait) put on 1 BBS CH and drove to ring racing. After sawing of lose spoiler and checking 2 cut cabel. One of cable Ring Racing couldent say what it was. Could be ABS or some thing else They said. So of course after this incident we had to try the car if it was ok and it was. Ther was 2 peopel more driving my car , but I drove many 8:30 laps and when doing that you cant be all over the track. I guess I run pased you, what car did you drive? When you have seen the video I Hope for a comment! From you!!

Erik
April 12th, 2004, 23:29
Looked like you were all over the track and did'nt know the right lines....

What does 8:29 tell you? Is it possible to drive that fast without knowing the lines? The car was without ESP.

After the r-tire blew (we had too high pressure) we changed to normal ContiSport2 so of course the lap times would go down.
Also, since we did not get Pagid Blues in time we had to slow down so that we had enough brake pads to go home safe.

April 12th, 2004, 23:51
Before MEGA starts speculate why my car was so dirty, i guess we have to show him the pictures when powersliding outside the track. The place was the parking close to flugplatz. And you know MEGA when sliding a 4wd car on mudy grass the car get a hole lode of dirt on, especally the rof. As said erlier I hope you comment when you see the video of tire exposion!

Benman
April 13th, 2004, 05:02
WOW, Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST! That is a real sucky deal about the Corsa blowing! Not very confidence inspiring. As for Megas comment, interesting that a persons very first post is to slam forum members:eye:
Ben:addict:

April 13th, 2004, 08:21
Originally posted by Benman
WOW, Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST! That is a real sucky deal about the Corsa blowing! Not very confidence inspiring. As for Megas comment, interesting that a persons very first post is to slam forum members:eye:
Ben:addict:

Tanks Beman!

Of course the vid will show it all is as Erik and me saying. Hoping for megas comment after video showing:)

And hope you guys are enjoing it!

Mega
April 13th, 2004, 09:13
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
I was whaiting for this to come, this is an R tire that dident handel the pressure. Not to stange when 2.1 ton going arond whit glowing rotors. Stay tuned its all comming on video, you wil relly hear the tier explode and see the unbalance in the car. And you will also see that the car was not of. Whenn tiers blow on 4wd its not that big deal to hold on track. I drove out my self in 20 km/houer(the long stait) put on 1 BBS CH and drove to ring racing. After sawing of lose spoiler and checking 2 cut cabel. One of cable Ring Racing couldent say what it was. Could be ABS or some thing else They said. So of course after this incident we had to try the car if it was ok and it was. Ther was 2 peopel more driving my car , but I drove many 8:30 laps and when doing that you cant be all over the track. I guess I run pased you, what car did you drive? When you have seen the video I Hope for a comment! From you!!

My comment has nothing to do with the tire explosion or sliding on the track.

After reading the comments I realize that there were other drivers of the RS6.COM car?

We were standing at Phflantzgarten at about 13.00 friday, when we saw the RS6.COM car NOT taking the ideal lines but still with full power. We thought SHIT this car would crash some time trough easter :eek:

Then the tireexplosion, and I think we saw the car again on saterday. This time with moderate speed and ideal lines.

Looking forward to see the video, 8:30 is fast:incar:

Erik
April 13th, 2004, 09:38
I realize that there were other drivers of the RS6.COM car?

Correct. I for instance did my first lap ever, but I was never sliding. :thumb:

Hawk
April 13th, 2004, 10:59
Where are pictures and videos?:dance:

April 13th, 2004, 19:11
My comment has nothing to do with the tire explosion or sliding on the track.

After reading the comments I realize that there were other drivers of the RS6.COM car?

We were standing at Phflantzgarten at about 13.00 friday, when we saw the RS6.COM car NOT taking the ideal lines but still with full power. We thought SHIT this car would crash some time trough easter :eek:

Then the tireexplosion, and I think we saw the car again on saterday. This time with moderate speed and ideal lines.

Looking forward to see the video, 8:30 is fast:incar:

You said in erlier post wit the pictures that we crashed then slowed down well, well we dident crach. We blow the tier late friday. And couldent get the car out before late saturday, we had at saturday no brake pads left and were not sure of the car in total. Also the rotors was prety bad but not wraped and still working at home. So we spent late saturday crusin4-5 laps but sliding the car at some curves.

ideal line is not always the ideal line. It is some of a differens driving a car at 2300kg (we was 4 siting in) and 4wd compered to say 1200kg and rear driven.

Driving Nurburgring you are doing many overtake due to hevy traffic, this makes it very hard to stay at the theoreticaly right spot all time. And last i never said I am any drivers instructor, Im not geting paid driving cars.
Just enjoing myself:thumb:

AlanN
April 15th, 2004, 22:31
Mega were you there with your shopping trolley?

Mega is well known on the Lotus boards :dance: , he's a Civic Type R DUDE :wo:

Mega
April 16th, 2004, 09:39
LOL

Recently sold my TT 225 when I moved to Denmark.

