PDA

View Full Version : M5: 0 RS6: 1.....m....

Speed Technik
April 7th, 2004, 16:02
One of the perks of my job is being able to take home any one of our 14 in house cars (not including the 6 trucks we now have, hehehe. I am a GM guy myself). So while my pick-up is getting a big lift, I took the RS6 home last night. Had to run a few errnads a few towns over and while driving home after a long day, a e39 M5 rolls up on me on I95. And yes, I am close to the Bridgeport Bridge that burned up due to that tanker that crashed.

Anyway, this M5 guy is doing the usual speed up/slow down crap, par for the course i guess. That was fine and all and I wasn't in the racing mood so I felt no need to destroy this guy of which I am sure he had no idea what we had done to our RS6. This went on for an exit or 2 and I felt no need to prove anything, I guess I am getting a bit older. All was fine until the M5 guy did the following:

He rolls down the window, looks at me, sticks his tounge out and gives me the thumbs down. At that point, IT WAS GO TIME!!! I give him the international "You wanna go" sign, and he bites, I let him get a car length and pull right along side, this happens twice. I then give him the international "bye bye" sign and I am out. He keeps trying to keep up but never got more than a car length or 2 behind me. Feeling no need to push beyond 140, I shut down and in the end he blows by me and now sticks his hand out the window with the thumbs up. I don't think this guy knew what hit him, hehehehe.

nene
April 7th, 2004, 16:41
I think he knew what hit him, that is why he wanted to play.
Once (many times) he noticed you would not go for it, he figured if he pissed you off a little, you'd play.

You fell into his trap bro!

Aronis
April 7th, 2004, 17:38
go get 'em....lol.....

you could have done the same with a stock RS6.....

Mike

Snow
April 7th, 2004, 19:07
Poor M5 owner. ;) I wonder if there are storys "the other way" where M5 owners have been challenged by RS6's? Or is this "I'm gonna leave you bleedin'"-style is special for M5 owners?

Aronis
April 7th, 2004, 19:13
I looked on RoadFly, not such posts..

Lots of talk compairing them, but no-one speaking of any challenges....at least non that I saw..

Mike

April 7th, 2004, 19:49
what is the international "You wanna go" sign?
the international 'byebye' sign is this :bye: right?

just checking.. most of the time i use the international middle finger sign for many applications.

Aronis
April 7th, 2004, 20:09
Ya what is that sign LOL....

:trash:

RS6 OOOO
April 7th, 2004, 21:24
Originally posted by Aronis
I looked on RoadFly, not such posts..
but no-one speaking of any challenges....at least non that I saw..

Mike

well if your car kept losing would you talk about it? :addict:

Aronis
April 7th, 2004, 21:27
Actually honest RS6 owners have posted posts about being beaten.....

Mike

Klint
April 7th, 2004, 23:22
Originally posted by Aronis
Ya what is that sign LOL....

:trash:

The Victory sign and winning, come hand in hand in this case....

RS6 OOOO
April 8th, 2004, 07:34
ive only lost one race so far. and that was a drag race to a 800 hp Supra. i smoked him of the line but when he gain traction in third he pulled and just walked me.

Klint
April 8th, 2004, 13:51
hahahaha...Someone isn't happy about this thread.

I voted it five stars, then someone overnight gave the thread a one star vote bringing it down to three stars.... :D

Speak up or forever keep your peace. :confused:

gjg
April 8th, 2004, 14:18
I voted 4 because I felt sorry for the m5 penile extention driver .... :rotflmao: