PDA

View Full Version : S4 Recaro into RS6?

minimme
April 11th, 2004, 01:02
Does anyone think it might be possible to install the 2004 S4 Recaro's into the RS6? If so, any thoughts on whether the memory settings and airbag can be connected?

nene
April 11th, 2004, 05:03
Anything is possible!

Have you seen that show Pimp My Ride yet? They do some crazy stuff do these poor junkyard ready autos, and turn them into new cars. Granted most are riced up, but they do crazy installs.

It all depends on how many Benjamins you willing to drop!
At which point you realize that either leaving things as they are is great enough, or just plump down the mullah for Euro RS6 Recaro's is better!

But you're probably looking for an answer down the line that it's just an easy modification or simply plug-and-play kind-of-thing.
I don't believe that is the case. At least I know of no-one that has even tried it.
If you don't want to take your car seat apart, and have an S4 owner willing to do the same, your best bet is the Bentley manual/CD. If you can get your hand on both of these for the S4 and RS6, you might get a good idea if they are interchangeable. Or at the very least find someone that has both Bentley manuals/CDs or one of them.

Good luck!