Been on the ring in my M3, TT, SLK

Where's the video...

April 16th, 2004, 10:39
LOL

Recently sold my TT 225 when I moved to Denmark.

Been on the ring in my M3, TT, SLK

Where's the video...

I alredy hav it on vhs, Erik made me a copy before he left to a realy intresting event at Track Anderstorp in Sweden. It supoused to be realy cool cars if ther lycky a maclaren. After this they going down to germany to see some tuners. who knows maybe they are lucky to see new m5, i hope so:dance:

When hi is home its comming.

What times are you doing whit your m3/tt?

Mega
April 16th, 2004, 11:15
I've only done about 60-70 laps in different cars, and no one with roll cage. So I dont time my laps yet.

Teymur
April 16th, 2004, 11:29
Good to see you guys made it home safe :D .

If you cant remember, I am the guy with the silver Corvette.

Guys I am desperatly waiting for more Pics and Videos, especially for the one of your glowing Breakdiscs.... :bye:

Teymur.

April 16th, 2004, 12:09
I've only done about 60-70 laps in different cars, and no one with roll cage. So I dont time my laps yet.

Funny thats more or less the exaxt amount of laps I done also in diferent cars on Nuburgring. My first time was 1993 in a Alpina B6 3,5 Whit BMW Sports Club Europe Driving course. Realy fun, drove the Green hell in sections also drove many laps in Grand pix f1 track. And got me a ride i never will forget whit a test driver from BMW in a stock 3 seris... uuuuh scary byt still fun.

At that time ther wher no pit(parking) at the long straiht so it was pretty much flat out down under bridge to tiergarten whit the ring taxi ....uhhh glad they dont do that anymore.

From now on I hope to be ther 1 or 2 times a year its so much fun! But not whit rs6 I think, to much money poring out of my pocket when driving rs6 ther.
:race:

April 16th, 2004, 12:18
Originally posted by Teymur
Good to see you guys made it home safe :D .

If you cant remember, I am the guy with the silver Corvette.

Guys I am desperatly waiting for more Pics and Videos, especially for the one of your glowing Breakdiscs.... :bye:

Teymur.
Nice to hear from you Teymur, sure I remember wasent it you whit black rims on and just living an houer a way from the ring...lucky you. I think you saw the glowing disc vid at ring racing? But sure its comming soon! :race:

Teymur
April 16th, 2004, 12:22
Jip, thats me :D .

I am looking forward to see the rest of your material.

Take care
Teymur.

Erik
May 6th, 2004, 23:01
I see we're not the only ones with problems running r-tires on track.

This is from Hockenheim.

http://www.rs246.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/latzer640x480.jpg

keo
May 7th, 2004, 03:38
I guess this is the way how we should enjoy to own such beast. Although I am not there and wish I was, it is such emotional to read your post and feel like you were there for such an exhilarating event......Glad to know you guys are back safely...wish you all the best.....more pic...vid...:addict:

Erik
May 19th, 2004, 18:02
A few pics from yesterday for show. "8:29 RS6" on track again... :D Very entertaining!

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/mcd-3.jpg

More...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4161

Erik
December 1st, 2004, 17:19
Just had a look at these pics again.

I want to go back NOW, I want springtime!

WRX SE
December 1st, 2004, 17:55

Another 3 weeks to go and the days get longer again... :incar:

December 1st, 2004, 20:36

Yep that was a nice trip. Spring time is soon and I hope to drive a moore track like car then :wo:

Do you dare to sit in Erik:hihi:

Erik
June 28th, 2010, 18:32
Sorry for upping an old thread.

Good old days... :D

Ruergard
June 28th, 2010, 20:06
No problem mate, always nice to watch these pics. :thumb:

ben916
June 28th, 2010, 21:03
I am wondering where the video of the glowing rotors and tire blow out are?
I remember seeing the video but am unable to locate/search for it...

Erik
June 28th, 2010, 21:30
Here's one

The car on the Autobahn is another one, however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ooKF0j1lQ4

Erik
June 28th, 2010, 21:32
It seems the video has spread :D

From around 8:15 and onwards.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gs89_audi-rs6-nurburgring_auto

ben916
June 28th, 2010, 22:05
It seems the video has spread :D

From around 8:15 and onwards.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gs89_audi-rs6-nurburgring_auto

THIS is the one!

DHall1
June 29th, 2010, 00:56
Same one in youtube format

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=407c4ae_2Xc&feature=related

THIS is the one!

V8weight
June 29th, 2010, 01:23
Holy crap! Who was the passenger? No way I could ride shotgun on that lap without leaving tobacco stains in my pants.

Erik
June 29th, 2010, 06:59
Holy crap! Who was the passenger? No way I could ride shotgun on that lap without leaving tobacco stains in my pants.

A norwegian. :D I think it was the driver of the Volvo 240 as seen in the other movie (overtaken after the small carousell).

There was another norwegian behind the RS6, in a 911 Porsche. Can't remember the model, but probably a 993?